Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Duke Nukem Forever gameplay footage
Duke Nukem Forever gameplay footage
2010-10-03, 11:15 AM #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uX5VDjjT0I

I like the field goal at the end.
2010-10-03, 11:21 AM #2
Hell yeah the Devastator Weapon is still awesome.

I also like how after Broussard's fat arse got out of the game the new team is actually showing results of their work. And they results seem pretty good.

Can't get my hopes up yet, though. EVER THE CYNIC. OMG IT'S GONNA SUCK DX3 SUCK EX 3 (wow offtopic).
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2010-10-03, 5:36 PM #3
That was great. Definitely looks like they have the whole Duke vibe right.
Pissed Off?
2010-10-03, 5:57 PM #4
=O
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2010-10-03, 5:57 PM #5
Oh man... I must have done something write for Karma to treat me this good. Great day at work and I come home to this? Today = awesome
"Hello one day ban." ~ Baconfish
>Liberius when he's not on Massassi<
2010-10-03, 10:31 PM #6
:)
A dream is beautiful because it remains a dream.
2010-10-03, 11:18 PM #7
"After 12 ****ing years it should be..."

Best line ever!
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2010-10-03, 11:20 PM #8
It looks cool and all... I'll look forward to a little more footage before making a judgment. It does look promising, though.
>>untie shoes
2010-10-04, 6:39 AM #9
people still care about that game???
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2010-10-04, 7:16 AM #10
I have a morbid curiosity about it
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2010-10-04, 8:00 AM #11
Originally posted by Darth_Xasthur:
people still care about that game???

If it's a good game, why does the passage of time affect how people will like it? Bashing Duke Nukem Forever has become a bandwagon of its own.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-10-04, 8:25 AM #12
looks like the day may come when i'll need to start a new NTG thread
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2010-10-04, 9:48 AM #13
It's like Daikatana
2010-10-04, 10:40 AM #14
write
2010-10-04, 10:44 AM #15
Originally posted by Emon:
If it's a good game, why does the passage of time affect how people will like it? Bashing Duke Nukem Forever has become a bandwagon of its own.

Thought the extended period of time doesn't help, but is ultimately irrelevant to me due to the fact that duke nuke 'em is bland and unengaging as all hell. I do not have high hopes for this game.

I understand that (for some reason) people are still on the "Oh, my god duke nuke 'em is retroly cool" bandwagon, but I do not cooperate.

As far as new games, there are plenty of cool new titles (dead space) and even some old-ones (fallout) that are coming out, and when they say they are coming out, its means that they are coming out. Not in 10 years, but soon. Within a few months.

If you are simply in love with duke because of his old pc and n64 appearances, castrate yourself. Play Quake,Wolfenstein, Doom, Witchhaven, something that doesn't give me the that sour feeling only triggered by Arnold Schwarzenegger wannabees.

:omg:Yeah, I went there.
2010-10-04, 10:45 AM #16
Stop posting
2010-10-04, 10:51 AM #17
Originally posted by Steven:
Stop posting

You cant handle the truth. :ninja: That's all....
2010-10-04, 11:04 AM #18
I hope the whole game isn't like that...running in circles around a boss while pounding on it. It looks too much like Serious Sam. That could kill the experience for me.

Everything else looks pretty awesome though.

"If I understood any of this, that guy would probably still have an arm."
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2010-10-04, 11:04 AM #19
damn you veger posting 1 second before me

You cant handle the truth. :ninja: That's all....

no... you just need to stop posting
2010-10-04, 11:07 AM #20
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
damn you veger posting 1 second before me

no... you just need to stop posting

You cant handle the truth either. :colbert:
2010-10-04, 11:22 AM #21
Thought the extended period of time doesn't help, but is ultimately irrelevant to me due to the fact that duke nuke 'em is bland and unengaging as all hell. I do not have high hopes for this game.

So you don't like Duke Nukem. Why would we expect you to have high hopes for it then? I don't really like basketball, so you're not going to see me parading around shouting about how I can't wait for NBA2K11.

Quote:
I understand that (for some reason) people are still on the "Oh, my god duke nuke 'em is retroly cool" bandwagon, but I do not cooperate.

Duke Nukem is hilarious and awesome because his only real reason for wanting to kill the aliens is so he can go around shagging women and driving monster trucks over people like you without anyone bothering him.

Quote:
As far as new games, there are plenty of cool new titles (dead space) and even some old-ones (fallout) that are coming out, and when they say they are coming out, its means that they are coming out. Not in 10 years, but soon. Within a few months.

The only reason Duke Nukem Forever is coming out is because it's being finished off by a new studio. And what game comes out within a few months of being announced? This does not happen. They might be coming out a few months from now, but then again so is Duke Nukem Forever. So once again you have no point.

Quote:
If you are simply in love with duke because of his old pc and n64 appearances, castrate yourself. Play Quake,Wolfenstein, Doom, Witchhaven, something that doesn't give me the that sour feeling only triggered by Arnold Schwarzenegger wannabees.

Why is it encouraged to remove one's testicles because they like an old videogame character? This makes no sense to me. Sad news for all those Nintendo fans, though, cause that's just about all they have. And what makes it alright for people to still like Quake, Wolfenstein, Doom, etc... but not Duke Nukem? And so what if Duke is musclebound like Arnold. If I remember correctly Quake, Wolfenstein, and Doom are all about a big buffed up badass running around with guns slaughtering enemies. Once again, you have no point.

Quote:
:omg:Yeah, I went there.

Where is there? If it's somewhere that doesn't have internet access, please go back there. And stay. Forever.

Also, while you're there pretend that you're in love with a videogame character because of his old PC and N64 appearances, and then act accordingly.
>>untie shoes
2010-10-04, 11:23 AM #22
Thought the extended period of time doesn't help, but is ultimately irrelevant to me due to the fact that duke nuke 'em is bland and unengaging as all hell.

What, the original Duke 3D? It's 14 years out of date. What do you want? And you haven't played this one yet, so shut the **** up.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-10-04, 11:49 AM #23
Originally posted by Antony:
If I remember correctly Quake, Wolfenstein, and Doom are all about a big buffed up badass running around with guns slaughtering enemies. Once again, you have no point.

well let's check...
http://media.moddb.com/images/downloads/1/16/15417/Doom.JPG doom check
http://webpendrive.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/wolf1.jpg wolf3d check
http://www.thg.ru/game/20051101/images/quake1.jpg quake... i guess check... only one without the game's hero depicted on the box so all we get are the blocky character models
2010-10-04, 11:53 AM #24
Originally posted by Gettleburger:
:)

DAMN YOU AND YOUR SMUG SMUGGINESS! </seething jealousy>

*cries in a corner*
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2010-10-04, 12:01 PM #25
Duke 3D was hilarious. I feel like postal is more bubblegum humor than DN3D
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2010-10-04, 1:35 PM #26
Originally posted by Brian:
It's like Daikatana

Ahahaha....

Also, video is taken down. :(
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2010-10-04, 7:05 PM #27
Just throwing this out there, but when I played through DNF it was pretty sweet.
2010-10-04, 11:14 PM #28

new video
DO NOT WANT.
2010-10-05, 1:59 AM #29
I lol'd pretty hard. Even if it turns out to be a generic shooter with a decade old franchise slapped on it, it looks like it'll be fun.

PC or die

Also blowjays
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2010-10-06, 3:04 AM #30
Originally posted by Gettleburger:
Just throwing this out there, but when I played through DNF it was pretty sweet.

If I remember correctly you've mentioned you work at Gearbox.

Just how much are you not allowed to tell us? :)
幻術
2010-10-06, 7:33 AM #31
Expectations have been built up for over a decade...prepare to have your dreams crushed..It'll be good, probably even really good, just not nearly as good as people think in their heads.
2010-10-06, 4:46 PM #32
See, I disagree, I think expectations have been repeatedly crushed over time for this game.
I think there are very few people out there getting truly excited, the rest of us are merely going to play it when (and if) it comes out, until then I'll take note of the odd video or whatever, but I'm certainly not holding my breath.
2010-10-06, 5:01 PM #33
Yeah, to be honest I have no expectations for it at all. I just think it's cool that it's actually coming out, and I hope it's at least fun for a little while.
>>untie shoes
2010-10-06, 5:10 PM #34
Exactly
2010-10-06, 6:59 PM #35
Originally posted by Koobie:

Only that it was a blast to play. That's about it.
2010-10-07, 6:34 AM #36
I still don't think it will come out
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2010-10-07, 12:19 PM #37
One thing for sure about this game...

Duke is NOT well hung.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2010-10-07, 1:56 PM #38
Your mom is not well hung.

[http://news.softpedia.com/images/news2/Duke-Nukem-3D-on-Xbox-Live-Arcade-more-than-a-dream-2.jpg]

SORRY. :)
幻術
2010-10-07, 9:15 PM #39
She has four eyes!!!!!11
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2010-10-08, 6:58 AM #40
Originally posted by Koobie:

This is why I posted what I did before. In comparison, my current job makes me weep. In all fairness, just about any comparison to an actual game company would make me cry, but still.

Gearbox isn't looking for any testers, writers, or [fill in the blank] designers, are they, best-friend Gettleburger? :ninja: (I technically have an art background too, but I usually consider that only good enough to strengthen my communication/design/etc. skills.)
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net

↑ Up to the top!