Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → WTF (nocaps)
WTF (nocaps)
2010-12-22, 7:10 PM #1
Intel Community Responds to WikiLeaks With WTF.

Cute title for the article. WTF being Wikileaks Task Force.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-12-22, 7:42 PM #2
oh look

wookie bait
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2010-12-22, 9:02 PM #3
Do you only read Fox News?
2010-12-22, 9:08 PM #4
It was on other sites too. Stop being dumb.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2010-12-22, 9:48 PM #5
How is this bait and why does it matter that it's from Fox News? Whatever, still think the article title is funny and so is the name of the task force. And, no, I am currently reading Decision Points by George W. Bush.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-12-22, 10:02 PM #6
It's wookiebait because we all know you can't resist making up hilarious acronyms.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2010-12-22, 10:07 PM #7
Well, the CIA made up this one. Not sure what other hilarious acronyms I'm responsible for, either, but I'll accept the credit.

2010-12-22, 10:10 PM #8
it seems you have forgotten about a certain basset hound orphans
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2010-12-22, 10:10 PM #9
or should I say BHO!!!!!
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2010-12-22, 10:12 PM #10
Alright guys, can you at least TRY to discuss the article? I posted a link for those of you who are terrified of Fox News.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2010-12-22, 10:20 PM #11
The thing is, I didn't create BHO as a hilarious acronym. I only used them as his initials. Somebody else deserves the credit for using them to refer to him as dogs. With regards to the CIA acronym, I think it is a little over the top to use WTF publicly to describe the task force.

2010-12-22, 10:49 PM #12
The real WTF here is that wookie's thread got turned into a shenanigan.

While the wookster certainly has certain biases, I don't think he has the malicious agenda of a troll.

That said, lol.

Robert Gates already said it 'wasn't that big of a deal'*

The wikileaks situation is being latched onto by all sorts of people. Few of them can actually predict what the effects will be.

*oversimplification
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2010-12-23, 12:04 AM #13
That's pretty hilarious that they are using WTF as the official acronym.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2010-12-23, 7:31 AM #14
Hey Wookie

http://www.alternet.org/story/149193/study_confirms_that_fox_news_makes_you_stupid/
2010-12-23, 9:03 AM #15
Well, this went downhill fast.

To contribute to the original topic: I would hope that the person who came up with that - someone who was naming an organization to investigate an online-based organization - knew exactly what they were doing.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2010-12-23, 9:55 AM #16

People that watch Fox News are the kind of people who lack the metacognitive ability to realize and admit this kind of thing, as Wookie has demonstrated so many times before.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-12-23, 10:15 AM #17
ITT: lolfoxnewslolwookielol

Not ITT: intelligent discussion
2010-12-23, 10:42 AM #18
It was forfeit after the second post
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-12-23, 11:02 AM #19
Ah. Nothing feels better than a pre-holiday Wookie-Massassi Dickery event.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2010-12-23, 12:43 PM #20
At least no one has said "sex by surprise" yet.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2010-12-23, 1:02 PM #21
Originally posted by Temperamental:
Hey Wookie

[url]hurpdedurp[/url]

fox news is a bit on the edge, but seriously, every news agency/whatever has a bias. all of them will promote their self interests first and most of them have some kind of agenda. even the site you posted. from some of the things fox news viewers "believe" that are so obviously wrong, right down to the books they are advertising.

not saying fox news isn't crap. just saying everyone's **** stinks as well. give it a break.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2010-12-23, 6:29 PM #22
hey guys, remember when the world trade federation
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2010-12-24, 8:56 AM #23

The left produces polls like that all of the time. It wouldn't be surprising, though, if they were actually true. Fox News' audience is so vastly larger and varied than other networks and news sources that a larger percentage of misinformed people are bound to be watching. Assuming they keep watching a sufficient amount of time their ignorance should be diminished over time.

2010-12-24, 9:33 AM #24
Originally posted by Wookie06:
The left produces polls like that all of the time. It wouldn't be surprising, though, if they were actually true. Fox News' audience is so vastly larger and varied than other networks and news sources that a larger percentage of misinformed people are bound to be watching. Assuming they keep watching a sufficient amount of time their ignorance should be diminished over time.

Doesn't Fox News have an average viewer age of like mid 60s? I wouldn't consider that "varied". I mean, all the other news stations have pretty high viewer age ratings too. It's tough to argue that ANY of the typical news organizations today on TV have a "varied" audience.

And also, I will agree that "Fox News makes you stupid" link is probably the stupidest argument you can find to demonstrate Fox News is terrible. Most of those questions/situations they described are so horribly oversimplified. You can find much better examples of how Fox News (as well as other TV news channels) are pure garbage for the most part.

Re: link in question: Yet another reason why the government freakout over Wikileaks is absurd. If they are confident in their security measures, why such the freakout over leaks? What is it? Is it dangerous, or are you just trying to hide information?

Also, the fact that someone want's to bring back "need-to-know", considered one of the fundamental reasons why Sept 11th happened, is terrible. Security in this country is absolutely garbage and is stuck in the Cold War. I think after like 400 security reforms proposed by the 9/11 Commission, ~10% of them have been adopted. The whole situation is incredibly saddening.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2010-12-24, 10:49 AM #25
Originally posted by mscbuck:
Re: link in question: Yet another reason why the government freakout over Wikileaks is absurd. If they are confident in their security measures, why such the freakout over leaks? What is it? Is it dangerous, or are you just trying to hide information?

I could be mistaken but I thought the article said the CIA is confident in its security measures because so little of what was leaked was from them. That is still kind of funny, though, because it's kind of like saying, "Hey, look at us! We're confident that our security measures are fine because some PFC on a secret computer didn't download a bunch of our stuff."

2010-12-27, 11:46 AM #26
Originally posted by mscbuck:
Doesn't Fox News have an average viewer age of like mid 60s? I wouldn't consider that "varied". I mean, all the other news stations have pretty high viewer age ratings too. It's tough to argue that ANY of the typical news organizations today on TV have a "varied" audience.

I guess that could depend upon your definition of varied. My point was that their audience is so vastly larger than they other news networks that it necessarily contains larger numbers of people from most, if not all, groups.

2010-12-28, 4:40 AM #27
This thread does not deliver.

Good find though Wookie. The acronym made me chuckle.

↑ Up to the top!