Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Windows baby wants to try 'Nix.
Windows baby wants to try 'Nix.
2010-11-30, 4:49 PM #41
I run dev/production lamp with centos, it's been good to me.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2010-11-30, 5:15 PM #42
Tibby why are your thread names almost always weird/confusing?

How does referring to yourself as "baby" make sense there? Unless you're saying you're an infant who's using Windows, but I doubt that's what you meant. Maybe you're saying you're an infant being brought up on Windows? I don't see any other meanings of "baby" making sense in the context, either.

I sort of see what you were getting at, but it just doesn't seem to work. If we try to apply the logic of this thread name, like this: "Straight sex baby wants to try gay sex." it still makes absolutely no sense, unless you're referring to an actual infant who's bored of sex with people of the opposite gender, but that would not only be an awkward sentence structure, it would be a weird situation as well. Perhaps a sex baby who's straight, whatever that is?

As for the "hey baby it's your turn to do the dishes and then we can have sex while the baby (infant) is asleep" kind of baby, I've never seen that being used to refer to oneself. Unless their (nick)name is Baby.

What the ****. Tibby??
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2010-11-30, 5:24 PM #43
He just means newbie.

Straight Sex baby wants to try Gay Sex ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Krok -_____________-
2010-11-30, 5:41 PM #44
I considered that, but he's not a Windows newbie. The sentence structure is still wrong.

It doesn't translate into "Windows user, who is a newbie to the alternatives, wants to try Linux." very well at all, at least not in my mind...is it because it's now 20 mins to 4 AM here? Is it because English is my second language?

what the ****, Tibby??
2010-11-30, 5:50 PM #45
on that subject, does tibby still plan on being a pilot in the canadian forces? because I'm very interested to learn how he intends to do that without a university degree.
2010-11-30, 5:53 PM #46
Why not lay off for five seconds, Jon? I mean that was p. clever, and prob. some ppl will laff, but
2010-11-30, 5:58 PM #47
I don't have a university degree but I still plan on becoming a smart.
2010-11-30, 5:59 PM #48
Originally posted by Krokodile:
It doesn't translate into "Windows user, who is a newbie to the alternatives, wants to try Linux." very well at all, at least not in my mind...is it because it's now 20 mins to 4 AM here? Is it because English is my second language?

I assumed it's because he was being "babied" by Windows. Meaning Windows acted as a "maternal figure" that always cradled and provided for him for years. I find a lot of validity in this since Microsoft Windows has always been there for me, being so convenient and accessible. But for Tibby, he wants to be a MAN now so he's going with the 'NIX.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2010-11-30, 6:02 PM #49
Originally posted by saberopus:
Why not lay off for five seconds, Jon? I mean that was p. clever, and prob. some ppl will laff, but

no, I'm being serious.
2010-11-30, 6:04 PM #50
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
I assumed it's because he was being "babied" by Windows. Meaning Windows acted as a "maternal figure" that always cradled and provided for him for years. I find a lot of validity in this since Microsoft Windows has always been there for me, being so convenient and accessible. But for Tibby, he wants to be a MAN now so he's going with the 'NIX.

Holy ****, this actually makes sense. Thanks ECHOMAN!

What the ****, Tibby?? Well actually nevermind I guess the title is ok now. Except for the 'Nix and ending it with a period.
2010-11-30, 6:21 PM #51
Originally posted by saberopus:

It's like a study of a very quick descent from normal into YouTube commentary.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2010-11-30, 6:31 PM #52
Originally posted by Jon`C:
no, I'm being serious.

I was curious about something a couple of weeks ago so I was looking at the Canadian Forces site, and yeah to fly anything in the Canadian Military you have to be captain rank or higher and you have to get a bachelor's degree before you join.
2010-11-30, 6:54 PM #53
Originally posted by Tibby:
Wine actually supports DX10/11

hahahahahaha
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-11-30, 7:33 PM #54
I shelved the pilot thing a long, long time ago. I would still love to, but I don't think I would be capable. Also the title means "Windows Baby" as in someone brought up only understanding windows, which to someone who uses linux might be considered "Easier" and so to them I would be a novice as far as operating systems go.
2010-11-30, 9:10 PM #55
Actually Wookie's suggestion is good, if you have a use for something like a media server. I always forget about my media box (I don't have it plugged in anymore because I don't have cable anymore) but it's the only useful stable non-headache inducing thing I've done with linux. I used an early version of MythTV which restricted my hardware a lot, but apparently there's a few newer ones that might be more useful and less constraining.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2010-11-30, 9:30 PM #56
My suggestions are always good but, just like medicine, sometimes hard to swallow.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-11-30, 9:36 PM #57
Or semen.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2010-11-30, 10:05 PM #58
Well, if your opinion is that semen is good but also hard to swallow, I guess.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

↑ Up to the top!