Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Want to always win at Rock, Paper, Scissors?
Want to always win at Rock, Paper, Scissors?
2010-11-06, 11:34 PM #1
apparently there's a strategy.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2010-11-06, 11:40 PM #2
Only morons would think there's a way to win a 1/3 game.
>>untie shoes
2010-11-06, 11:42 PM #3
guess it just comes down to playing statistics.

Though I happen to think that I'm BAD A at prs. One time My boss at work told me to PRS my best friend over who got to take their break first. We hit the same symbol like 6 times in a row before he gave up and sent me on break at random.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2010-11-06, 11:50 PM #4
at first i thought it was some silly boring text based strategy thing but then i saw it was made out of pictures and i was interested in it
DO NOT WANT.
2010-11-07, 12:02 AM #5
Originally posted by Antony:
Er... I don't know how to tell you this, but....
2010-11-07, 12:04 AM #6
Kif, we have a conundrum.
2010-11-07, 12:08 AM #7
Game theory suggests that 1/3 rock, 1/3 paper and 1/3 scissors is a Nash equilibrium strategy for both players. But anybody who actually plays that strategy will always lose against someone playing, say, rock 100% of the time.

RPS is a pretty interesting game for AI research because the challenge is in identifying players with weaknesses. The same human skills or AI techniques that allow success in RPS can be applied for success in almost any imperfect information game.
2010-11-07, 1:13 AM #8
Originally posted by Antony:

If you'd read the link, you would have learned that paper is used less than 1/3 of the time and the other two more than 1/3.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2010-11-07, 5:13 AM #9
Quote:
Want to always win at Rock, Paper, Scissors?

No.
:master::master::master:

↑ Up to the top!