Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Do you/have you ever/would you tape over your integrated laptop webcam?
Do you/have you ever/would you tape over your integrated laptop webcam?
2010-11-06, 10:16 AM #1
:tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:
2010-11-06, 10:21 AM #2
If I had one I probably would because I am paranoid like that.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2010-11-06, 12:57 PM #3
Never occurred to me.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2010-11-06, 2:06 PM #4
Nope and I surf the web completely nude; I figure if anyone hacks in and takes a peek, they'll gouge their eyes out and never do it again, so I'm basically performing a public service.
Stuff
2010-11-06, 3:00 PM #5
I don't understand why people consider it paranoid when the stuff has actually happened.
2010-11-06, 3:07 PM #6
Source?
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-11-06, 3:32 PM #7
lol
2010-11-06, 3:38 PM #8
I'm not on my laptop most of the time, typically I'm using it as a transfer device since I'm not hanging out at hotspots most of the time.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2010-11-06, 5:36 PM #9
Originally posted by Emon:
Source?

There was the school-issued laptop thingy[1], but on my personal laptop, I'm not worried about it, and, on my work laptop, I never have the thing turned on when I'm doing anything I wouldn't want my work to see.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_laptops_spying_on_students
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2010-11-06, 5:57 PM #10
Originally posted by Wolfy:
There was the school-issued laptop thingy[1], but on my personal laptop, I'm not worried about it, and, on my work laptop, I never have the thing turned on when I'm doing anything I wouldn't want my work to see.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_laptops_spying_on_students

Holy ****. This may change my mind on the issue.

PLEASE SOMEBODY! HACK INTO MY PC AND PHOTOGRAPH ME.
2010-11-06, 6:13 PM #11
Yep, that was the one I was referring to.
2010-11-06, 7:02 PM #12
Who didn't know about that? Oh, Emon.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-11-06, 7:09 PM #13
No, I knew about it, but it's not the same thing. That was a school issued laptop with the school's choice of software. No one's about to hack into your private laptop and start taking pictures. Besides don't most webcams blink or something when they're active? Mine has a little light that comes on.
2010-11-06, 7:19 PM #14
Good, only 30% of Massassians are chronic masturbators.
2010-11-06, 7:38 PM #15
Originally posted by Emon:
No one's about to hack into your private laptop and start taking pictures.

Don't be so sure. :P
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2010-11-06, 8:14 PM #16
I don't think anyone cares enough to do so.
2010-11-06, 10:15 PM #17
Originally posted by Jon`C:

No its gotta be much, much higher.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2010-11-06, 11:44 PM #18
1) My webcam has a blue light that activates whenever it's on.

2) Why would I give a **** if someone saw my squinty eyes trying to look at my laptop screen with blank expression?
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2010-11-07, 6:04 AM #19
Yes, people have never accidently seen your genitals on stickam.
nope.
2010-11-07, 6:23 AM #20

Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
No its gotta be much, much higher.

It is much higher, some guys like to be watched.
2010-11-07, 7:22 AM #21
Originally posted by Couchman:
It is much higher, some guys like to be watched.

Yeah, I was going to say that the other ~70% are chronic masturbators and exhibitionists.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-11-07, 7:23 AM #22
I know I do:p
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2010-11-07, 8:10 AM #23
Originally posted by Wolfy:

I assume you're kidding but: it was the guy's own laptop that was stolen and had software that HE installed on it.
2010-11-07, 9:37 AM #24
During a fling the girl had her laptop open for some cover music so her roommate couldn't hear us, though she left skyp on and though we were sure the camera was off it made us very paranoid when her mother logged on.

I can think of a few other times I've detached a webcam or turned it away from my face so no one knows who's using the computer. I have some issues.
My blawgh.
2010-11-07, 10:58 AM #25
I'd never buy a laptop that had an integrated webcam. I can't imagine why anybody would. It's pretty much the most useless computer peripheral after a CueCat.
2010-11-07, 1:00 PM #26
I'd never buy a laptop that had an integrated webcam. I can't imagine why anybody would. It's pretty much the most useless computer peripheral after a CueCat.

I couldn't find any netbooks without one at the time I bought one. Other than that, it annoys me that a laptop would come with the annoying software they need to run.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2010-11-07, 1:15 PM #27

I bought one: MacBook Pro, so no choice in the matter. I've used it a couple of times to show my international friends Freddie over Skype. Don't see what's so unthinkable about that.
2010-11-07, 1:18 PM #28

Good luck finding one without one.
[http://i.imgur.com/bPFHs.jpg]
2010-11-07, 1:22 PM #29
Originally posted by Tibby:
Good luck finding one without one.
[http://i.imgur.com/bPFHs.jpg]

wtf is wrongw ith you
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2010-11-07, 2:31 PM #30
Morgan Freeman?
2010-11-07, 2:41 PM #31

This is why I don't cover it up. :colbert:
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ

↑ Up to the top!