Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → It's raining hair...
It's raining hair...
2010-10-25, 1:08 AM #1
So, my hair has been, not thinning or receding (AFAIK), but actually coming off for the last couple of months. These days if I so much as swipe my hair with my hand, some hairs will fall off with every swipe. My hair also feels weaker than ever, though it's never been strong or thick anyway. I haven't overprocessed my hair (AFAIK), I'm not sick (AFAIK) and I'm not on any medication (AFAIK), so the culprit is probably my genetics. Damn you, genes, you've never served me well!

I don't have that SiliconC/Detty bone structure so I'll probably look silly as opposed to badass or whatever. My extent of caring about my appearance these days doesn't really go beyond making sure to shave and that I'm not dirty or smelly, but I'm sure it'll take a brief while for me and the people I associate with getting used to the new Krokodile who only has a head on his head, especially when people already whine that I lack my curls whenever my hair is short. Even though no one calls me Krokodile outside the internet.

By the way, if you don't care about my hair(less) adventures, that's okay. I'm not gonna ask you not to post that you don't care and just go do something you do care about instead. This paragraph is for those people here who like to tell me that they don't care, and I just want to say that it's alright. You have the right not to care, and you have the right to tell me how little you care. I can tell you that I don't care that you don't care, but at the same time I obviously do care that you don't care, because why else would I care to write this paragraph?

Previewing my post I notice that there's not really much of a point to this thread, in fact it reminds me of Sarn's bloggy posts. I mean no offence, Sarn, but this thread, like your threads of life on the seas, aren't really optimally designed for actual discussion. They're monological, with little incentive for dialog. Take your story of discovering seashells, for instance. What are we gonna discuss? "Hey I found a seashell once, too. It was at a beach and there were a lot of bikini-clad ladies enjoying the day. Wow, aren't seashells great?!" "I am a professional seashell analyst. Judging by your account of the events, the seashells in question suffered severe trauma from being lodged under your feet when you discovered them, due to the amount of pressure applied to their exterior. You are a bad person." It's the same with this thread. We all have hair, except some of us don't, and some of us used to have hair while some of us do not yet have hair but most likely will...there's not a whole lot there to discuss when I'm just talking about mundane things that happened to me unless I'm looking for advice or I'm looking for similar stories or something, though. All of that said, I don't mind those threads...in fact if I did, that would be pretty hypocritical!
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2010-10-25, 1:28 AM #2
I like how you managed to put 3 (Maybe 4?) posts in there, and a rant. Excellent use of space.
2010-10-25, 1:45 AM #3
My hair started falling out when I was 17. I got over it. You will too.
2010-10-25, 1:51 AM #4
I can donate you some asshair for your head.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2010-10-25, 4:33 AM #5
Easy solution : Stop shaving your face. Men have beards.
2010-10-25, 4:56 AM #6
He never mentioned his face!
nope.
2010-10-25, 12:57 PM #7
start wearing a beanie. they are quite fashionable!
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2010-10-25, 1:42 PM #8
Kroko: I'm not bald but I think it's inevitable that I will be. The solution, I feel, is to cultivate a good Patrick Stewart personality. Remember, it as much about how you carry yourself as it is how you look. Here is a photograph for reference. Make it so!
Attachment: 24432/08picard.jpg (142,184 bytes)
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2010-10-25, 2:43 PM #9
My best friend's hairline started receding very early. At some point he just shaved it all off, and it looks great on him.

Might be an option. It doesn't work with every head though. If I'd shave myself bald I'd look more criminal than Niko Bellic.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2010-10-25, 3:04 PM #10
With no hair I look like a cancer patient.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2010-10-25, 3:12 PM #11
Grow a beard. I'd call you a pussy for not having one, but even pussies have beards.
2010-10-25, 3:46 PM #12
I'm surprised no one has posted the infamous kroko picture with photoshopped baldness.
2010-10-25, 8:34 PM #13
I started going bald when I was about 18. I shaved my head and grew a beard. I've had plenty of lady friends who didn't mind at all (including current girlfriend) so its definitely not the end of the world.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2010-10-25, 9:18 PM #14
kroko would much rather it was raining men
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2010-10-25, 9:38 PM #15
Thanks for posting exactly what I was going to post, MacFarlane.
>>untie shoes
2010-10-25, 10:21 PM #16
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2010-10-26, 5:50 AM #17
Originally posted by Martyn:
My hair started falling out when I was 17. I got over it. You will too.

same. I used to have very thick hair.. Now it's thinning in most places, and I'm sure as time continues to progress, I'll be bald.

Now, Krok, on the bright side, you probably have more time than you think. My hair thinned out in phases. The first thinning occurred over a few months time and it was just like you described. I could run my hands through my hair and several strands would come out, just like that. I was a bit worried cause I thought that at that rate, I'd be bald in like 6 months. But then after about 3 months the thinning slowed, and while my hair has continued to thin over the last several years, it is not thinning nearly fast enough to be noticeable.

Also, I share whatever damn fool thing is on my mind. If you all don't care to read it, you don't have to. :P
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2010-10-26, 9:45 AM #18
And I love seashells, I love seashell things. I love things with seashells and seahorses on 'em like blankets and towels and little bags. I love 'em. Seahorses forever.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2010-10-26, 4:08 PM #19
Lighthouses rule.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2010-10-28, 10:17 AM #20
i am 26, and after 5 years of long beautiful girly/gay hair, i have lost 50% of it in the past 12 months, mainly in the middle of my crown, and at the sides, and some around my ears.
I was told it should grow back, but even without severe psoriasis, it continues to fall out in small pony tails of oil-strands, even when my hair is short.

No more long hair, its getting noticeable, and i'm gonna turn into my dad within the year, and god he's an ugly *******.

Hair loss is a heartache for those with vanity and a fragile ego. For others its no biggy.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2010-10-28, 10:10 PM #21
Happens to the best of us... and the worst, you'll be alright.

Grow a beard... Grow a badass beard.:)

[http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f293/bandmerchandise/Most-Interesting-Looking-Rock-Musicians/Kerry-King-of-Slayer.jpg]
666, The Number of the Beast.
664, The Bloke Next Door.
Matt Bonner, The Lebron Killer

↑ Up to the top!