Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Any LA ians?
Any LA ians?
2010-10-18, 10:38 AM #1
I'm going to LA (Los Angeles) tonight and will be there until Friday. Any ians down there want to get dinner or something? Just to make you feel better, since my concealed pistol permit from WA isn't valid in CA I won't be packing :( (at least not a pistol)
2010-10-18, 10:49 AM #2
I live about 45 minutes from Downtown. Will you have access to a vehicle?

I think SAJN works in Hollywood, and Veger is from Irvine I think mayhaps.
2010-10-18, 10:57 AM #3
Originally posted by Steven:
I live about 45 minutes from Downtown. Will you have access to a vehicle?

I'm sure he'll have some way of ... procuring a vehicle. :ninja:
2010-10-18, 11:36 AM #4
Wait, you're not packing AND you want to meet up with someone from the internet in LA!?!?
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-10-18, 11:42 AM #5
I do the livings in Tarzana and the workings in Burbank.
Think while it's still legal.
2010-10-18, 12:06 PM #6
I'm going to be in Santa Monica and I won't have access to a car. I can take a cab somewhere nearby though.
2010-10-18, 12:06 PM #7
Originally posted by Wookie06:
Wait, you're not packing AND you want to meet up with someone from the internet in LA!?!?

Not just any someone! The people on Massassi are the most upstanding citizens in the world, don't you know?
2010-10-18, 12:19 PM #8
One of you calisassians make sure to get Brian a Pokemon t-shirt or something.
2010-10-18, 12:36 PM #9
Santa Monica is awesome...if you really like hipsters. On the bright side, you'll be sure to eat healthy. Also, it's been raining the past week or so-- it hasn't rained since May (? Maybe earlier than that) so you certainly picked a great time to show up :p
Think while it's still legal.
2010-10-18, 12:43 PM #10
Weak, someone told me it was hot and dry there so I only packed a single soft shell jacket. Blah. Oh well, I'm used to rain (although not acid rain). It's a work trip so I didn't exactly get to choose where I go (company I work for is based in Santa Monica).
2010-10-18, 1:37 PM #11
Isn't it a pain to travel to CA if you carry? I did a road trip from OK all over the SW over the summer and therefore definitely wanted to take my weapon, but since the far end of that trip included family in Bakersfield, CA, I had to get a law degree to figure out how to do it without getting arrested on foreign soil with it, including being careful which magazines i took and bringing an arsenal of locks and separate containers, etc.

But to answer your question, no, I do not live in LA.
Warhead[97]
2010-10-18, 2:19 PM #12
A most wretched hive of scum & villainy.
? :)
2010-10-18, 6:25 PM #13
I'm in San Diego (as is dalf). It's about a 2 hour drive from LA. If you have the opportunity to make the trip, let me know. Maybe we can go to the zoo or something.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2010-10-18, 6:32 PM #14
I live like an hour south of LA. But I haven't the money to buy food, or to afford gas, nor do I have a job. :(

Although I'm looking to remedy these things soon.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2010-10-18, 6:42 PM #15
So you can stop and pick up the beach bum, Veger, on your way down to see andrea and me. :p
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2010-10-18, 7:38 PM #16
Haha, too bad, no way I'll be able to make it to san diego, I won't have a car or the time to make the trip since I'll be working all day every day :(
2010-10-18, 7:51 PM #17
Next time getting sent to a foreign country via San Diego we will have to hang out, Sarn.

(Meaning, you can pick me up from pendleton since I will lack car and watch be get sloshed at a restaraunt. I'll buy the appetizers? ;))
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2010-10-18, 8:31 PM #18
Originally posted by Spook:
Next time getting sent to a foreign country via San Diego we will have to hang out, Sarn.

(Meaning, you can pick me up from pendleton since I will lack car and watch be get sloshed at a restaraunt. I'll buy the appetizers? ;))

You're in Pendleton right now?
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2010-10-18, 8:35 PM #19
Dalf, they send reservists to Pendleton for "you're going to be in the desert for a year" training before deployment.
>>untie shoes
2010-10-18, 9:00 PM #20
So you're asking for an Massassian to go on a date with you?!! Dinner? Or something?!?! :o
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2010-10-18, 9:06 PM #21
Originally posted by dalf:
You're in Pendleton right now?

No, what Antony said. I might end up there for a school in the next while as well.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2010-10-18, 9:11 PM #22
Originally posted by Sol:
So you're asking for an Massassian to go on a date with you?!! Dinner? Or something?!?! :o

Possibly a reach around if his date is lucky.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-10-19, 9:09 AM #23
Oh well, I found a Krispy Kreme next to the corporate apartments so I'll just eat myself to death because of the rejection.
2010-10-19, 9:12 AM #24
I've yet to have fresh Krispy Kreme
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-10-19, 9:18 AM #25
At Krispy Kreme you can watch them make the donuts.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2010-10-19, 9:32 AM #26
Brian, enjoying your time in the Thunderstorm-plagued Los Angeles this morning?
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2010-10-19, 9:34 AM #27
Originally posted by Wookie06:

We will see you on dateline with Chris Whatever. (jenkins)

Originally posted by Mentat:
A most wretched hive of scum & villainy.

:downswords:

Originally posted by Brian:
Oh well, I'm used to rain (although not acid rain)

:downswords:

Originally posted by Brian:
I won't be packing :( (at least not a pistol)

What exactly are you talking about? I cant tell if this is a vacation joke, or a penis joke...
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2010-10-19, 9:45 AM #28
It's no joke. Brian carries a gun around, but it's not allowed in CA.

Sorry Brian, but I work M-Th, 9-5, and it's raining. Not really up for a 90 minute drive to Santa Monica (it sucks).
2010-10-19, 11:07 AM #29
Originally posted by Spook:

you'll get to smoosh Elliot's cheeks.
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2010-10-19, 1:29 PM #30
Originally posted by Steven:
It's no joke. Brian carries a gun around, but it's not allowed in CA.

Sorry Brian, but I work M-Th, 9-5, and it's raining. Not really up for a 90 minute drive to Santa Monica (it sucks).

I actually don't usually carry; I have a full size 1911 and it's too big. Some day I will get one that's easy to carry.

No worries. And... you call this rain!? It's like... a few drops. I went for a 20 minute walk just now and barely got wet.
2010-10-19, 1:39 PM #31
It's raining pretty good over here, but I agree, it's not bad. The drivers around here aren't used to it, though, and our freeways are almost always at capacity, so any little thing causes terrible traffic.
2010-10-19, 1:54 PM #32
When I was in LA a few years ago it rained for about 2 hours, and it seemed like people were losing their minds over it.
>>untie shoes
2010-10-19, 2:00 PM #33
Yeah, it's terrible. A tiny bit of water and everyone gets in a panic. To be fair, though, our freeways are almost always maximized (full yet moving) so any small delay causes abundant traffic, which is something to be concerned about.

Oh well, we have only 30 rainy days per year, I can live with it.
2010-10-19, 2:09 PM #34
rain causes delay and traffic?

I would love to see these people try to drive in the snow, oh would be so funny
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2010-10-19, 2:11 PM #35
Do none of you "California-ins" miss or care about snow?
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2010-10-19, 2:22 PM #36
Originally posted by zanardi:

Aren't you from Columbus? People in Columbus lose their god damned minds when it snows. Everyone is terrified to drive anywhere, and when they do drive they go about 4mph.
>>untie shoes
2010-10-19, 2:28 PM #37
Three reasons rain causes delays:
1) Some people are hurr and drive too fast then slide instead of stopping, causing accidents.
2) Some people are hurr and drive 35mph because OMG IT'S WET
3) Since it rains rarely, drains get full of trash, so when water actually starts flowing, the drains are clogged causing mini-floods on roads and highways.

I've only actually seen snow falling once in my life. We make special trips to go see and play in snow. It's like a field trip.

Californians are called "Children of the Sun" with good reason.
2010-10-19, 2:28 PM #38
Columbus's highway system is also designed by monkeys, so perhaps that's why.
2010-10-19, 3:04 PM #39
Originally posted by Antony:
Aren't you from Columbus? People in Columbus lose their god damned minds when it snows. Everyone is terrified to drive anywhere, and when they do drive they go about 4mph.

Got me there
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2010-10-19, 7:27 PM #40
Originally posted by zanardi:

You would just see utter calamity.

A cat. 1 hurricane would devastate San Diego, completely.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.

↑ Up to the top!