Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → European Massassians! I need your help
European Massassians! I need your help
2010-10-07, 11:19 AM #1
So I'm planning some events for work. They're a series of low-key meetups that will occur after a series of bigger day long events. We're looking for good venues for the smaller meetups. The problem is, these events are in Europe!

So if you know of any good pubs-type places that would be a good place for 6-10 people to just hang out in informally for a few hours, post any information on them here (name, website, address, what makes them cool, etc).

The cities are:
Munich, Amsterdam, Madrid, Warsaw, Paris, and London.

Thanks!
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2010-10-07, 11:27 AM #2
Those cities are all quite large, perhaps specific neighborhoods would be helpful.
2010-10-07, 11:37 AM #3
I'm sure some suggestions for nice pubs in the area would be fine even though it's a big city. It shouldnt be hard to hop in a cab and go to a recommended location.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2010-10-07, 11:43 AM #4
I guess that you've never gotten a taxi in a european city before then. :P
nope.
2010-10-07, 1:30 PM #5
Come on, can't you persuade them to make a stop in Budapest? :D

Also, Baconfish, mb wouldn't have fit.
幻術
2010-10-07, 3:25 PM #6
Oh, I thought you were going to tell us you were robbed and stuck in London.

And also that your yahoo e-mail was hijacked.
2010-10-07, 3:32 PM #7
Munich - viktoalienplatz
2010-10-09, 2:54 PM #8
London

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ye_Olde_Cheshire_Cheese

near St. Pauls too.

What makes it cool....well probably one of the oldest pubs in London, hasn't been modernised in any particular way so the atmosphere is of the old, dark, low roof pubs of old england is still there.

Lots of famous literary figures have been known to be regulars there (see wiki).

Suprisingly as well it's not too expensive, in fact, prices are almost cheap for London.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2010-10-09, 5:47 PM #9
My wife's uncle (Jean-Jacques) owns 4 restaurants in the 10th district of Paris (19 Rue Rene Boulanger). A brasserie (bistro/brewery), a pizzeria, a creperie & a sandwicherie (he basically owns the entire block). If you take the subway the station is Strasbourg Saint-Denis. I would recommend his brasserie (Bistro Renaissance) if you want a casual atmosphere or his creperie (across the alley from his brasserie) if you want something slightly more private. Tell him (or the bartender) that Estelle (the owner's niece) & Michael (me) sent you.
? :)
2010-10-09, 6:21 PM #10
Go to the Hof Brauhaus in Munich, but there are only a billion pubs there, but Ive been to quite a few when I was there.
He who controls the spice controls the universe-
2010-10-10, 8:04 AM #11
You could go to an awesome house party in the Melkweg in Amsterdam

↑ Up to the top!