Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Any Redditors? Gathering help to launch a video
Any Redditors? Gathering help to launch a video
2010-11-01, 4:25 PM #1
My friend has started a comedy Youtube channel called Laughpong (youtube.com/laughpong). So far he's just released a bunch of XBox Kinect spoofs. We've done a few soft launches but one hard one so far. The hard launch was for his Halo Reach XBox Kinect spoof video. We hit 20,000 views the first day, and it's at 175,000 right now (about 3 weeks after launch). It was featured on a ton of major sources, include G4TV, Kotaku, and Geekologie.

Reddit was a huge part of the Halo Reach video. We ended up with 55 upvotes (131 up/81 down), but that drove close to 5,000 of the views for the first day (and undoubtedly was the reason it was featured on all the other sites who wanted to "get the scoop" on it).

We're organizing the Reddit launch for his newest video, "A Gross Misuse of Inception." (Also, I was in it!) We both happen work in Social Media and have an interest in SEO, so we're developing a plan for the launch (rather than just post and pray).

CALL TO ACTION, SKIP TO HERE
If you're a redditor and would like to help out with an upvote, please post here. The video/reddit thread is going up at 10am ET/7am PT. We're trying to get as many votes as we can RIGHT when it launches, but also will need votes throughout the day (so if you forget/can't/whatever when the video posts, upvoting later in the day is fine too).

So yeah! Post your reddit username here so I can update my list and plan, and then I'll post a link to the reddit post on this thread when it's live on Wednesday.

Thanks!
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2010-11-01, 4:45 PM #2
shnoobles on reddit!
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.

↑ Up to the top!