Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → NFL playoffs thread 2010 season edition
NFL playoffs thread 2010 season edition
2011-01-02, 9:18 PM #1
The playoffs are set to start on Saturday. Your bracket is as follows

NFC:

6. Packers
vs ------------Packers play Falcons if they win, Eagles play Bears
3. Eagles

5. Saints
vs ------------Winner plays Bears w/GB win or Falcons with Phi win
4. Seahawks

AFC
6. Jets
vs ------------Jets play Pats if they win, Colts play Steelers
3. Colts

5. Ravens
vs ------------Winner plays Steelers w/NYJ win or Pats with Ind win
4. Chiefs

Not rly a bracket but it was fun to make anyway. The Packers vs Eagles is a tough call but the Sants @ Seahawks should be a joke with NO getting the win. I havent payed a lot of attention to AFC ball but seems like the Colts or Jets are equally able to choke it away. Ravens and Chiefs I know almost nothing about... But the ravens probably win on a Ray Lewis shanking a dude in the backfield.

Notable no-shows this post season:

Chargers... how can JG watch this team year after year and still have a functioning circulatory system?

Vikings... HAH

Cowboys... DOUBLE HAH

Vikings... Wait I hate them more, TRIPLE HAH

Seahawks... Oh nevermind they won their division with a losing record.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2011-01-02, 9:24 PM #2
NO MORE FAVRE

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2011-01-03, 12:15 AM #3
THE 49ERS ARE GOING TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. THAT IS MY GUARANTEE.
2011-01-03, 2:45 AM #4
Meh... Give me Hockey over professional football any day. I'ld even take college football over that junk.
"Hello one day ban." ~ Baconfish
>Liberius when he's not on Massassi<
2011-01-03, 6:39 AM #5
I'm a Raiders fan so I pretty much can't ever talk **** about anyone.

However, Romo needs to find a new team and stop ruining the cowboys.
2011-01-03, 7:55 AM #6
He's a good quarterback, but Kitna proved that he just can't lead a team anywhere. He just doesn't have those skills. And thank god they got rid of Wade Phillips.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2011-01-03, 8:26 AM #7
How about dem Bengals?

Anyone?

:carl:
2011-01-03, 8:40 AM #8
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
Notable no-shows this post season:

Chargers... how can JG watch this team year after year and still have a functioning circulatory system?

Alcohol. Lots and lots and lots of alcohol.

Ever since Norv Turner took over, we have been regressing at least playoff-wise. 2007: won 3 playoff games 2008: won two playoff games 2009: "One and Done" 2010: Playing Golf. We've been pretty radical with our regular season record. In Norv's defense (I can't believe I'm doing that), our WR corps was beat to all hell. We were pulling THIRD string guys in at one point.

Special Teams and mental preparation are what done this team in this season. We disrespected the Raiders, Bengals, and Seahawks. We thought they were chumps and responded in kind. In fact, you could see this mental mistake waaaaay back in the AFC div game last season. Chargers were thinking about the Colts before kickoff that game!

More wild football: Raiders are undefeated in the division. 6-0 in AFCW and they are staying home.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2011-01-03, 9:13 AM #9
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
How about dem Bengals?

Anyone?

:carl:

It was funny how much better Carson Palmer seemed to be when he wasn't forced to throw to Terrell Owens or Chad Ochocinco. He seemed to enjoy playing a LOT more.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2011-01-03, 9:18 AM #10
Quote:
2007: won 3 playoff games

This has to be fiction or that puts you at least in the superbowl, but everyone knows that was the Pats 1 loss year.
2011-01-03, 12:38 PM #11
Go Rams! Oh....

Go Lakers! Oh...

Lol...
666, The Number of the Beast.
664, The Bloke Next Door.
Matt Bonner, The Lebron Killer
2011-01-03, 12:57 PM #12
I was so excited when the Seahawks won last night. Rather perversely, I've wanted to see a team with a losing record in the NFL playoffs for years now.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-01-03, 2:01 PM #13
Chiefs first round, couldn't ask for anything more. Here's to a grudge match in round 2.

WE'RE COMIN FOR YOU RAPISTBERGER.

CAW CAW
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2011-01-03, 4:44 PM #14
GO PACKERS!
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2011-01-03, 6:32 PM #15
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
This has to be fiction or that puts you at least in the superbowl, but everyone knows that was the Pats 1 loss year.

WC, AFCD, AFC--no you're right. We only won two that year, my bad.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2011-01-04, 8:49 PM #16
DA BEARS.
2011-01-09, 9:37 AM #17
lol Colts

HOW ABOUT THEM SAINTS, EH!?

But unfortunately we're going to be dealing with a Steelers-Patriots AFCGG.
2011-01-09, 10:07 AM #18
Ha, the worst team to ever make it to the playoffs beat the team that won the Superbowl a little under a year ago. As a Washingtonian, all I can say is haters gonna hate.

-And GET OFF ME.
2011-01-09, 10:33 AM #19
**** YEAH SEAHAWKS
2011-01-09, 10:41 AM #20
Hate to say it, but Patriots are going to win. May they prove me wrong, but the seem unbeatable.

maeve
2011-01-09, 11:05 AM #21
i wish i could get into football sometimes
2011-01-09, 11:32 AM #22
I'm guessing a Pats / Bears superbowl.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2011-01-09, 3:32 PM #23
The only division winner to not be eliminated so far is the Seahawks. Colts and Chiefs. Hopefully this will be the Year of the Wild Card.

Bird Bowl XLV: Seahawks-Ravens BOOK IT
2011-01-09, 4:45 PM #24
PACKERS

[http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42256/rodg.gif]
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2011-01-09, 8:43 PM #25
I honestly cannot remember the last time my heart was racing so much for a Packers game. I was in Vegas in a big theater watching it with a bunch of Packers and Philly fans, and when we got that interception I just ****ing ran around and got in the face of some obnoxious Philly fan, and he looked so sad. It was awesome.

Also won me 50 bucks :)

2011-01-09, 11:25 PM #26
I'd have punched you.
2011-01-09, 11:34 PM #27
Yeah, but you're a Bears fan. It's understandable you'd be frustrated.
2011-01-10, 5:29 AM #28
I quit caring about the NFL about 5 weeks into the season (thank you Dallas). Currently, I'd like to see Seattle win it all. Not that I really care at this point.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2011-01-10, 12:58 PM #29
Originally posted by mscbuck:
I just ****ing ran around and got in the face of some obnoxious Philly fan, and he looked so sad. It was awesome.

Oh man, that guy does sound pretty obnoxious!
2011-01-10, 6:53 PM #30
...and when we got that interception I just ****ing ran around and got in the face of some obnoxious Philly fan, and he looked so sad. It was awesome.

Trust me, that Philly fan would have done far worse to you had they won. So it's a little tit-for-tat.
2011-01-10, 8:42 PM #31
Originally posted by dalf:
Trust me, that Philly fan would have done far worse to you had they won. So it's a little tit-for-tat.

Oh believe me, I know. I am well versed in Philadelphia fans having spent a decent amount of time in Pennsylvania. They truly are some of the most obnoxious and hateful people on the planet. Philly was down 21-10, and after every completion, he'd yell "GAME OVER PACKERS GAME OVER" and getting up in this Packers guy face that was sitting next to him.

I kept silent most of the game, and when we won, I went over and just ****ing laughed at him. I forgot to add that he was SO depressed that Philly lost that he was sitting in the hotel lounge by himself in a chair facing towards the wall.

I remember at a Penn State v. Ohio State game, a Ohio State player was seriously hurt, like not moving. The fan in front of me was like "GET UP YOU FUC**** PUSSY YOUR MOM SHOULD'VE HAD AN ABORTION". I told him to settle down a bit, and he told me to "f*** off".

So yeah, saberopus, just giving them a little taste of their own medicine. They booed Michael Irvin when they ended his career by breaking his leg (or collarbone). They even booed Santa. Seems like if you were into football, you'd know of their reputation.

2011-01-10, 10:01 PM #32
They booed the Blackhawks when the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup in their stadium. hah.
2011-01-10, 10:24 PM #33
Are there any decent NE/Atlantic Coast sports fans? Baltimore is about the only one I can think of. Boston, bleh. New York, bleh. Pennsylvania, bleh.
2011-01-11, 2:08 AM #34
I'm just hoping for Baltimore vs Seattle/Atlanta 'cause i hate every other team left in the playoffs. NO losing was a pretty good consolation, though
Cyclops was right
2011-01-11, 11:40 AM #35
Didn't you guys know that the city of brotherly love was sarcasm?

maeve
2011-01-11, 11:50 AM #36
you'd know of their reputation.

My comment doesn't have anything to do with their reputation :P
2011-01-12, 3:44 PM #37
I remember at a Penn State v. Ohio State game, a Ohio State player was seriously hurt, like not moving. The fan in front of me was like "GET UP YOU FUC**** PUSSY YOUR MOM SHOULD'VE HAD AN ABORTION". I told him to settle down a bit, and he told me to "f*** off".

Penn state fans are much worse than Ohio state fans when it comes to hate.. The only hate we bring is to Michigan.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2011-01-15, 5:55 PM #38
Joe Flacco. CLASSIC

2011-01-15, 7:32 PM #39
Originally posted by llibja:
PACKERS

[http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42256/rodg.gif]

*cough*

2011-01-16, 12:06 AM #40
Joe Flacco. CLASSIC

Seriously.

The whole of the Ravens just utterly collapsed the 2nd half. It was night and day.

We'll most likely get a Steelers-Patriots for AFCCG. The AFC is turning into the AL of baseball meaning you always have either a Boston, New York, or Pittsburgh team going deep in the post season. AKA the three fan bases that everyone else in the United States hates.

I will be rooting for the NFC team this Super Bowl

↑ Up to the top!