Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → my map
my map
2009-12-10, 11:43 AM #1
http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Expedition;107783

You never posted my map :(
2009-12-10, 12:01 PM #2
did you submit it properly? Keep in mind the... 'staff' around here isn't the fastest. They have real work and lives to attend to :P
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-12-10, 12:07 PM #3
My fault, I was sick at the time and never got to it. I'll get that up today.
2009-12-10, 1:11 PM #4
Can you please download this version to post up so they are the same. I'm pretty certain I sent you the exact same file as I did them, but it was a month ago or so my memory is a little hazy. Better to be sure it's the same.

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Expedition;107783
2009-12-10, 2:29 PM #5
I even looked at it for you, but posting levels simply sucks. Actually, I've never gone through the whole process and published it. I guess there's really no need to fix it with JKHub around, since no one submits maps all that often.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-12-10, 2:38 PM #6
Kirbs is referring to http://www.jkhub.net/, you can post your map there too if you want. Under "Addons" would probably be appropriate.

2009-12-10, 2:48 PM #7
JKHub allows JO/JA maps? I vaguely recall Zeq not minding, but I didn't really think they wanted to replace Massassi for those games. I'm just saying, even if we only hosted JO/JA maps, there aren't enough submissions to justify fixing the system.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-12-10, 3:56 PM #8
The 'review' on that website is hilariously bad.
2009-12-10, 4:13 PM #9
Yeah, they always have "reviews" for the descriptions. They're very obtuse and, for the longest time, I thought it was the author's description. Their stupid *** reviews affect downloads. It's incredibly unprofessional.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-12-10, 4:18 PM #10
Wow, thats dumb and confusing. Looks like they have an overzealous set of moderators that get their boners on poorly reviewing levels and calling that its description.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-12-10, 4:23 PM #11
Originally posted by JM:
The 'review' on that website is hilariously bad.

eh? what review?

[nevermind, har har.]

Lets noclip around a map, write about what I see, and call it a review of the authors work!
2009-12-10, 7:13 PM #12
That's not even the part I was talking about.
2009-12-11, 6:10 AM #13
Wasn't Massassi going to update the file uploading system so it wouldn't be a nightmare to use awhile ago? I remember Brian saying something about it. It seems Massassian admins don't want to touch that thing with a 10 foot pole.

A bit saddening though. There could be some real gems in that inbox.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-12-11, 6:48 AM #14
There's no gems in the inbox. I've changed all the submission info to my email system, and Acrobat's is one of the only levels I've received all year.

Yes, the system is a bit of a nightmare, but there's no real drive to change it just for this amount of work. It'll get changed when the new site is finished.

Also, the level is now posted.
2009-12-11, 6:50 AM #15
Yeah that is pretty poor form, I don't know how you can claim it's a review while saying that you don't have the time to run through the puzzles properly.

Downloading now at any rate.
2009-12-11, 7:05 AM #16
Yay front page!
2009-12-11, 7:38 AM #17
Front page? Front page! Front page.
Sorry for the lousy German
2009-12-11, 7:32 PM #18
Ah sweet. thanks matty.

My friend Boddo posted one if his maps here in the jk2 archives if you search for it. It's called "Grand Jedi Skills: *Flaw Stories V2 (final)."
2009-12-12, 2:21 PM #19
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
There's no gems in the inbox.

:(
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-12-12, 3:56 PM #20
Well there are still some good mappers out there for jko and jka.

I post on map-craft.com sometimes, and some of the pictures people post of what they're working on always good most of the time.

It's been a long time since LucasArts released a jk game...since 2002 (jko) and 2003 (jka.) We used to have a steady stream of new lucas games coming out.
;)
2009-12-12, 3:57 PM #21
jo?

ja?

kk
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2009-12-12, 6:11 PM #22
Jedi Knight Outkast = jko (or jo)
Jedi Knight Academy = jka (ja)

The problem i if you just say ja, people won't know what the hell you're talking about.
2009-12-12, 6:32 PM #23
Originally posted by ACROBAT:
Jedi Knight Outkast = jko (or jo)
Jedi Knight Academy = jka (ja)

The problem i if you just say ja, people won't know what the hell you're talking about.

I think it's the other way around. The games aren't called "Jedi Knight Outcast/Academy". They're called "Jedi Outcast/Academy", no knight. Thus, JO and JA.

Anyone who calls it otherwise is wrong. :colbert:
2009-12-12, 8:23 PM #24
Even CM is right sometimes.
2009-12-13, 12:15 PM #25
Well that still doesn't change the fact that when I say something about "ja" no one knows what I'm talking about. So if we can't say jko, which a lot of players say in my opinion, then we're back to having to call it jk2 and jk3.

And then you have people arguing about whether jk:ja is actually a third game.
2009-12-13, 12:24 PM #26
Most intelligent people prefer logical consistency to popular opinion. Are you picking sides? Just saying, JKO and JO are both recognizable, but the first is wrong and the second is accurate.

To me it seems this system gets rid of unnecessary notations:
DF [DF2:]JK [JK:]JO [JK:]JA

This looks dumb and confusing:
DF [DF2:]JK1 JK[:J]O JK[:J]A

In voice/person I've always called them:
Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, Outcast, Acadamy
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-12-13, 1:16 PM #27
Well that still doesn't change the fact that when I say something about "ja" no one knows what I'm talking about. So if we can't say jko, which a lot of players say in my opinion, then we're back to having to call it jk2 and jk3.

On Massassi, you'll find that you're more likely to confuse someone with JKA than you are anything else. JKA is often used to refer to Jedi Knight Arena, a mod for JK. We've always called it JO and JA, and if other people don't know what that means, I suggest you start educating them. :P
2009-12-13, 1:19 PM #28

It's simply called Jedi Academy.

JA.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-12-13, 1:25 PM #29
Using JKA when referring to Jedi Academy is like using McGyver when referring to MACGYVER. Argh!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum

↑ Up to the top!