Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Epic Mario Paint Composer "Evolution of Gaming" Remix
Epic Mario Paint Composer "Evolution of Gaming" Remix
2009-12-10, 5:14 PM #1

Absolutely amazing, it even SOUNDS amazing, which is unbelievable given that it's mario paint composer.
2009-12-10, 5:18 PM #2
Freaking wicked.
2009-12-10, 5:32 PM #3
I can already see from the image preview that it's not real Mario Paint. I wish all these remixes would stop claiming to use MarioPaint.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2009-12-10, 5:44 PM #4
Originally posted by Gebohq:
I can already see from the image preview that it's not real Mario Paint. I wish all these remixes would stop claiming to use MarioPaint.

They didn't. It specifically says both in the video and in the thread title "Mario Paint COMPOSER". Besides, who cares, it's almost the same except they added the ability to make more music and save your work? You still have to go through it just like you did on Mario Paint. :rolleyes:
2009-12-10, 6:04 PM #5
Really very cool. Sounded spot on, too.
2009-12-10, 6:20 PM #6
Sounds good, although it's more of a "Evolution of Nintendo gaming" then gaming itself.
2009-12-10, 6:46 PM #7
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
They didn't. It specifically says both in the video and in the thread title "Mario Paint COMPOSER". Besides, who cares, it's almost the same except they added the ability to make more music and save your work? You still have to go through it just like you did on Mario Paint. :rolleyes:

I missed that -- most of these videos just outright say "Mario Paint lulz" when I see them. And I care -- it's not the same. Trying to make good music with actual Mario Paint takes skill because you can't have more than 3 notes play at the same time (which MPC does) or make flats and sharps (which this does) or the variety of instrument sounds (which MPC has more of) among other things that I can't quite spot (I'm pretty sure they have more range of tempo for example).

I'm listening to it right now -- it's certainly good. But I dislike this pseudo-MarioPaint program a lot. I dislike knockoffs that people accept as the same thing.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2009-12-10, 6:49 PM #8
I don't think it was ever entirely about skill. It gives people an opportunity to embrace music in a new, and simplified way. Even with Composer expanding the abilities of the original, it's still very limited compared to regular music (the most obvious being the complete lack of different notes). If it encourages people to experiment and have fun with music more, and it's enjoyable, I don't see what the problem is. I don't think many are trying to pass it off as something it's not. :/
2009-12-10, 8:20 PM #9
Originally posted by Tibby:
Sounds good, although it's more of a "Evolution of Nintendo gaming" then gaming itself.

Well Nintendo pretty much is the king of evolution in video games so it's only fitting.
2009-12-10, 8:42 PM #10
Pfft, The Wii doesn't even have a quad core.
:colbert:
2009-12-10, 11:42 PM #11
Originally posted by Tibby:
Pfft, The Wii doesn't even have a quad core.
:colbert:

:carl:
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2009-12-11, 9:00 AM #12
Originally posted by Spectrael:
Well Nintendo pretty much is the king of evolution in video games so it's only fitting.

This.

I think almost every new gaming concept has come from nintendo in the last two decades.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-12-11, 9:20 AM #13
Too bad their last concept created a party machine, instead of an actual, serious gaming platform.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-12-11, 9:22 AM #14
Yeah but that was pretty much their goal Jep, so they did what they intended.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2009-12-11, 9:39 AM #15
True enough. I concede.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-12-11, 10:53 AM #16
Kinda nifty I suppose, but I fail to see where the term "remix" comes in. :P
nope.
2009-12-11, 11:35 AM #17
Medley being the real term.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2009-12-11, 2:29 PM #18
Very impressive! I remember playing Mario Paint as a kid. I always thought the little 'face' sound was hilarious. I'll have to muck around with the program and see what I can come up with.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2009-12-11, 9:03 PM #19
Originally posted by Jep:
Too bad their last concept created a party machine, instead of an actual, serious gaming platform.

Yea because video games are serious business.
2009-12-12, 2:19 AM #20
He conceded already =p
Before I could get my jabs in =\
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-12-13, 12:53 AM #21
You're a good man Deadman, good man.

↑ Up to the top!