Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I want to share a Youtube clip with you
I want to share a Youtube clip with you
2011-01-07, 2:37 AM #1
I was browsing Youtube and randomly came across this video, it's ancient as far as old news go, as it's from this past summer. Anyway, it's a Fox News reporter interviewing (a back then just recently appointed) Black Panther leader. Being unfamiliar with the backgrounds for this interview and knowing very little about the contemporary Black Panthers, I'm not really taking sides here and my only point is that this is probably the most absurd serious interview I've ever seen! It could be in a satire, and it provided me with some entertainment value.

Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2011-01-07, 4:24 AM #2
Is that really her serious face? Hilarious! How does anyone ever take her seriously?
And yeah, that was one stupid interview.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2011-01-07, 4:30 AM #3
That woman's pretty retarded. Though, that video has clearly been chopped up, and it's entirely possible that the BP leader said inciteful things which were cut out of the video to make the reporter look worse. (Either way, she definitely does not scream professionalism to me.)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2011-01-07, 8:52 AM #4
I don't see what that interview accomplished other than discrediting FOXNews as a valid source of information. Though I cant say that's really an accomplishment.

Hell, even I've called white people 'crackers' before.
My blawgh.
2011-01-07, 11:20 AM #5
oh no, being called a cracker! worst insult ever
DO NOT WANT.
2011-01-07, 12:04 PM #6
Megyn Kelly is highly intelligent and a fierce interviewer. The interview that hacked up video is from was regarding a New Black Panther leader, King Samir Shabazz, whose racist rants which actually prompted a thread on this site.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2011-01-07, 12:06 PM #7
do you hate jews?
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2011-01-07, 2:26 PM #8
I know we don't have many females frequenting these boards but I wonder what they think when a woman who is challenging a man for being a racist, anti-Semite, by using his own words and those of a fellow leader of the New Black Panthers, is denigrated for it.

edit italicized
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2011-01-07, 3:14 PM #9
Originally posted by Wookie06:
Megyn Kelly is highly intelligent and a fierce interviewer. The interview that hacked up video is from was regarding a New Black Panther leader, King Samir Shabazz, whose racist rants which actually prompted a thread on this site.

Exactly. I watched this interview when it happened months ago.
666, The Number of the Beast.
664, The Bloke Next Door.
Matt Bonner, The Lebron Killer
2011-01-07, 4:10 PM #10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWimULlNeFQ

watch the first 45 seconds or so of this clip... (ignore the words popping up all over the screen. the editor is a childish moron.)

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2011-01-07, 7:17 PM #11
Could you please explain why you chose that clip and how it supports your argument "that woman's pretty retarded"?

In order to help put into context her questioning of Malik Zulu Shabazz I would offer this clip:

Furthermore, I would offer a more complete picture of her and the subject at hand (part 2 seems to contain the unedited content from the video in the op):

I also offer the following videos as evidence of her analytical nature, intellect, and command of the relevant facts which especially contrasts to O'Reily's non-analytical and emotional style (although I somewhat doubt many other than MacFarlane will stick all the way through them):

2011-01-08, 12:22 AM #12
I know we don't have many females frequenting these boards but I wonder what they think when a woman who is challenging a man for being a racist, anti-Semite, by using his own words and those of a fellow leader of the New Black Panthers, is denigrated for it.

K, I admit that I was wrong in my post due to the video being heavily edited, and that there is no reason to base any kind of point of view on her because the video is very distorted and taken out of context (perhaps done through a sense of irony, it is Fox after all).

But you trying to make this about sex is absolutely ridiculous. Especially since your post seems to imply only a females post would be note-worthy on the subject. The very fact that you tried to make this about a woman being victimized for being a woman with an opinion (in a situation where clearly nothing of the sort is happening) makes YOU sexist.
2011-01-08, 12:46 AM #13
Begun, the fox wars have.
2011-01-08, 12:55 AM #14
Old news, Tibberton
2011-01-08, 3:29 AM #15
Thanks for all the information and clips, Wookie. At least now I know it's been edited entirely out of context, which is something I considered but didn't actually look into, so I did make the mistake of assuming it might be what it seems because it's on Fox News.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2011-01-08, 7:51 AM #16
Originally posted by Deadman:
But you trying to make this about sex is absolutely ridiculous. Especially since your post seems to imply only a females post would be note-worthy on the subject. The very fact that you tried to make this about a woman being victimized for being a woman with an opinion (in a situation where clearly nothing of the sort is happening) makes YOU sexist.

I didn't try to make it about anything. The clip was clearly edited and it was also clear what sort of character she was interviewing which could have at least prompted responses like "those questions are dumb but he's an idiot. hurr fox news lol". Instead we get responses making fun of her face and calling her a retard and I still don't get how the negative responses are directed at her when she's interviewing that guy.

And, no, I'm not implying that only a female's post would be worthy on the subject. That would be silly since, basically, only mine have been worthy on the subject. No, if anything, people should infer from my post that the women here should be treated with greater respect as I have seen a fair amount of sexism on this board. It could be that they don't care or are immune to it now just like women have to shrug and laugh off sexist humor in the work place.

2011-01-08, 7:55 AM #17
(although I somewhat doubt many other than MacFarlane will stick all the way through them):

Nah, the only thing I've watched in this thread was the Louis C.K. video. I think I'll quit while I'm ahead.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-01-08, 7:55 AM #18
You would probably like the two clips with O'Reilly. It's a legal argument vs. emotional argument deal.

2011-01-08, 8:28 AM #19
You're right, she does well in those clips.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-01-08, 8:35 AM #20
Could you please explain why you chose that clip and how it supports your argument "that woman's pretty retarded"?
It doesn't. I've changed my mind, and am now going with the "that video was edited to make her look like a retard." Which I guessed on in my first post (when I said, "Though, that video has clearly been chopped up, and it's entirely possible that the BP leader said inciteful things which were cut out of the video to make the reporter look worse"), though I hadn't really looked into it at that point. My video was linked to show that the guy is a racist *******.

2011-01-08, 8:55 AM #21
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
It doesn't. I've changed my mind, and am now going with the "that video was edited to make her look like a retard."

Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
You're right, she does well in those clips.

Originally posted by Krokodile:
Thanks for all the information and clips, Wookie. At least now I know it's been edited entirely out of context, which is something I considered but didn't actually look into, so I did make the mistake of assuming it might be what it seems because it's on Fox News.

Originally posted by Deadman:
K, I admit that I was wrong in my post due to the video being heavily edited, and that there is no reason to base any kind of point of view on her because the video is very distorted and taken out of context (perhaps done through a sense of irony, it is Fox after all).

My work here is done.

↑ Up to the top!