Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Brownouts, now my internet is screwy
Brownouts, now my internet is screwy
2010-10-28, 8:50 PM #1
Had some brownouts this morning thanks to PG&E causing an underground explosion downtown knocking out half the city. Power flashed on and off a few times then went out for good for a few hours. When it came back on, my desktop PC couldn't connect to the internet. It has a hard line to the router. Both my laptops have no trouble connecting wirelessly.

I pulled the LAN cable and plugged it back in. Now some things work and some things don't. I can connect to Digsby and other chat clients and talk to people without issue. I can go to google.com and search and I get results. ANY OTHER web site I try to go to will not load. It's the same in all browsers. I cannot connect to TeamSpeak. Any ideas?

My computer was OFF when the power first started flickering. It's on a power strip that's supposed to have some internal protector but not one of those huge surge protectors.
2010-10-28, 9:16 PM #2
Gave it a reboot yet? Sounds like a DNS issue.
2010-10-28, 9:47 PM #3
Yeah....a few times.
2010-10-28, 11:26 PM #4
****. Rebooted router, still nothing. Google loads and I can get search results. A couple other sites I try start to work....maybe 5% of web sites will load about 50% then quit. The other 95% of web sites I can "page not found". Can get to all of these sites with the laptop just fine.

↑ Up to the top!