Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Apparently we were wrong...
Apparently we were wrong...
2010-10-17, 8:20 AM #1
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/10/14/shark-smell-myth-fishy/

(fox News link for Wookie06 and Antony)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2010-10-17, 8:42 AM #2
Quote:
When it comes to the myth of sharks having an unrivaled sense of smell, her conclusion is: "Myth busted."

[http://www.healthhabits.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/myth-busted.jpg]
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2010-10-17, 9:23 AM #3
Neato Bandito, Sarn, thanks for posting this :)
2010-10-17, 10:14 AM #4
Wow, now Fox News is ripping off Mythbusters.

Next up, Ghost Hunters. :hist101:
2010-10-17, 10:52 AM #5
Actually, as much as I like to disparage Faux News for its idiotic reports, you can't give them credit for that. It was a quote in an Inside Science News Service article. Still, the editorial determination to run this article was pretty dumb. First, sharks live underwater where there is no air so OF COURSE they can't smell. And who has been lying about this for all this time? Scientist whom are also largely democrat. That would explain why they have been lying and why they mostly don't believe in God.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-10-17, 11:01 AM #6
Agreed in full, and in addition let me point out that I believed in God until I read this article.
2010-10-17, 12:59 PM #7
Sharks are Godless killing machines, much like bears.
>>untie shoes
2010-10-17, 1:06 PM #8
Bears are kinda like Godless foraging/scavenging machines, kinda, really, too :/
2010-10-17, 1:07 PM #9
Originally posted by Temperamental:
Next up, Ghost Hunters. :hist101:

Or as FOX likes to call it: Christianity.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2010-10-17, 3:54 PM #10
Originally posted by Antony:
Sharks are Godless killing machines, much like bears.

I think you'll find that bears worship the almighty John Petrucci, secret bear god.
nope.
2010-10-17, 10:19 PM #11
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:

This had me rolling! Well played sir!
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2010-10-18, 12:16 AM #12
Originally posted by Wookie06:
Actually, as much as I like to disparage Faux News for its idiotic reports, you can't give them credit for that. It was a quote in an Inside Science News Service article. Still, the editorial determination to run this article was pretty dumb. First, sharks live underwater where there is no air so OF COURSE they can't smell. And who has been lying about this for all this time? Scientist whom are also largely democrat. That would explain why they have been lying and why they mostly don't believe in God.

Wookie has become a parody of his trolling self...on purpose. This is all very confusing.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2010-10-18, 12:36 AM #13
I miss the days when Wookie was merely a parody of himself, instead of a parody of that parody.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2010-10-18, 12:37 AM #14
It's like he's parodying someone parodying him... and I'm still not sure if he was being a parody to begin with or not.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2010-10-18, 4:12 AM #15
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:

i concur, and are filled with such hearty guffaws :awesome:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2010-10-18, 7:55 AM #16
Originally posted by Deadman:
It's like he's parodying someone parodying him... and I'm still not sure if he was being a parody to begin with or not.

One thing is for sure, it's completely unfunny.
2010-10-18, 8:45 AM #17
Originally posted by Deadman:

has anyone seen the mouse and his child? its like the can of dogfood with the lable where a dog is holding a can of dog food and on the lable of that can there is another dog holding another can.... trying to figure wookie out is kind of like trying to find the last dog holding a can of dog food...
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2010-10-18, 8:50 AM #18
HOLY CRAP!!! i am pretty sure Wookie was created inadvertently by Jon'C's... Jon'Cs... Jon'Css', whatever! he was created by his digitized subconcious programming as a source of entertainment! damn your spidery mechanical legs Jon'C! Damn them!
2010-10-18, 9:17 PM #19
You people are weird.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-10-19, 8:28 AM #20
its ok wookie im still more on the same side as you than not, mostly.
2010-10-19, 9:37 AM #21
They mostly come at night. Mostly.
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2010-10-19, 10:56 AM #22
Oh thank god, Darth_Xasthur is back so now the madness can cease again.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.

↑ Up to the top!