Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Battlegate Voyager, Craprica, and Boardwalk Empire
Battlegate Voyager, Craprica, and Boardwalk Empire
2010-10-06, 7:41 PM #1
We need more tv threads. These shows just started. They are awesome and if you disagree you are stupid.
2010-10-06, 7:55 PM #2
OP has no content, shame shame shame.
2010-10-06, 8:07 PM #3
is this the guess what i ate thread?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2010-10-06, 8:45 PM #4
You are wrong, sir.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2010-10-06, 9:03 PM #5
Boardwalk Empire is the epitome of what can be accomplished with a period set television show. The cast is amazing. The sets are amazing. The music is amazing. Everything is amazing. It is one of the best new series I have ever seen.

Translation = Martin Scorsese made a tv show. You should watch it.
>>untie shoes
2010-10-06, 9:46 PM #6
Caprica is back? **** YES.
Also, Venture Brothers is back.
Also, Stargate Universe ****ing sucks, hurr durr let's constantly flashback to earth durrr.
2010-10-06, 9:57 PM #7
they rarely go to earth. Season 2 opener was good.

o.0
2010-10-06, 10:44 PM #8
Are there aliens yet? I will watch as soon as they dump the asinine earth crap and go with the ship, and only the ship. Basically I want another Galactica except with stargate-esque exploration and aliens.
2010-10-06, 10:53 PM #9
I recommend finishing season 1. Aliens are a plotline, yes. Its not really BSG.

o.0
2010-10-07, 12:21 AM #10
SGU is alot of "Let's make it needlessly dramatic, stressful, unhappy, and throw in some fake/cheesy drama mixed into some kinda good storylines while pretending like there's a long narrative/connection plot in between episodes when actually the entire twist of one episode will be neglected until another episode much later and we'll take the story into another random direction that the audience doesn't care about" on a spaceship.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2010-10-07, 1:05 AM #11
SGU is a whole lotta
[http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/090727/Stargate-Universe_l.jpg]

o.0
2010-10-07, 2:07 AM #12
Caprica was ****ing impressive, worth the wait.
2010-10-07, 2:48 AM #13
I've been watching "Caprica" but I haven't heard of the other 2. I'll have to check them out (if they're available for streaming online).
? :)
2010-10-07, 3:05 AM #14
hulu has some of the StarGate Universe episodes (the last 2 from this season and 3 more from the first season I believe)
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2010-10-07, 10:39 AM #15
I am enjoying Stargate Universe.. it just keeps getting better and better.
2010-10-07, 11:21 AM #16
That's not hard to do from where it started..
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2010-10-07, 11:52 AM #17
VENTURE BROS
CHUCK
DEXTER
CASTLE
SUNNY
BIG BANG THEORY

THAT IS ALL
2010-10-07, 11:54 AM #18
Originally posted by happydud:
That's not hard to do from where it started..

It's an attempt to appeal to an entirely different kind of audience. I think it's pretty good for what it is, but it's not at all the traditional Stargate formula.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-10-07, 3:39 PM #19
I'm just now watching "Stargate SG-1" via Netflix for the first time. It took me several episodes before I began to enjoy it but now I do. I just started season 2 & it appears to be getting better & better. I also ran across "SG-Universe" on Netflix as well. Should I finish the original series before watching that?

Also, I'm w/ Steven on "Castle". It's similar enough to "CSI" or "Law & Order" for my wife to enjoy & Nathon Fillion as well as the Mulder/Scully-ish relationship that the 2 main characters have going on keeps me interested.
? :)
2010-10-07, 4:03 PM #20
Originally posted by Mentat:
I'm just now watching "Stargate SG-1" via Netflix for the first time. It took me several episodes before I began to enjoy it but now I do. I just started season 2 & it appears to be getting better & better. I also ran across "SG-Universe" on Netflix as well. Should I finish the original series before watching that?

Stargate Universe is much different than Stargate SG1 and is written in such a way that you dont need to know all the Stargate Mythology in order to follow the show, so you should be fine watching that along with SG1.
2010-10-07, 4:33 PM #21
I can't believe I'm the only one who's seen Boardwalk Empire. All of you: Torrent it now!
>>untie shoes
2010-10-07, 5:57 PM #22
I really hate television for the most part.

I am however interested in Boardwalk Empire. Serialized ventures that have a more limited run (or at least more focused narrative) intrigue me. Lots of Japanese animation does 26 episode runs and I feel like it's a lot less of a waste of time than what Veger described, which is over 90% of television. Not to say there aren't some quality productions, but they're by far the minority.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2010-10-07, 7:03 PM #23
Quote:
I can't believe I'm the only one who's seen Boardwalk Empire. All of you: Torrent it now!
Why would I torrent it on Monday when I can watch it on HBO on Sunday?
2010-10-07, 7:22 PM #24
Originally posted by JM:
Why would I torrent it on Monday when I can watch it on HBO on Sunday?

Because:

A. Most torrents start going live ~1 hour after the show airs :P
B. You don't have to pay for HBO.
2010-10-07, 8:39 PM #25
On the west coast torrents are out before the show airs. <3

o.0
2010-10-08, 7:15 AM #26
Originally posted by Antony:

Way ahead of you
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-10-08, 7:22 AM #27
First episode was awesome, second episode was lame, third was awesome again.
2010-10-08, 12:20 PM #28
Big Bang theory is getting old, Sheldon went from funny and different to just plain annoying and unbearable to watch, plus they use some of the same jokes OVER and OVER

"soft kitty song"
"bazinga"
"thats my spot"

the LIST GOES ON

↑ Up to the top!