Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Fire Dynamics lab trailer house burn
Fire Dynamics lab trailer house burn
2010-12-17, 6:03 PM #1
As promised, here is some video from the trailer house burn my Fire Dynamics class did. Yes, it was extremely hot (I am generally standing as close as I can without actually burning myself just from the radiant heat) and yes, it was extremely bright (those lights that are on in the beginning are on the whole night, the fire is just that bright).

If you are wondering why I am lingering on weird stuff, it's because I was paying attention to some of the effects we studied in class like entrainment, the neutral plane, fire induced flows, smoke colors, blah blah blah. Also, some of it is just pretty. I actually have like...an hour and a half of video, and that doesn't include most of the beginning (where we were testing specific scenarios in rooms) and most of the end (as the fire died down and the house was reduced to a burning hellscape). It was very cold, very rainy, and I was very tired and very hungry. Enjoy.

Oh, also, it is in HD, so watch it that way. I recorded in 1080p but 720 is what I uploaded. 1080 is overkill, the camera isn't that good.

Warhead[97]
2010-12-17, 7:23 PM #2
Sweet! What kind of school are you going to where you study this stuff?
2010-12-18, 9:00 AM #3
It's at a state university (Oklahoma State) and the school is an engineering technology school. The School of Fire Protection and Safety Technology. I'll be getting a BSET. It's pretty interesting sometimes, it's still school but at least every once in a while we get to do some really interesting labs like this, or facility tours in different industries.
Warhead[97]
2010-12-18, 3:50 PM #4
Sounds really awesome man, and I think it's cool that you seem so into it :D.
2010-12-19, 4:58 PM #5
Sounds a little bit like forestry school. Our labs were all outside, doing things like cutting trees down with chainsaws. :)
2010-12-19, 6:42 PM #6
Falling trees is all kinds of fun.
Pissed Off?
2010-12-19, 6:56 PM #7
Now he's got to firefight, gotta cool the bad.

↑ Up to the top!