Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → RIP Stargate Universe
RIP Stargate Universe
2010-12-17, 2:56 PM #1
Just when it starts to get extremely good, SyFy puts their weiner up my butt and cancels it

**** you SyFy channel
2010-12-17, 3:01 PM #2
Now bring back Caprica and put it in that slot.
2010-12-17, 3:14 PM #3
Eureka.
2010-12-17, 3:38 PM #4
'SyFy' has a new policy of canceling their good shows.

Seriously, they don't even have any shows, and they still cancel them.
2010-12-17, 3:39 PM #5
Up next, UFC
Later: More UFC
2010-12-17, 4:09 PM #6
I understand the argument of "It's not making money so we're canceling it," but I'm pretty sure if SG:U isn't successful, none of their shows are.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2010-12-17, 4:14 PM #7
Originally posted by JM:
'SyFy' has a new policy of canceling their good shows.

New?
Anyways, ever since they changed it from Sci-Fi, I've been entirely comfortable forgetting that the channel exists, and I suspect others are if even Stargate can't draw a decent viewership.

-Oh well, gotta make more room for wrestlin'!
2010-12-17, 4:22 PM #8
Just to clarify, the series is going to finish, but it won't be renewed.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-12-17, 4:49 PM #9
figures.
woot!
2010-12-17, 4:55 PM #10
Wait...SGU started to get extremely good? My general impression from people talking about the show is somewhere between "this sucks" and "meh".
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2010-12-17, 4:57 PM #11
****ers.

o.0
2010-12-17, 5:21 PM #12
it was getting better for sure, deserved to be renewed at least, the storyline was starting to kick off in a major way.

They still had too much "filler" in there sometimes, but it was starting to get an epic feel, bah.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2010-12-17, 5:54 PM #13
Originally posted by happydud:
I understand the argument of "It's not making money so we're canceling it," but I'm pretty sure if SG:U isn't successful, none of their shows are.

Warehouse 13.
2010-12-17, 6:16 PM #14
They're bringing back Eureka and Haven. It's unfortunate that Universe is ending, but...so be it.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2010-12-17, 8:07 PM #15
I feel its never going to get the good ending it deserves..I will always wonder
2010-12-17, 8:32 PM #16
:(
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2010-12-17, 8:39 PM #17
Haven blows.

Warehouse thirteen stole the concept from a dumb website.

Eureka makes no effort at all to suspend disbelief.
2010-12-17, 8:51 PM #18
Originally posted by Couchman:
SyFy puts their weiner up my butt and cancels it

I'm confused, they cancel their weiner or your butt?
My blawgh.
2010-12-17, 9:01 PM #19
ALL WEINERS ARE HEREBY CANCELED
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2010-12-17, 9:07 PM #20
Having never gotten into any Stargate stuff besides the movie, my understanding is that this show was basically the Stargate version of "Voyager..." Is this true?
2010-12-17, 9:45 PM #21
It was just a different style from the original series. Still very good though.

o.0
2010-12-17, 9:52 PM #22
It's nowhere near that bad, but it is bad.
2010-12-17, 10:06 PM #23
I never got into SGU (and I own all 10 seasons of SG-1, and 3 of the 5 seasons of SG:A). I'm not at all surprised it is getting the axe.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2010-12-17, 10:25 PM #24
I hope they recoup and start a new series more like the old ones.
TV these days is missing the Star Trek/Star Gate "People go out and do interesting things" speculative fiction shows.
2010-12-18, 5:32 AM #25
SyFy needs to pull their act together first, they screwed SGU with the scheduling, not just of itself but also with what they put around it.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2010-12-18, 6:42 AM #26
The curse of SciFi - big production costs and near zero chance of putting up big audience numbers. Its almost like being a SciFi fan makes you part masochist since your show is almost certain to be canceled before reaching any meaningful conclusion.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2010-12-18, 6:46 AM #27
I don't think the production costs are that high compared to other shows though. Just about every show these days uses extensive CGI precisely because it's cheaper than filming on location. So much of SGU was filmed in a small number of sets and using CGI rather than making extensive use of other locations (unlike previous Stargates).
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2010-12-18, 7:16 AM #28
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
SyFy needs to pull their act together first, they screwed SGU with the scheduling, not just of itself but also with what they put around it.

Truth.

Originally posted by EAH_TRISCUIT:
near zero chance of putting up big audience numbers.

Also truth. Especially since most of their other programming is total crap, there's not much incentive to make sure Sigh-Fy is even part of your cable/dish package. To be sure, they are run by morons.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2010-12-18, 9:58 AM #29
They used to own Friday nights, viewership was really strong then. Then they took on the wrestling crap, and had to bump the real shows to maintain the wrestling viewers.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2010-12-18, 11:31 AM #30
Because the company is owned by the same company that runs USA. WWE has a deal with them, the pulled the network show (Smackdown) off of regular TV and put it on cable to save money. And besides, Suck-fy has been crap for a very long time now. 5 years at least.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2010-12-18, 3:53 PM #31
Originally posted by Tracer:
ALL WEINERS ARE HEREBY CANCELED

ffffffffffffffffff protect your weiner it cannot be canceled unless it is up a butt

(this post made me fall down and laff, no joke, no homo)
2010-12-18, 11:45 PM #32
the problem is that some shows (especialy those with story arcs) take a while to get into gear, so canceling them just as they start to get to the main part of the story is quite stupid. Though, if a network doesnt realize that just because wrestling and sci-fi are popular amoung similar demographics, doesnt mean that they have a large viewship overlap, is it realy a stretch to think that they dont realize that story arc based shows dont go all out right away.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2010-12-19, 4:22 AM #33
complete WANKERS! :rant:

Its an awesome show, good writing, great acting, great characters.
Syfy must be retards.

This made me so angry i just gave up caring, instant depression, the world makes no sense.

They can waste millions on a piece of **** like skylines, but they give up on SGU.
wank
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}

↑ Up to the top!