Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Star Trek Chatroullette
Star Trek Chatroullette
2010-11-22, 8:50 AM #1
Filmed this a few weekends ago... BOOBSHIELD ACTIVATE!

We filmed this one for the Artemis Bridge Simulator at the same time

If you're on reddit - plz upboats!

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/ea00y/to_boldly_go_where_no_man_has_gone_before_the/

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/ea04r/i_captained_a_ship_sought_out_new_life_and_new/
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2010-11-22, 9:03 AM #2
The chatroulette one is hysterical.

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2010-11-22, 9:03 AM #3
gosh these are awkward

no one responded well on chatroullete :/
2010-11-22, 9:48 AM #4
I'm looking forward to watching these when I get home
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2010-11-22, 9:59 AM #5
chatroulette was great :D

also your captain and science offer need more buzzwords at about 1:50, throw some hyper quantum inversed singularity in there.....and yes I just made that up now and it's a really bad example but you get the idea :P
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2010-11-22, 10:06 AM #6
Make sure to thumb it up if you like it (click the video to view the actual youtube page), folks. It'll help them with ranking. :P
2010-11-22, 11:55 AM #7
Nice. :)
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2010-11-22, 4:58 PM #8
nerds.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2010-11-22, 6:10 PM #9
hilarious
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2010-11-22, 7:11 PM #10
lol
I just figured out what the word chatroulette was/meant.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2010-11-22, 7:41 PM #11
Hilarious and original idea, boring execution. Was there that many ****ty responses, because I don't know if I would've edited it together the way you guys did if I had enough footage. Maybe try it again for a longer period of time, and try to solve the pre-recorded problem? I think this has a lot more potential.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2010-11-22, 7:58 PM #12
Since you have the setup, you guys should make it a sort of series, visiting various parts of the net and commenting on it, Star Trek style. Have them encounter YouTube, and 4chan, and other things awesome and terrible.
2010-11-22, 9:37 PM #13
That music sounds so familiar.. What is it from? Nice vids btw. :)
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2010-11-22, 11:36 PM #14
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
That music sounds so familiar.. What is it from? Nice vids btw. :)

Trailer for the latest Star Trek movie. :)
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2010-11-22, 11:37 PM #15
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Hilarious and original idea, boring execution. Was there that many ****ty responses, because I don't know if I would've edited it together the way you guys did if I had enough footage. Maybe try it again for a longer period of time, and try to solve the pre-recorded problem? I think this has a lot more potential.

Honestly, we came up with the Chat Roulette idea near the end of the Artemis shoot. Most people took a break while a few of us spent an hour trying to figure out a solution to get it to record. We ended up recording about 1.5 hours of footage from Chat Roulette, but half of it got lost in a corrupt file. Then it was late and everyone had to go, and we had to break down the set and return it to how we found it (the set was a room from my office).

We definitely wanted more footage with better reactions, but it just wasn't really feasible.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2010-11-23, 9:30 AM #16
It was really fun, but I cant understand why people next you so fast. If I were them and if I could have the chance to see you on live, I would have been one of the happiest people in the world.
But chatroulette is kinda similar to russian roulette, its deadly lol =)
2010-11-23, 9:40 AM #17
How does it feel to be employed as an internet nuisance?
nope.
2010-11-23, 9:54 AM #18
I thought the reactions were great, especially the ones where the bridge crew is flailing around like they're being destroyed and the other guy is just sitting there with a blank face.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2010-11-23, 12:31 PM #19
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Since you have the setup, you guys should make it a sort of series, visiting various parts of the net and commenting on it, Star Trek style. Have them encounter YouTube, and 4chan, and other things awesome and terrible.

"Sir it appears to be something... something awful"
YEAAAAAAAAAH
2010-11-25, 11:49 AM #20
Augh. So the first guy in the video filed a privacy complaint and we have to take the video down.

That sucks. We tried to reason with him but he "Doesn't want anyone to know he was on Chat Roulette."
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2010-11-25, 11:56 AM #21
Wait what the ****. I guess it could be considered "private" communications, but you are randomly meeting people, so isn't that more like a broadcast?

I wouldn't take it down til he had his lawyer call me. What a ****ing whiner. If he didn't want anyone to know he was using chatroulette, he should get a hold of the 10 people he was jerking it to and get them to legally forget about their meeting.

Haha, tell me his username so I can go comment on his youtube page "Hey, it was cool meeting you on Chatroulette the other day." and see if he tries to sue me. Obviously I'm kidding but come on.

I should see if I can legally get my helldump thread removed, I don't want people to know I lied :rolleyes:
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2010-11-25, 12:00 PM #22
What a tool
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2010-11-26, 8:06 PM #23
Edited the original post to contain the new video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eUzwJsFmmU
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2010-11-26, 8:15 PM #24
Originally posted by happydud:
Augh. So the first guy in the video filed a privacy complaint and we have to take the video down.

That sucks. We tried to reason with him but he "Doesn't want anyone to know he was on Chat Roulette."

Blur out his face with a block that says "I'M LAME AND AM HIDING MY INTERNET HABITS". :XD:
woot!
2010-11-26, 8:49 PM #25
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I should see if I can legally get my helldump thread removed, I don't want people to know I lied :rolleyes:

You totally should, man. I can't believe they would harass you so much. You should sue for damages too.

And I'm totally not just saying that because suing SA would literally ruin the rest of your life.

↑ Up to the top!