Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Goldeneye Wii
Goldeneye Wii
2010-11-04, 7:54 PM #1
So on Tuesday Activision/Eurocom released their "reboot" of the classic Goldeneye from the N64. Has anyone else picked this game up, or rented it?

I was a huge fan of the original N64 game and the movie, so this was a must purchase for me. So far, four levels in I am not in the least bit dissapointed. I love the new level designs; since the levels were reworked completely it feels great to play through again. The same basic story is there, just updated a bit to match the current times. There's plenty of reference to the original game and movie, so you know it's supposed to be Goldeneye, despite the many changes.

Control options are abundant: Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro, GameCube controller, Wii Zapper, and Wii Remote + Nunchuck are the options. there are various button layouts that you can choose from (but specific remapping is not an option), and they give you tons of customizable options for the Wii Remote + nunchuck control style. Once I found the settings that I like I've really grown to prefer this style.

There are framerate issues from time to time when things get action-packed, but I've found that easy to ignore so far. Despite this, though, I think the game looks great considering it's on the Wii.

Online multiplayer is a ton of fun, and I like that you don't have to have a friend code of the other players too. Deathmatch, team deathmatch, golden gun are all there, plus several new modes I haven't played yet. Haven't played the offline multiplayer yet.

All in all, I give it a 9/10 so far. But that's my opinion. Any one else play it?
2010-11-04, 8:02 PM #2
Haven't played it, but being a huge fan of the music from the Bond series I was quite keen to hear the new version of the theme song with Nicole Scherzinger, it wasn't bad. :P

Pity I don't own a wii. [But I'm actually quite tempted to buy Blood Stone seeing as most of the reviews aren't bad besides IGN.]
nope.
2010-11-04, 8:09 PM #3
Quote:
There are framerate issues from time to time when things get action-packed

Sounds like it's true to the original!
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2010-11-04, 8:10 PM #4
Does it also have unfinished data files for people to sperg over for years?
2010-11-04, 8:12 PM #5
Does it have a multiplayer skin that has Steve Buscemi's face?
>>untie shoes
2010-11-05, 5:28 AM #6
I dont like how they changed the storyline...
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2010-11-05, 6:07 PM #7
There have been some pretty significant changes to the story, for sure, but i still find the game to be a ton of fun.

Definitely need to play online more still.
2010-11-07, 2:59 PM #8
Goldeneye was my life when I was 8. I'd beat the game and then play the faculty and that train level on 007 difficulty. That Aztec level was bull**** though. I also had alot of people try and say that there was a code for a jet pack in the game. To this day, I have never seen it. The only real nifty thing I remember, as far as cheats was, if you put on ghost walls with a gameshark, you could pass through the regular boundaries of some multi player levels. Damn that game was the ****.

Too bad I don't own a Wii... I think it would be worth it for Mario Galaxies and Zelda alone, not to mention the few cool third party games.

IM a huge fan of the bond movies in general, they are pretty cheesy and totally unbelievable, but hay its James bond. (best bond was easily sean connery)
I love at the beginning of goldfinger where out ever so suave Mr. Bond always has some poon, and upon his contact or superior or whatever arrives at the pool to meet him, bond slaps the young vixen on the ass and essentially says, "Move out ***** this be man talk." to shoo her away LMFAO
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2010-11-08, 5:59 PM #9
GameShark codes made the original incredible. I loved using the No Clipping codes to get to the distant "island" in the Dam level. If you have no idea what i'm talking about, Google it... OR turn on your N64 (or an emulator thereof) and grab the sniper rifle, run to the final stretch of the dam (towards the middle) and look down the scope with maximum zoom to the side of the dam opposite of the side you jump from.

Allegedly that was suppose to be part of the Dam level, but the path to the are was cut out.

I also loved clipping past the locked door at the end of the Facility in MP, or playing the "hidden" MP levels.

Ahhhh the memories :)
2010-11-08, 8:41 PM #10
too bad it is no longer cartridge based, as we can no longer do the cartridge tilt glitch to make this happen

Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2010-11-09, 6:36 AM #11
Originally posted by Darth_Xasthur:
Goldeneye was my life when I was 8. I'd beat the game and then play the faculty and that train level on 007 difficulty. That Aztec level was bull**** though. I also had alot of people try and say that there was a code for a jet pack in the game. To this day, I have never seen it. The only real nifty thing I remember, as far as cheats was, if you put on ghost walls with a gameshark, you could pass through the regular boundaries of some multi player levels. Damn that game was the ****.

Too bad I don't own a Wii... I think it would be worth it for Mario Galaxies and Zelda alone, not to mention the few cool third party games.

IM a huge fan of the bond movies in general, they are pretty cheesy and totally unbelievable, but hay its James bond. (best bond was easily sean connery)
I love at the beginning of goldfinger where out ever so suave Mr. Bond always has some poon, and upon his contact or superior or whatever arrives at the pool to meet him, bond slaps the young vixen on the ass and essentially says, "Move out ***** this be man talk." to shoo her away LMFAO

the opening of goldeneye makes absolutly no sense at all

he bungie jumps down a dam into the facility and then goes out the back which is on a huge cliff??????
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2

↑ Up to the top!