Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → My Halloween Costume
My Halloween Costume
2010-10-07, 7:19 PM #1
I am planning on going out around Halloween as John Lennon attending a Halloween masquerade ball as Hitler.

How likely do you think I am to be arrested for hate speech? Enough of a variation to be tasteful? Should do? Shouldn't do?
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2010-10-07, 8:55 PM #2
people will just think you're hitler

o.0
2010-10-07, 8:58 PM #3
How will you wear the glasses and the mask?
>>untie shoes
2010-10-07, 9:31 PM #4
This is a retarded idea. Also, you're doing the ":smug: I'm smarter than normal people" thing again.
2010-10-07, 9:48 PM #5
Originally posted by ragna:
This is a retarded idea. Also, you're doing the ":smug: I'm smarter than normal people" thing again.

Now I think it's a great idea for some reason. Go for it, Spook!
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2010-10-07, 10:09 PM #6
Arrested for hate speech? Where do you live, Germany? China?

I guess I don't get the costume. Is it simply the ambiguity that is supposed to make it humorous? If that's the case, do it. Nobody will get it, but the fun will come when you have to explain to people who you are. If there is more to it, well, then I guess I'm part of the dumb general populace.
2010-10-07, 11:44 PM #7
Do it fgt
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2010-10-08, 12:09 AM #8
I like the idea. A lot.

Originally posted by Spook:
How likely do you think I am to be arrested for hate speech?

If you're doing it in the U.S., the odds are virtually nil. If you are somehow arrested, your local ACLU chapter will probably be pretty happy to get you out and then represent you in your claim for damages, injunctive relief, whatever.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2010-10-08, 12:26 AM #9
I will glue the glasses to the mask, and I live in Utah. While an underrated state, we have crazy cops.

I am considering altering the nazi armband to a tie die form with the sgt pepper drum logo. Too much compromise?
2010-10-08, 6:05 AM #10
Originally posted by Spook:
and I live in Utah. While an underrated state, we have crazy cops.

I know exactly what you mean, especially here in the southern part.

I was thinking of finding a wig a make a dress out of pork chops:D
He who controls the spice controls the universe-
2010-10-08, 6:37 AM #11
I could use ideas for a good/fun costume I can get at the last minute myself, since I'll be on the other side of the globe the 2 weeks before Halloween.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2010-10-08, 7:19 AM #12
Just be zombie Lennon :colbert:
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2010-10-08, 1:04 PM #13
I was considering doing Elvis as Hitler too, but I look a bit more like Lennon, and I think it may be a better social commentary. I can do an Elvis impersonation much better though.
2010-10-08, 2:09 PM #14
I want to be Paul Who Is A Ghost from Pictures for Sad Children, but I think the costume might make drinking difficult.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2010-10-08, 3:35 PM #15
Originally posted by Gebohq:
I could use ideas for a good/fun costume I can get at the last minute myself, since I'll be on the other side of the globe the 2 weeks before Halloween.

Brown bedsheet + eye holes = Black Ghost.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!