Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Batman: Under The Red Hood
Batman: Under The Red Hood
2010-10-27, 4:09 AM #1
Bruce Timm needs to make more gritty cartoons like this one.

This was one of my favorite batman stories.

Has anyone else seen it.
2010-10-27, 5:29 AM #2
Yup, it was pretty good.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2010-10-27, 5:49 AM #3
I love the TAS series, so I love Bruce Timm's work. I will have to check it out for sure
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2010-10-27, 8:16 AM #4
Is this about Red Batman?
:master::master::master:
2010-10-27, 5:28 PM #5
It's on Netflix streaming; I'll check it out.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2010-10-27, 6:49 PM #6
Hey, NPH does the voice of nightwing!
>>untie shoes
2010-10-27, 6:57 PM #7
But don't hold that against the show, it's still worth watching.

I've noticed that DC animated movies tend to be better than Marvel although Superman shows tend to be the exception. Discuss.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-10-27, 10:28 PM #8
I just watched it the other night on streaming as well and felt the same way. They nail Bruce, too. Nightwing's unanswered plea about getting into the batmobile was funny.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2010-10-27, 11:04 PM #9
Yeah, it was pretty rad. All of DC's recent animated movies have been great. The Wonder Woman movie was awesme.

Jensen Ackles and NPH was like auditory romance. But no Mark Hamill. Sad face.
2010-10-27, 11:20 PM #10
Mark Hamill is done with the Joker. He said the new Arkham game is his last hurrah as the character. Anyway, I have Under The Red Hood on Blu-Ray. Its excellent. I watched Planet Hulk the other day and thought it was quite good. I hope the do World War Hulk. Has anyone seen Superman/Batman: Public Enemies and Apocolypse?
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2010-10-28, 6:01 AM #11
Originally posted by Outlaw Torn:
Mark Hamill is done with the Joker. He said the new Arkham game is his last hurrah as the character. Anyway, I have Under The Red Hood on Blu-Ray. Its excellent. I watched Planet Hulk the other day and thought it was quite good. I hope the do World War Hulk. Has anyone seen Superman/Batman: Public Enemies and Apocolypse?

My friend told me about this, and then he said he did something else shortly after as the Joker.. so who knows maybe, maybe not
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2010-10-28, 7:43 AM #12
I add all comic/hero related stuff I see to our instant queue for my son. He loves batman. This one was a bit more graphic than what he is used to. The parts of it I saw were cool, it was fun watching the Joker beat the hell out of Robin.
2010-10-28, 9:15 AM #13
I saw it last night and liked it a lot. Though I kept thinking the Red Hood was Deadpool, and the black mask was a lot like Redskull.

I guess that's the problem when you have two companies who have existed for a long time and produce new characters constantly to keep their stories interesting.
My blawgh.
2010-10-28, 5:26 PM #14
I like the "insane" iteration of the Joker, rather than Jack Nicholson's "bad guy with a dark sense of humor" kind of Joker. I'm able to actually take him seriously as a bad guy.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2010-10-28, 5:54 PM #15
Just got finished watching it. Really very good, I'm glad this was posted otherwise I'd probably never have heard of it.
2010-10-28, 5:58 PM #16
Originally posted by Outlaw Torn:
I watched Planet Hulk the other day and thought it was quite good. I hope the do World War Hulk. Has anyone seen Superman/Batman: Public Enemies and Apocolypse?

Marvel has been shakier than DC on the animated movies I feel. I thought the Avenger and Iron Man related films were fairly dumb. Although the DC New Frontiers one was not great either. They also seem to have a problem with Superman related films. If I remember correctly Public Enemies had some really over the top innuendo and Apocalypse was fairly mediocre. Doomsday also comes to mind as being sub-par.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

↑ Up to the top!