Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → First person to do this gets a cookie
First person to do this gets a cookie
2010-11-15, 9:53 PM #1
I'm looking for the "get item" or "found item" whatever.. sound effect from anachronox. I've searched the game files extensively and can't seem to find where the sound effects are stored. I have a hunch its in the sound.dat file but obviously I can't exactly open it.

If anyone can get that sound for me I will give you a cookie. Possibly 1 internetz as well.
2010-11-15, 10:08 PM #2
1) open game
2) disable any music/ambient sound
3) set audio program to record sound card output
4) "get" an "item"
5) ???
6) profit
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2010-11-15, 10:54 PM #3
Didn't anachronox run on a quake engine variant? There must be plenty of kits to help you with that.
2010-11-16, 1:11 AM #4
Yes, it did. But then again, so did Half-Life. :)
幻術
2010-11-16, 1:14 AM #5
What.. what do you mean by that?
2010-11-16, 5:01 AM #6
First see if that .dat is really a zip. If it's not, try some quake container opener things.
2010-11-16, 6:46 AM #7
Game stopped running on windows 7 for some reason. It gives me an error now. I miss it terribly. :(

Ill try the container method, winrar said "wtf is this I don't even".
2010-11-16, 9:07 AM #8
Originally posted by Tibby:
What.. what do you mean by that?

Anachronox was built using a modded Quake 2 engine. Half-Life used a mega-modded Quake engine derivative called GoldSrc (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoldSrc).
幻術
2010-11-16, 9:35 AM #9
Originally posted by Koobie:
Anachronox was built using a modded Quake 2 engine. Half-Life used a mega-modded Quake engine derivative called GoldSrc (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoldSrc).

At first I thought you were joking about the name of that last engine.

↑ Up to the top!