Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Metroid Prime HUD...
Metroid Prime HUD...
2011-01-03, 4:13 PM #1
Not sure if this belongs here or not, but here goes...

I downloaded the Metroid Prime: Prologue mod yesterday and was looking forward to playing it. Everything went fine until I saw the HUD...

For some odd reason, it's all screwy. The arm cannon is missing and it's off center. I messed around with a few things here and there in the game, but still got nothing. However, when I enable the slowmo command, any movement causes the HUD to flicker repeatedly, revealing the arm cannon very briefly and what it's supposed to look like.

Anyone ever have a problem like this with any other mod?

(Oh, I'm running Vista 32-bit, and using JKLauncher. Maybe it's got something to do with how I'm running the mod?)
666, The Number of the Beast.
664, The Bloke Next Door.
Matt Bonner, The Lebron Killer
2011-01-03, 7:20 PM #2
Have you tried Patch Commander?

It should still install on Vista 32 bit
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2011-01-03, 8:01 PM #3
Originally posted by Andrew L:
Have you tried Patch Commander?

It should still install on Vista 32 bit

It gives me a "Not a valid Win32 program error". That's why I'm using JKLauncher.
2011-01-03, 8:54 PM #4
The released version of the mod is fairly buggy as it was a beta. It doesn't use standard JK POV rendering for the weapons, instead it uses a cog to place a weapon model in front of the camera. That's why it flickers if the game is slowed down. :v:

Unfortunately it's been far too long since I've worked on the mod to know what the problem was. Sorry. :gonk:

One thing you might want to try is using the most up-to-date JKUP. IIRC I used some new cog verbs in the mod that might have been essential to the weapon positioning.
2011-01-03, 9:10 PM #5
Originally posted by Xzero:
The released version of the mod is fairly buggy as it was a beta. It doesn't use standard JK POV rendering for the weapons, instead it uses a cog to place a weapon model in front of the camera. That's why it flickers if the game is slowed down. :v:

One thing you might want to try is using the most up-to-date JKUP. IIRC I used some new cog verbs in the mod that might have been essential to the weapon positioning.

Ah, I see.

I have the most recent JKUP and it's still all weird .

Bah, oh well. Thanks for the help!
2011-01-03, 9:59 PM #6
I got the same problem and got it fixed somehow. I'll check my logs for a solution when I get back home.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-01-04, 1:20 PM #7
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
I got the same problem and got it fixed somehow. I'll check my logs for a solution when I get back home.

Awesome, thanks!
2011-01-05, 9:52 AM #8
Not really sure about this solution but here it goes:

You have to put the Metroid mod gob file (MetroidFusion.gob?) in a separate folder like 'Metroid', then make a .bat file including the following line:

JK.EXE -path Metroid -z

I think the -z is the important part in here, there are some versions of JKUP that require the -z in the command line and some that don't.

I think this is the solution but since I don't currently have JK installed I can't be sure.
2011-01-05, 4:10 PM #9
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Not really sure about this solution but here it goes:

You have to put the Metroid mod gob file (MetroidFusion.gob?) in a separate folder like 'Metroid', then make a .bat file including the following line:

JK.EXE -path Metroid -z

I think the -z is the important part in here, there are some versions of JKUP that require the -z in the command line and some that don't.

I think this is the solution but since I don't currently have JK installed I can't be sure.

You, my friend are amazing. It works perfectly. Thanks!

All I had to do was make it look like this:

Code:
"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Jedi Knight\JK.EXE" -windowgui -path Metroid -z

A cookie of your choice for you my friend.
2011-01-05, 11:27 PM #10
Glad to hear it worked.
2011-01-06, 1:42 AM #11
Massassis Patch Commander has a broken installer.
2011-01-06, 5:21 AM #12
Patch Commander that works is on jkdf2.net or jkhub
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2

↑ Up to the top!