Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → TACC IS DEAD - Long Live TACC (Domain expired, will live on)
TACC IS DEAD - Long Live TACC (Domain expired, will live on)
2010-11-07, 12:52 AM #1
Couldn't figure out a better title.

The Admiral's Command Chamber has been down for several weeks. CM sent Ryan an email about renewing the domain but so far there hasn't been a response!

Henceforth I've come forward to announce the death of TACC. /_\

(Unless Ryan returns and renews the domain but I haven't seen that guy around since 2007)

(Yet all the files are backed up on CMs archives)

It was a great site. Mostly because it only had SP levels and it also had a great bunch of SP levels that weren't available on Massassi (Mission to Dante Four and the Yug'rin and Zak series come to mind first), yet it still missed a lot of levels from JKOutpost that I've never seen surface anywhere else.

I actually discovered TACC first in 2001 and I got Boam:SE off that site. Then I realized I wanted to make some levels and got here. Ah, history!

So, post your favorite TACC memories and/or whatever related.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2010-11-07, 12:56 AM #2
Thankfully I have it all backed up on a portable.
E: The levels, I mean.
2010-11-07, 1:05 AM #3
I really liked the reviews they did there for a while.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2010-11-07, 5:40 AM #4
If I don't get a response next week, I'll move it to a subdomain of Massassi.
2010-11-07, 7:19 AM #5
TACC NEVER. READ THE TOPIC.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2010-11-07, 10:51 AM #6
CookedHaggis! burrie! (the latter, whom I saw on these forums not too long ago o_O)
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2010-11-07, 1:02 PM #7
I'm glad you are the admin CM, any other guy would have just let this all die by now.
2010-11-07, 2:23 PM #8
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
If I don't get a response next week, I'll move it to a subdomain of Massassi.

Now if only we could resurrect outpost d-34...
2010-11-07, 2:48 PM #9
Ok can we get those files uploaded somewhere, I can upload them to jkdf2.net if not

Because I went there from time to time to try out MotS SP levels
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2010-11-07, 4:07 PM #10
<3 TACC!!!
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2010-11-07, 4:08 PM #11
Dies this archive include Siege on Vol Kanst?
2010-11-07, 4:11 PM #12
Originally posted by Andrew L:
Ok can we get those files uploaded somewhere, I can upload them to jkdf2.net if not

Because I went there from time to time to try out MotS SP levels

Okay, seriously, as I said on the other thread, I will never, ever give anything to jkdf2.net

Originally posted by JM:
Dies this archive include Siege on Vol Kanst?

If it's on TACC I have it. Period. It's not even an archive, the site is still alive on the server, it's simply the domain name that is gone. Ryan apparently let it expire.
2010-11-07, 4:42 PM #13
Men have killed other men for less than letting the TACC domain expire.
? :)
2010-11-07, 5:02 PM #14
LotJ vs. Wookie06 was always pretty epic.

I started posting at TACC after I discovered Anthony Piggot's MotS levels. TACC was my first experience being a long term contributing member of a forum. I used to debate frequently there in the manner many here criticize me for not doing here (ie actually explaining my views and backing up my opinions). That's where I got tired of it because it seemed so pointless. No matter how much you explain and argue your position to view people ever seem to budge.

I was such a smaller membership that we all seemed to know each other quite well. Many of us on a first name basis and chatted on IM quite a bit. Haggis was Niall, Matthew was, well, Matthew, LotJ was Isaac, etc.

Once somebody created a "Universal Man" account with a public password. Some didn't catch on to that. I used it once with one window in Firefox logged into that account and an IE one logged in to mine. I then had Universal Man attacking me, with my responses in the other program so we both appeared online at the same time. People that didn't know what was going on were jumping to my defense until a moderator posted that we were the same person.

I remember when Kirby showed up doing his third person thing. People were attacking him for it and I told them to lay off him.

Due to the epicness of LotJ vs. Wookie06 (LotJ had serious anger management issues at the time) we were both banned. It's around that time I started posting at Massassi rather than lurking due to the cross membership. Ryan reversed the ban just prior to my shipping out to Iraq the first time. We were cordial during the ban. It was never due to my breaking any rules it was due to the negative environment the conflict created. I could understand the maneuver. LotJ and I actually talked a few times on the phone after that. That's the main reason I always contend that people you "hate" online you can often get along with quite fine in person. That's what I've tried to get through to Emon, actually.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-11-07, 5:07 PM #15
Interestingly, commandchamber dot com is available to register.
2010-11-07, 6:29 PM #16
Okay, seriously, as I said on the other thread, I will never, ever give anything to jkdf2.net

If it's on TACC I have it. Period. It's not even an archive, the site is still alive on the server, it's simply the domain name that is gone. Ryan apparently let it expire.

You did? I honestly did not see that.... I don't understand why, it is not like we are at war... are we?

I offer because I don't want to see stuff disappear for good.
2010-11-07, 6:44 PM #17
I want to see jkdf2.net disappear for good.
2010-11-07, 8:41 PM #18
Originally posted by Andrew L:
You did? I honestly did not see that.... I don't understand why, it is not like we are at war... are we?

I offer because I don't want to see stuff disappear for good.

Because it's ran by ReT who is a known 12 year old script kiddie who "hacked" Massassi in the past and is generally an all-around moron. Even if he wasn't a jackass, I still wouldn't give it to him, because I couldn't even trust him to maintain it. It'd probably fall to pieces or get lost during a cease and desist order from copyright violations.
2010-11-08, 2:55 AM #19
If Brian or CM are able to register the domain, I'm willing to paypal through the money ahead to cover it for a couple of years. I know it's not much different to sitting on a subdomain, but it'd be a shame to have it turn into one of those mindless ad sites.

I was asking zul in irc a while ago what might have happened to od-34, but he said it was unlikely Ramen had it backed up.
2010-11-08, 3:02 AM #20
Originally posted by Jon`C:
I want to see jkdf2.net disappear for good.

I just checked that site out, and it's ran by guys from that retarded hacker clan that ruined oh so many games on the zone. Durr look at me I can code and a basic level, LOOK ME GOD DAMNIT. ~Fadehack~
2010-11-08, 8:47 AM #21
The original is commandchamber.net, and it's unlikely anyone but a spammer will get ahold of it if it's expired.
2010-11-08, 8:50 AM #22
I had fun on their ISB, though I missed out on most of their glory days involving ANS and the Toaster saga.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2010-11-08, 9:51 AM #23
Because it's ran by ReT who is a known 12 year old script kiddie who "hacked" Massassi in the past and is generally an all-around moron. Even if he wasn't a jackass, I still wouldn't give it to him, because I couldn't even trust him to maintain it. It'd probably fall to pieces or get lost during a cease and desist order from copyright violations.

Well, I am not ReT, and he did make me an admin there since he is "too busy"...

I just figured I would offer a helping hand, I don't want to create a war or anything I had no idea there were still issues between him and massassi. Hope there are no hard feelings between us CM
2010-11-08, 9:55 AM #24
There's no war, really. He couldn't do anything serious if his life depended on it anyway. It's simply not worth it to hand it over to him, when there's plenty of far more qualified people here who could take over, would the situation ever arise (and it's not currently).
2010-11-08, 2:39 PM #25
Originally posted by GHORG:
I was asking zul in irc a while ago what might have happened to od-34, but he said it was unlikely Ramen had it backed up.

I recall ramen saying (this was like 5 years ago now) that he thought he had a backup of it somewhere on CD, but that he couldn't be bothered to look for it. Or maybe he did look for it, and couldn't find it.

↑ Up to the top!