Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Waiting for Halflife: Ep 3
Waiting for Halflife: Ep 3
2009-12-13, 9:34 PM #1
Is this ever going to come out? I thought they were supposed to release a trailer back in October, but I've heard nothing about it.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2009-12-13, 9:42 PM #2
Everytime you complain, Gabe Newell eats a puppy.
Everytime Gabe Newell is called fat, it's pushed back a week.
It's a cycle.
2009-12-13, 10:18 PM #3
They'd rather release expansions... er... sequels to games that don't need them.
>>untie shoes
2009-12-14, 4:30 AM #4
It's been cancelled.

:ninja:
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2009-12-14, 5:25 AM #5
I'm starting to think they are just going to wait for a new engine...
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-12-14, 10:05 AM #6
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
I'm starting to think they are just going to wait for a new engine...

I doubt it. The episodes are very short. They'll release this on Source, but they're beginning to treat the HL series like Blizzard does everything. "We've got one dude working on it. It'll be done whenever he either dies of exhaustion or finishes it. We'll release it that way no matter which."
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2009-12-14, 10:07 AM #7
Haha, well I'm just glad they still update TF2
2009-12-14, 10:24 AM #8
Originally posted by Yecti:
I doubt it. The episodes are very short. They'll release this on Source, but they're beginning to treat the HL series like Blizzard does everything. "We've got one dude working on it. It'll be done whenever he either dies of exhaustion or finishes it. We'll release it that way no matter which."

Just remember that we didn't hear anything about HL2 for years, yet they'd been working on it all along.

Also, the game Freelancer started development about the same time as Duke Nukem Forever was announced, and it was eventually released.
2009-12-14, 12:03 PM #9
I just remembered what happened to Eli on episode 2.... man now i really want episode 3 to come out. Stupid cliffhangers!
2009-12-14, 12:13 PM #10
I didn't even remember HL2EP3 until this thread... so yeah, they should finish it someday.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-12-14, 1:02 PM #11
They'll probably release it in another box set like before, since it was so successful. We know they're working on a Portals 2, and HL2:EP2. Question is, what will be the third game?
2009-12-16, 12:32 PM #12
I've heard recently that work is going on it. They're just reaching the point where they aren't "not talking about it" any more.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2009-12-16, 8:14 PM #13
Cool Matty: TF3, duh!

↑ Up to the top!