Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Stoopid question about Yootoob
Stoopid question about Yootoob
2010-11-24, 12:17 PM #1
So I was entertaining the thought of making a vanity video of me playing bass along with the original song. What are best options for making this happen?

Record with a video camera and then dump onto the pc? Use a webcam and capture the video and audio on the pc?

If the only option involves a webcam, I'm done, 'cause I ain't gots one.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2010-11-24, 12:28 PM #2
I've never uploaded to youtube but I would think that if you already have the capability of recording with a video camera and transferring the content to your PC your question really is stoopid. Seriously, though, does your camera support USB or Firewire and do you have the appropriate capabilities to transfer the material to your computer? If you lack those and you have A/V connectivity on your PC then that would be a good option. If either your camera or PC lacks the appropriate capabilities then I think a cheap upgrade to either might be in order. Either way, using a video camera should yield superior results to any webcam most are likely to use.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-11-24, 12:32 PM #3
Please don't use a webcam, all we'll hear is your computer fans and the worst part of the base.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2010-11-24, 11:25 PM #4
You can upload any sort of video file. So even if you have to take a WHOLE LOTTA PICTURES REALLY FAST and then make noises into your microphone, then you automagically put it together into a .anytypeofvideofile, you can upload it.

They make it really easy.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2010-11-24, 11:34 PM #5
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Please don't use a webcam, all we'll hear is your computer fans and the worst part of the base.

IT'S BASS NOT BASE FFS!

sorry but this bugs me quite a bit and i see it way too often
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2010-11-24, 11:57 PM #6
Bah, phonetic typo.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2010-11-25, 7:36 AM #7
What dud said. I record using a 1080p camcorder and either edit the movie in iMovie (mayhaps I'll get Final Cut some day) or on my Windows PC in Sony Vegas 9 Pro.

I recommend an external mic source though if you can. Set up a condenser mic about 10 inches from your amp to record you playing. Then overlay that audio file and the original audio track with your video.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2010-11-25, 8:44 AM #8
Also, make sure you upload the video (even if you have to upscale it) in 720p, as that's when YouTube actually uses higher bitrate audio. 360p is pretty terrible, 480 is a /little/ better, 720p is pretty great.
2010-11-25, 8:55 AM #9
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
IT'S BASS NOT BASE FFS!

sorry but this bugs me quite a bit and i see it way too often

Ask Richard Prior about base :awesome:
2010-11-25, 5:18 PM #10
Originally posted by Yecti:
I recommend an external mic source though if you can. Set up a condenser mic about 10 inches from your amp to record you playing. Then overlay that audio file and the original audio track with your video.

Anything wrong with a Sansamp into the Line In on the PC?
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."

↑ Up to the top!