Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Single player levels and TACC (TACC NOW ONLINE)
Single player levels and TACC (TACC NOW ONLINE)
2010-11-25, 12:17 PM #1
Hi,

Im looking to play some single player levels but the Admiral's Command Chamber is down.

Where have all those great SP levels gone?
2010-11-25, 12:19 PM #2
I have them all backed up, which one do you want?
E: Oh and, CM, if you want these to host up on Massassi somewhere I can send em to you.
2010-11-25, 12:50 PM #3
Hold off, Tibby. I think we need to find out what happened to the first nine JK/MotS players.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2010-11-25, 1:06 PM #4
Originally posted by Tibby:
I have them all backed up, which one do you want?
E: Oh and, CM, if you want these to host up on Massassi somewhere I can send em to you.

I really want to play all of AKPiggots, David McHales and Ryans level.

Could you upload them to filefront and PM me the link?

If you could just upload Yugrin and Zak 1-4 that would be great.

Sombody should submit them all to massassi befiore they are lost.
2010-11-25, 5:16 PM #5
I think I have them too, but no place to upload them to.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2010-11-25, 5:23 PM #6
I thought CM said he was going to get TACC onto a subdomain of massassi before too long? Did that change?
2010-11-25, 5:26 PM #7
I don't think uploading them to Massassi is an option at least without consulting the authors first, because some of them may have had a reason to not post the levels to Massassi, and thus deliberately chose not to do so.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2010-11-25, 6:03 PM #8
I'll bring TACC online tomorrow on a subdomain.
2010-11-25, 6:19 PM #9
That's great! :)
? :)
2010-11-25, 6:26 PM #10
RBots and Millennium are both broken too.
2010-11-25, 7:31 PM #11
Millenium will likely always have errors (it's been broken for years, and it's worse off than Massassi), and I'm not sure why rbot's files are "missing".

Edit: not sure why the files folder is gone (it's apparently been gone for ages, I have no record of it), but the files it contained seem to have been incorporated into Massassi proper. Thus, you can find rbots in the JK and MOTS mods sections.

As for TACC, it is now officially online again:

http://tacc.massassi.net
2010-11-25, 10:36 PM #12
Great to see TACC back up again. I'll have to reinstall JK and MotS.

Shame the forums are long gone.
2010-11-26, 6:34 AM #13
TACC WOO!

I kind of wished I could have got TODOA uploaded on TACC as well but I guess having multiple copies of the same 300 mb file on the same server wouldn't have been that s-m-r-t. :p
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2010-11-26, 6:59 AM #14
:neckbeard:
2010-11-26, 7:35 AM #15
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
TACC WOO!

I kind of wished I could have got TODOA uploaded on TACC as well but I guess having multiple copies of the same 300 mb file on the same server wouldn't have been that s-m-r-t. :p

Would it not be possible to fudge the database entry so that it linked to the same file?
2010-11-26, 7:37 AM #16
It'd require a partial rewrite of the templates the site uses. It only stores the filename in the db.
2010-11-26, 7:50 AM #17
CM Thanks for re-uploading TACC!!
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2010-11-26, 8:06 AM #18
I feel like several years of my life just came back online.
2010-11-26, 8:46 AM #19
Damn that Wolfy he gets eternal Screen of the Week :argh:
2010-11-26, 11:29 AM #20
Well;

- TACC has been hosted via Massassi since 2007ish, so other data-stores are not really necessary
- The only editor with a major beef that I remember was McHale, who asked for his levels to be removed from TACC anyway (don't think anyone knows why, maybe isaak)
- Last TACC forums existed from 2003-2006ish, the pre-2003 forums were lost in some kind of forum change, whereupon TACC's main antagonist (Antilles) abandoned shop

Also, Hi Chewbubba, Commander, Gris and Wookie. Matt, haggis, isaak, McHale, Chris, other Chris, GHarris, ZOOIkes, Hidetora, Stryker_006, Piggott, BSR, vedder, DAK, pagey and Kengo have abandoned us.
2010-11-26, 12:02 PM #21
But ZOOIkes is vedder! D: :P

GHarris kind of pops up every 6 months or so.
2010-11-26, 12:37 PM #22
Argh, yeah, damnit I just came back here to try to correct that.

What do you want from me, coherent english?!?!1

Also, I just rang gkg.net, to see if I could pay Ryan's bill, but apparently the domain has been deleted, and needs Ryan to reinstate it otherwise it gets handed back to the internet gods in however many days.
2010-11-26, 12:41 PM #23
Piggott pokes in here every 6 months or so too.
2010-11-26, 12:50 PM #24
Originally posted by GHORG:
Argh, yeah, damnit I just came back here to try to correct that.

What do you want from me, coherent english?!?!1

Also, I just rang gkg.net, to see if I could pay Ryan's bill, but apparently the domain has been deleted, and needs Ryan to reinstate it otherwise it gets handed back to the internet gods in however many days.

Yeah I already did the research. I'm going to attempt to buy it when it goes up for sale.
2010-11-26, 2:20 PM #25
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
It'd require a partial rewrite of the templates the site uses. It only stores the filename in the db.

Couldn't you still fudge it using /../../ etc type stuff? Forgive my ignorance, it's an honest question.
2010-11-27, 4:45 AM #26
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
Piggott pokes in here every 6 months or so too.

Oh? His last sighting was in summer 2009 according to his profile. Or February 2009 at LucasForums. But then again you don't actually have to log in to poke in...

I sent him a forum notice concerning the whereabouts of DAK in April 2009 or so, never got a reply so I got worried! Luckily MrRavenX and Dark_Knight jumped aboard the TODOA train in time to save the project.

*sigh*

I might as well play the beta of Enter the Dark Lord for remembrance. Hooray for AKPiggott!
2010-11-27, 7:05 AM #27
Originally posted by DSettahr:
Couldn't you still fudge it using /../../ etc type stuff? Forgive my ignorance, it's an honest question.

No, that'd only take you to the root of TACC's public_html folder, unless you were doing it via PHP (which would require a lot of resources), and doing it in PHP would trigger a basedir restriction (security).
2010-11-27, 7:08 AM #28
Ah, ok... I see.
2010-11-27, 7:20 AM #29
Besides, I honestly don't care about having some files in TACC co-existing with their Massassi counterparts. I'm fairly sure the same thing happens on JKHub.

↑ Up to the top!