Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Force Unleashed 2 - New Game announced on VGA's
The Force Unleashed 2 - New Game announced on VGA's
2009-12-12, 5:35 PM #1
I'm sure most of you are watching it but for those that missed it they just announced and showed the trailer for The Force Unleashed 2, due in 2010 on the Spike Video Game awards. The trailer didn't show a lot but it was pretty amazing nonetheless from what it showed, no gameplay however, more just a CGI like the old republic's.

Anyways, discuss. I came several times. Hopefully they improve everything that went wrong with the first one.
2009-12-12, 5:36 PM #2
Funky.

The original had it's problems but I enjoyed it.
nope.
2009-12-12, 5:45 PM #3
The original was awesome in its own ways, although it had extremely buggy targetting which got extremely annoying during the Star Destroyer level, but other than that the game was amazing and the idea was fantastic. Hopefully they'll take the problems and bugs under consideration and make it the game it should be with the sequel.
2009-12-12, 6:26 PM #4
Stupid.

Not interested in more Force Unleashed ****.

Starkiller died in the first game. So is this the "evil" ending being played out? So then what's with all the DLC beforehand? Just more ways to grab more money?

Of all the series they could have continued (rogue squadron, jedi knight, hell, even republic commando), I guess they can just milk the TFU franchise even more. Pass.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-12-12, 6:35 PM #5
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Stupid.

Not interested in more Force Unleashed ****.

Then don't read or post in the mother****ing thread, jackass
2009-12-12, 6:38 PM #6
herp
2009-12-12, 8:32 PM #7
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Starkiller died in the first game. So is this the "evil" ending being played out? So then what's with all the DLC beforehand? Just more ways to grab more money?

OH THANKS VERY MUCH FOR RUINING THE FORCE UNLEASHED FOR ME

YOU *******
2009-12-12, 8:44 PM #8
THAT GUY IN SIXTH SENSE IS DEAD.

Also. Republic Commando! Speaking of that. The ending was horrible. They basically cut off the final mission and just ended it. *******s. LA hasn't made a good game since XWA.
2009-12-12, 10:05 PM #9
Boo. :nonono: I can't say that I'm surprised though.
? :)
2009-12-12, 11:48 PM #10
The story was bollocks, the gameplay seemed pretty good in the Darth Vader intro (the only thing I've played thus far) but anyhow, judging by that TFU Sith Edition addition pack it's not very hard to make Starkiller do more Mary Sue things. Ditch the Death Star II project and learn to blow up planets by himself, hmm?
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-12-13, 12:03 AM #11
where's Jedi Knight 4 :(
2009-12-13, 12:11 AM #12
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
The story was bollocks, the gameplay seemed pretty good in the Darth Vader intro

That part annoyed me ><
It was cool at first, but after impressively walking and waving your hand for a little while you realize you are stuck walking the whole way.
RUN VADER YOU SLACK *******

EDIT- Wow, I can't believe that word is censored.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-12-13, 2:04 AM #13
I loved TFU. I look forward in earnest to the sequel.
2009-12-13, 4:26 AM #14
I was so glad he's F****G dead and now they come up with this?:o:psylon:
2009-12-13, 8:01 AM #15
Hopefully it'll be a better game than the first one. I was amazed at how buggy that game was given that the graphics, AI engine, and physics engine was written for them.

My favorite moment was, during the assault on the space platform over Nar Shadda, I managed to knock a TIE fighter out of the air. It gently floated to the ground. However, the object that fired its lasers continued on its pre-defined track.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2009-12-13, 8:05 AM #16
I enjoyed the first game - mainly because, as the fellows at Penny Arcade said, it accurately created moments of 'space opera' that some feel haven't rung true since the original trilogy. It felt like classic Star Wars. To be honest, **** the Clone Wars and the endless merchandising bonanza it created. THERE'S NO SUSPENSE - we all know how it ends anyway.

TFU had moments of true grandeur. It wasn't perfect, but it felt like a story that wasn't laboured, or sandwiched in awkwardly. Like Zahn's Shadows of the Empire, it took a fresh look at a chapter yet untold in the Star Wars universe, and it told it well.

Which brings me to the problem with this trailer - the only problem I'd have with a sequel. The first story ended well. Starkiller dead, sacrifice meaningful, game over. Now - to make a sequel work - here comes the spin doctors. Oh, wait, he didn't actually blow himself to pieces in a dramatic Force explosion that was visible from space. He was just pretending, see...

The only way that it could work (and I'm open to the idea) would be a "What-if" scenario.
The Last True Evil - consistent nobody in the Discussion Forum since 1998
2009-12-13, 9:23 AM #17
From what I gathered from the trailer, it is a "what-if" game. "What if Vader and Starkiller killed the Emperor?" That's what I got, at least.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2009-12-13, 11:14 AM #18
Originally posted by Darth J:
From what I gathered from the trailer, it is a "what-if" game. "What if Vader and Starkiller killed the Emperor?" That's what I got, at least.

That was, after all, one of the alternate endings...
2009-12-13, 1:10 PM #19
Originally posted by The Last True Evil:
...Like Zahn's Shadows of the Empire, it took a fresh look at a chapter yet untold in the Star Wars universe, and it told it well.

Which brings me to the problem with this trailer - the only problem I'd have with a sequel. The first story ended well. Starkiller dead, sacrifice meaningful, game over. Now - to make a sequel work - here comes the spin doctors. Oh, wait, he didn't actually blow himself to pieces in a dramatic Force explosion that was visible from space. He was just pretending, see...

The only way that it could work (and I'm open to the idea) would be a "What-if" scenario.

Actually, Steve Perry wrote Shadows of the Empire unless you meant to refer to the Zahn trilogy from the early nineties.

If they craft a good story, which they likely will, a sequel should be fine. I'll look for the trailer later.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2009-12-13, 1:11 PM #20
Originally posted by Alco:
That was, after all, one of the alternate endings...

Are there more than two endings to the game?
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2009-12-13, 2:18 PM #21
Don't think so.
2009-12-13, 2:34 PM #22
I didn't think there was either but I was wondering if Alco knew something different.

2009-12-13, 2:48 PM #23
Yeah either Light Side or Dark Side ending, Kill Vader or Kill the Emperor
Flying over there some were...
2009-12-13, 7:13 PM #24
But he dies either way
2009-12-13, 8:41 PM #25
Not if you kill Vader he doesn't.
nope.
2009-12-13, 8:44 PM #26
Maybe he's a clone.

Luke had a clone, so why not.
2009-12-13, 9:06 PM #27
So did the emperor. I doubt he's a clone but the trailer looks interesting and I liked the first game so I have faith I'll like The Force Unleashed 2: Ultimate Sith Edition.

2009-12-14, 1:15 AM #28
Its not an extension of the Vader Dead ending.

Prehaps what their saying is hangon a second, if the guys powerful enough to bring down a frigging star destroyer he could probably survive that.

There is however a more terrifying possibility... one that makes me soil myself thinking about it.

George Lucas wants to write the second one...
2009-12-14, 2:03 AM #29
Originally posted by The_Reafis:

George Lucas wants to write the second one...

SAY IT'S NOT TRUE :(
2009-12-14, 4:01 AM #30
Meh, I was perfectly happy with the first game on the 360. It had its problems sure, but I had a blast playing through it twice on the toughest difficulties. I've happy they are announcing a second game with similar gameplay. What I'm disappointed in is that they are bringing back Starkiller.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-12-14, 6:33 AM #31
Honestly, the story was pretty good for a video game. The only part that bothered me was Darth Vader's voice acting. Beyond that, I was really impressed with it. The crappy PC port was really, well, crappy. But hopefully they'll fix some of the small annoyances from the first game, and if they do put it on the PC they spend a little more time on it.

I'm sure they'll come up with something clever for Starkiller. I doubt they'd throw away the perfectly good ending they already had. For all we know, Starkiller could actually still be dead. It's not like the trailer actually revealed anything, it was really just a teaser video.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2009-12-15, 9:52 PM #32
Right, right, sorry - Perry wrote Shadows of the Empire, Zahn wrote the Thrawn trilogy. But Shadows of the Empire is still one of my favourites, just because it feels like part of the consistent story and not an excuse to sell pljush toys. Force Unleashed is like that, too.
The Last True Evil - consistent nobody in the Discussion Forum since 1998

↑ Up to the top!