Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Doctor Who Christmas Carol
Doctor Who Christmas Carol
2010-12-25, 5:20 PM #1
Hey, you UKmassassians - did the new episode of Dr. Who air earlier today?
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2010-12-25, 5:48 PM #2
It airs in America on BBCA at 9:00-10:20

will watch tomorrow night, even though its lame because its the day after christmas =/
2010-12-25, 5:59 PM #3
I watched it,

as Dr. Who episodes go...kinda average, better than most of the other stuff on the TV during christmas day though.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2010-12-25, 6:02 PM #4
it was crap. FACT.
2010-12-25, 6:51 PM #5
I was watching Star Wars marathon on Spike and every other commercial was for a vibrator..wtf
2010-12-25, 8:14 PM #6
I don't know what you guys are talking about, I loved it! I thought it was very well done and really great.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2010-12-25, 8:18 PM #7
I'm with dud - I loved it!
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2010-12-25, 10:03 PM #8
flying. shark. carriage.

**** and yes.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2010-12-26, 3:34 PM #9
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
flying. shark. carriage.

:awesome:
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2010-12-26, 4:01 PM #10
I really like it even though it had Michael Gambon!

Must say that I'm pretty pumped for the new series.
nope.
2010-12-26, 4:19 PM #11
I couldn't find it for free from the site that streamed the show the same-air-date last season. So, I found it on iTunes, and will "rent" it for 99 cents later tonight. :/
2010-12-26, 8:57 PM #12
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
flying. shark. carriage.

and they jumped it
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2010-12-26, 9:21 PM #13
It was good, but the new series looks incredible
2011-01-01, 7:44 PM #14
[necropost]I did watch it the other night, and I thought it was great (except for the Marilyn Monroe bit). The Doctor is actually using time-travel the way I would think it should be used.

I am puzzled though. There was that episode when Tennant was the Doctor (The Waters of Mars, I think) and he went back in time and altered the past to try and save the Mars astronauts, and ultimately decided that was a bad idea. And yet in this episode he doesn't seem to care that he's altering the past. [/necropost]
2011-01-01, 8:04 PM #15
Screw the past! :farnsworth:
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2011-01-02, 5:30 AM #16
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
[necropost]I did watch it the other night, and I thought it was great (except for the Marilyn Monroe bit). The Doctor is actually using time-travel the way I would think it should be used.

I am puzzled though. There was that episode when Tennant was the Doctor (The Waters of Mars, I think) and he went back in time and altered the past to try and save the Mars astronauts, and ultimately decided that was a bad idea. And yet in this episode he doesn't seem to care that he's altering the past. [/necropost]

Firstly, the point of that episode was that there were 'fixed' points in time which have to occur in order to make events play out in the 'correct' way. Other things can be changed without affecting the grand scheme of things, it's implied that most of what the Doctor does is try to fix things that shouldn't be happening. Secondly, you're not remembering the episode correctly: The majority of the episode was him despairing about not being able to save the astronauts because their deaths were important to the development of mankind, in the end he went a bit dark and decided that as the last time lord he was allowed to save them. His intervention ultimately didn't make any difference because the lead astronaut committed suicide when she realised what he'd done - thereby confirming the deaths of the astronauts as a fixed point in time.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter

↑ Up to the top!