Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Massassi I want you to be part of my academic life
Massassi I want you to be part of my academic life
2010-11-28, 6:04 PM #1
This is a rare example of sober posting from me so please don't think less of me.

So I need more fodder to submit with my portfolio to a film school where I can get a four year degree which is less useful than the vocational certificate available where I am at school right now.

So, my plan is to make a high art film about some members of internets* see attached who go on a quest to find out just exactly who this guy

[http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c334/darth_alran/72cb044a.jpg]

is.

It's going to be a road movie like that one Kerouac movie. Soooooooo I need more ideas for the characters in the car and the zany creatures they meet so I can draw up bogus storyboards to put with it so that it looks like it developed during production when I just made it up as I went along.

GO
Attachment: 24508/800px-Netizens.jpg (46,941 bytes)
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2010-11-28, 6:15 PM #2
Why is there not a Massassi character? Or is that what Jon'C is supposed to be?

I dunno... this idea seems kind of cliche. The whole "differences between web communities" thing has been done before. I'd rather see a similar movie, but with animated avatars of Massassians themselves. But then again, no one outside of this community would "get it" probably.
2010-11-28, 6:19 PM #3
Originally posted by DSettahr:
Why is there not a Massassi character? Or is that what Jon'C is supposed to be?

I dunno... this idea seems kind of cliche. The whole "differences between web communities" thing has been done before. I'd rather see a similar movie, but with animated avatars of Massassians themselves. But then again, no one outside of this community would "get it" probably.

because i stole it from encyclopedia dramatica

and its a not a differences between online communities, necessarily.

It is more about a basement dweller who cons other people into looking for a cynical canadian computer and the rednecks and fascist liberals they run into on the way.
2010-11-28, 6:24 PM #4
So if I'm reading this right, you want to make a road film in which personified internet communities are on a quest to track down the real Jon`C?

what

This actually reminds me of a dream I had in which I discovered that a certain internet personality was actually a team of people working away at a bunch of computers in a dilapidated little house in the middle of a marsh somewhere in Georgia.
I'm just a little boy.
2010-11-28, 6:28 PM #5
I am totally in this movie, right? Where's my Dressing room.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2010-11-28, 6:32 PM #6
Is there anything else you can give us about the requirements for the projects, or things you wish to include or avoid, style of art, approximate playing time, and the like?

Regardless, here are some suggestions in no particular order:
  • Your main character should likely be an average joe, as the rest of the story and characters will likely be fairly off-the-wall and your audience will likely appreciate being able identify with someone "not in the know" so to speak. It's a pretty hackneyed idea to use, but it helps to have a 'straight man' at the very least.
  • Michael McLongname needs to be one of the car occupants. What road trip is complete without a beer guru?
  • The rest of your cast of characters, as well as general zany conflicts, really should be determined by the requirements and goals you hope to meet in this project. Do you want to show off gun-toting action? Then you should have DrkJedi/Jim7 in your story. Do you want someone other than a freaky, white, nerdy male? Maybe consider maeve -- she at least changes up one of those! Do you want a tall, thin, attractive, witty writer? Well, if you insist on including me...

So yeah, more information, please!
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2010-11-28, 7:01 PM #7
Surely this should just be a story about Spe taking a trip to Las Vegas with his lawyer, Macfarlane.
nope.
2010-11-28, 7:32 PM #8
This will end well.
2010-11-28, 7:40 PM #9
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Surely this should just be a story about Spe taking a trip to Las Vegas with his lawyer, Macfarlane.

I had considered this, however the aculpoolcoe shirts would be out of place in the bizarrely snowed landscape of salt lake city utah (like 18 inches out there)

But no. It will be a serialized bHo network drama about a young man on a quest to discover the meaning of Jon'C. He takes along with him his friend Bob Dunlock/[url=v]Billy Dee Glover[/url] as well as maybe a valium addict from Utah county and a third individual of indeterminate gender.

Each short film will have them meeting strange characters who have plenty of space in their home for CDs, DVDs, and WWII memorabilia, people in Guy Fawkes masks, bisexual dwarfs, Minxy and various other weeaboo, as well as the guy who wants you to leave britney spears alone. AS Geb said, very character driven and all that. Who knows, maybe I'll get a grant and I can come film on location at your placi of residence.

Shot in the style of arrested development, it will have no other purpose than to get hits on youtube from keywords.

Aaaaaanddd go
2010-11-28, 7:42 PM #10
LET ME SCORE YOUR MASTERPIECE
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2010-11-28, 7:55 PM #11
If your purpose is something that would get hits on youtube, you most definitely need babes then. Forget character focus, we're talking about T&A focus here. And cats. And stuff about video games. And a double rainbow.

Billy Dee Glover ought to be of some interest in the mix. I still think you need McLongname as part of the main cast in the car.

If you're going to have Jon`C be the ultimate goal, you could use a character with an equally huge ego that's antagonistic in some way, like JM.

I'm not sure we have enough interesting conflict here on Massassi to draw from, though, Spook. If you just want to make junk up, though, I'm willing to take an ISB-style crack at it.
2010-11-28, 7:57 PM #12
Maybe it could be about a group of friends who's lives were centered around Massassi, but over time some of them leave the community and become estranged by their other Massassi friends.
So 2 years later they all run into each other at a Halloween party. Turns out there are some hard feelings between the friends, but one of them is going to die of cancer and wants to fulfill his dream of finding out if Joh'C is an actual person, and not an ultra intelligent robot. So they all go on an epic road trip in a green 15 passenger van across America where they run into icon members of Massassi, and other nerd-culture icons. Like Harry Knowles, and that Native American guy that's in every indie film.

So in the group you have 2 friends who work in a comic book shop, one is ultra nerdy and the other is a really hot chick, and she's all spunky, like. . .like Kristen Bell or something. The other guy, mainly the one who estranged himself from the community now works for his dad at a used car dealership, and he's pretty much the straight laced normal guy the audience identifies with.
The friend who is dying is pretty normal, though he's stayed true to his nerdy side because it's who he is.
The other friend, and owner of the van and the craziest of them could be a lewd fat guy with crazy hair, who takes them to a Serious Sam modding convention so they can harass that community, but that will just be one of many wacky adventures.

I think it would be a really heart warming film that could bring everyone who watches it closer together.

k, I contributed.
My blawgh.
2010-11-28, 8:00 PM #13
Tracer you should at least do a guest spot yes

Geb, the idea of producing the treatments for these episodes ISB style intrigues me. Like collaboration but with more douchebags. I know a girl with huge boobs who will be playing the fangirl character assuming that there is one, and there are hot girls every 30 seconds in Salt Lake so I will be sure to incorporate them at a time in the video where the thumbnail is made.

Phantom, I was just thinking about how glad I am that you live like 7 houses away from me when I realized what movie that was.

Thous *******. Though, I think this could provide a good role for Billy, seeing as how he seems to be out of work at this moment.
2010-11-28, 8:52 PM #14
You need Madquack.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2010-11-28, 9:34 PM #15
what about me
im a person
2010-11-28, 10:03 PM #16
What you really need is grismath.

Also perhaps a big redneck/NRA guy who has had a "run in" with said spider legged computer and narrowly escaped. Perhaps he now has become a bit of a recluse and has some absurd scar he claims he got from this JonC creature.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2010-11-28, 11:45 PM #17
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:

Also perhaps a big redneck/NRA guy who has had a "run in" with said spider legged computer and narrowly escaped. Perhaps he now has become a bit of a recluse and has some absurd scar he claims he got from this JonC creature.

yes, I like this idea.

Also we need a list of Jonceys superpowers. Like speaking and reading ancient greek and being a secret christian ?apologist? and other things like having a tattoo of the ideal economic system tattooed on his back, but he's spent so much time working in a field with migrant workers for fun that the ink blends with the rest of his skin and other things
2010-11-29, 12:17 AM #18
Just be sure to include a montage of several extreme close ups of random objects in black and white. It makes film professors hard.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2010-11-29, 4:20 AM #19
Quote:
If you're going to have Jon`C be the ultimate goal, you could use a character with an equally huge ego that's antagonistic in some way, like JM.
I am not antagonistic. Really, Geb, I wouldn't be upset if Spook just left me out entirely, which thankfully he probably will. I have no desire to help him get his spit all over the random internet ******* he happens to have fallen in love with.
2010-11-29, 5:35 AM #20
No, you're just an ******.
nope.
2010-11-29, 6:37 AM #21
Originally posted by JM:
I am not antagonistic. Really, Geb, I wouldn't be upset if Spook just left me out entirely, which thankfully he probably will. I have no desire to help him get his spit all over the random internet ******* he happens to have fallen in love with.

Didn't have to be you, it's just you're the first I thought would make a good character in that respect. I would think Spook would probably benefit most from only taking loose inspiration from Massassi anyway.
2010-11-29, 5:41 PM #22
Originally posted by JM:
I am not antagonistic.
Quote:
I have no desire to help him get his spit all over the random internet ******* he happens to have fallen in love with.

Whelly I'm all over that. I know they look to make sure that is in every film.

Also Tibby you'll probably be the tweaker girl. Sorry man.
2010-11-29, 6:06 PM #23
MOAR MADQUACK.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2010-11-29, 6:19 PM #24
Originally posted by happydud:
MOAR MADQUACK.

****ing explain yourself you monkey
2010-11-29, 8:46 PM #25
im okay with being a tweaker girl
2010-11-29, 8:57 PM #26
Quote:
Didn't have to be you, it's just you're the first I thought would make a good character in that respect. I would think Spook would probably benefit most from only taking loose inspiration from Massassi anyway.
I was both being serious (Really, wtf is this bull****) and also ironically playing the perfect antagonistic role for this sort of tripe.
2010-11-29, 9:15 PM #27
That did seem awful whiny, even for you. :-D
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2010-11-29, 9:21 PM #28
This is very strange. To be honest, I don't "get" it. Or maybe a better way of saying it is that I get the idea, but I don't see the potential. I think I'd have to see a script or something to really believe there's entertainment to be had in the idea. BUT I love projects like this, so I hope it works out well and we get to enjoy the finished product!
Warhead[97]
2010-11-30, 12:08 AM #29
Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
Or maybe a better way of saying it is that I get the idea, but I don't see the potential.

Think garden state but with nerds and absurdly intelligent spider computers!
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2010-11-30, 4:26 AM #30
Quote:
Or maybe a better way of saying it is that I get the idea, but I don't see the potential.
Imagine Spook unzipping Jon'C's pants and you've got the general idea of what this is about.
2010-11-30, 7:02 AM #31
Originally posted by JM:
Imagine JM unzipping Jon'C's pants and you've got the general idea of what this is about.

Yeah dude totally. Except HES A ****ING COMPUTER
2010-11-30, 11:50 PM #32
What, computers can't wear pants?

Also...
Quote:

Yeah! :hist101: (why? :confused:)
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2010-12-01, 2:11 AM #33
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
What, computers can't wear pants?

Also...

Yeah! :hist101: (why? :confused:)

Lol, you make a good protagonist. Or at least a character based
2010-12-01, 6:03 AM #34
So I don't get a place in this? Harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrumph!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2010-12-01, 6:53 AM #35
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
Think garden state but with nerds and absurdly intelligent spider computers!

So a really boring movie with an overrated soundtrack?
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2010-12-01, 7:01 AM #36
And produced by Jon Peters.
nope.
2010-12-01, 8:04 AM #37
deviantart should be a furry
A dream is beautiful because it remains a dream.
2010-12-01, 9:01 AM #38
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
So I don't get a place in this? Harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrumph!

Well considering that the thing is called 'Burgeryboys Unite' I think you're at least getting credit.

BTW, dudes, the internets thing has nothing to do with the characters. I told you I was sober posting.

And less Garden State, more...

An adaptation of Heart of Darkness directed by Michael "****ing" Bay.
2010-12-01, 9:02 AM #39
yayyy [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/smiley/fgrburger.png]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2010-12-01, 9:26 AM #40
this is so weird

↑ Up to the top!