Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What an awful, awful idea...
What an awful, awful idea...
2010-12-27, 4:30 PM #1
http://www.in-depthresearch.com/internet-trends-market-research/save-my-ads-i-want-to-read-them-later/#comment-1014

I know for sure I won't be using AdKeeper... :nonono:
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2010-12-27, 5:14 PM #2
Just goes to show you that money goes toward things that benefit the wealthy, not humanity.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2010-12-27, 5:25 PM #3
I'm amused by the idea that marketers are so out of touch with humanity that they might actually think people would be interested in using this.
I'm just a little boy.
2010-12-27, 5:30 PM #4
This guy is a genius. I'm betting he knows that people won't actually use this crap, but that advertising executives are stupid enough to think that people will and are therefore willing to pay for his service. Sounds like a good way to raise a little capital for another venture to me.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2010-12-27, 5:35 PM #5
Obvious problems:

1.) I'm so used to ignoring ad banners that, by the time I've noticed one I might be interested in, I've already clicked on a different link and the ad is lost to the rotation. I would never even be able to use this service.

2.) At best, I expect that most AdKeeper buttons will just open the ad link and do nothing else.
2010-12-27, 5:51 PM #6
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Just goes to show you that money goes toward things that benefit the wealthy, not humanity.

:rolleyes:
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2010-12-27, 7:02 PM #7
Originally posted by Freelancer:

This isn't going to benefit anyone. I don't think even marketing execs are going to fall for this crap.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2010-12-27, 7:11 PM #8
How did this guy "raise" 8 million
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2010-12-27, 7:21 PM #9
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Obvious problems:

1.) I'm so used to ignoring ad banners that, by the time I've noticed one I might be interested in, I've already clicked on a different link and the ad is lost to the rotation. I would never even be able to use this service.
yeah honestly there is the rare occasion that an ad strikes my interest, but I've already clicked past it.. and when I try to click my back button it's gone.

Also, I think Crimson just might be right about that. Time will tell I guess.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2010-12-27, 11:50 PM #10
Internet jumped the shark, again...
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2010-12-28, 12:23 AM #11
BMW ads beamed into our retinas and now this.
Marketing people are the worst kind of people.
2010-12-28, 12:33 AM #12
As someone who lived through the dotcom boom, I can honestly say this is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard.

-Well, maybe not, but some of those ideas turned out to be hideously popular. Try explaining "You're The Man Now Dog" to a venture capitalist.
2010-12-28, 12:38 AM #13
It was funny, people like funny things. People then tried to copy it.
2010-12-28, 2:39 AM #14
I find the misplaced comma in the last sentence of that article very annoying for some reason.
幻術
2010-12-28, 3:03 AM #15
I dont, know what your talking about Koobie?

-(if only I could have crammed "irregardless" or a misuse of "there" in they're...)
2010-12-28, 5:31 AM #16
Originally posted by Koobie:
I find the misplaced comma in the last sentence of that article very annoying for some reason.

Because you didn't read it like this...

[quote=Horatio Caine]And ideas like that :cool: never last very long.[/quote]
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2010-12-28, 5:39 AM #17
Ad banners? The internet still has those?

Adblock.
2010-12-28, 5:55 AM #18
I don't use Adblock because everything just seems a little soulless without banners. :P
nope.
2010-12-28, 3:25 PM #19
Originally posted by Tibby:
BMW ads beamed into our retinas and now this.
Marketing people are the worst kind of people.

Thanks.
一个大西瓜
2010-12-29, 11:13 AM #20
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it pretty much the same damn thing as adding something to my favorites list? Wouldn't that be easier anyway? Just save the webpage I found the ad on.
"Hello one day ban." ~ Baconfish
>Liberius when he's not on Massassi<
2010-12-29, 11:36 AM #21
Originally posted by Liberius Vir:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it pretty much the same damn thing as adding something to my favorites list? Wouldn't that be easier anyway? Just save the webpage I found the ad on.

Yeah but you are so busy that clicking a link and bookmarking the page is just too much out of your way.. Even though that 2 clicks it took you to do that probably takes less time than to "save" the ad to view later.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"

↑ Up to the top!