Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Whats this, another vibes thread?
Whats this, another vibes thread?
2010-12-23, 11:59 PM #1
What up boyos and you special ladies. This is a story about a genk named genk and his life recently, if you stopped reading already just post "vibes" or some variant of that, otherwise leave a comment. Thank you. Anyways, back to storytime with uncle genk...

Lately I've felt that my life has been closing in on me a bit. Currently I've been going to school and then traveling home, 130 miles one way, every weekend to work for three days and then return. I've been working on transitioning to be completely over at school all week, but have had no luck so far. In the meantime, my boss hired a previous employee back as my replacement which cut into the hours I could get while I looked for something else. Just a word of advice for everyone wondering, you can't sustain rent, driving, and other bills on 4 to 6 shifts a paycheck. While I did get a sizable school loan, the toll of living costs today ate through that quite quickly and so I've been making some ends meet as best as I can lately.

I kept the same work last year and did roughly the same schedule, though with minor differences, this year has affected me differently between my wants and resources to do it. My reasoning behind keeping it had two main points; one: I was going to home to help my mom out with what I could, and two: I needed a job still and this was working out fine.

This year of school I am officially supposed to be done with formal education. This means I have several final requirements I have to meet in my major, Art, like a Senior Exhibit at the end of January. Within the next month I have to finalize the most important ideas and details of my stay with my college with that show at the time when I have the least resource backing to complete it.

I really appreciate all the feedback and comments I've received on my stuff when I've shown it here and there to a few of you. However I just ask for your guys support and well wishes. These past few months have gotten me really worried for how my future is going to be vastly different soon and how I can't fix problems without any support behind me. I'm very thankful to you guys and how sane I've been kept by having good friends in a number of you from all over the globe.

vibesplskthnx
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2010-12-24, 12:24 AM #2
viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibes
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net

↑ Up to the top!