Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → smoking
smoking
2011-01-11, 12:35 AM #1
[http://www.arthurshall.com/images/custom_images/guns_girl.jpg]

o.0
2011-01-11, 12:59 AM #2
What's smoking? I don't get it.

Anyway, it reminds me of the Pink AR-15 that I tried to get my GF to rent while we were in nevada. She was too afraid so I said to hell with her and grabbed an AK, Tommy, and MP40 and made her watch while I tore up paper nazi zombie and Bin Laden targets.

[oh, now i get it....]
2011-01-11, 1:05 AM #3
[http://hackedgadgets.com/wp-content/_ultimate_machine_gun_flashlight_fork_knife.jpg]

o.0
2011-01-11, 1:13 AM #4
nice tacticlol
2011-01-11, 4:38 AM #5
that... would be such a pain in the ass to shoot.

(For the last few days we were shooting M4's with Aimpoint red dot sights (which are awesome).

Only thing that sucks about M4's though is they double feed a lot.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2011-01-11, 6:10 AM #6
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
that... would be such a pain in the ass to shoot.

(For the last few days we were shooting M4's with Aimpoint red dot sights (which are awesome).

Only thing that sucks about M4's though is they double feed a lot.

And they're a royal PITA to clean.
woot!
2011-01-11, 9:51 AM #7
Haha, DI.
2011-01-11, 6:43 PM #8
Your double feeds are probably due to your magazines dude. Inspect the feed lips and compare to a brand new GI magazine/one of the high speed types.

They are a ***** to clean though, as JLee says. Be glad you have no SAWs.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2011-01-11, 7:03 PM #9
Yeah that wouldn't surprise me. All our magazines are old as dirt.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2011-01-11, 7:39 PM #10
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
Yeah that wouldn't surprise me. All our magazines are old as dirt.

If you ever go on a deployment where you actually do VBSS ops, I highly suggest you get magpul magazines (if your command will allow them) or HK steel mags. They are legitimately worth the money in every way possible. You should at least get your own GI magazines and never put more than 28 rounds in them. The adage about leaving magazines loaded resulting in weakened springs is bull****. It does, however, result in bloomed feed lips, which is what causes double feeds. Magpul has magazine caps that prevent this (as well as having a polymer that resists it) and the HK steel mags are strong enough to leave loaded (with 28 rounds or less).

The magazine is the weakest part of the AR weapon system and while you can (sort of ) afford to have your weapon jam at 500 yards, you can't afford it while you're in the close quarters of a ****ty cargo vessel from one of the soviet satellites or Africa.

On an OT note, Greenboy is probably talking about the model.

You sick ****.
2011-01-11, 8:57 PM #11
The idea that our soldiers have to buy their own equipment sickens me.
2011-01-11, 9:02 PM #12
Such is the consequence of working in a military-industrial informed fighting force.
2011-01-11, 10:12 PM #13
Originally posted by Spook:
On an OT note, Greenboy is probably talking about the model.

You sick ****.

i posted the second picture to avoid that. >:(

o.0
2011-01-12, 4:07 AM #14
thanks for the advice, Spook. I'll look into it. I doubt they'll let me use my own equipment though. The Navy is lame about that kinda stuff sometimes. :(

2011-01-12, 6:46 AM #15
Its been a long time since I had any contact with the Army, but are they still using the M-16A2 or has it been phased out by now? maybe thats a good thing if they did.
He who controls the spice controls the universe-
2011-01-12, 8:04 AM #16
I'm not even attacking or trolling, I just had to laugh outloud imagining a grown man calling something 'gay.'

Also, you obviously have more experience with clips than I do spook, but I've replaced enough springs to know that they very much do loose their spring over time and under constant pressure. It's barely noticeable if there's not a lot of wear and tear, but I'd imagine those older clips are going to jam at least a little more often.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2011-01-12, 8:05 AM #17
That girl looks about 12 years old, and Greenboy thinks she is "Smoking".. That's what I got from this thread...
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2011-01-12, 8:21 AM #18
Same, I'm still not sure what else the smoking could be referring to, unless Greenboy likes pink guns
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2011-01-12, 9:39 AM #19
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I'm not even attacking or trolling, I just had to laugh outloud imagining a grown man calling something 'gay.'

Yeah it was early and I didn't think about my word choice.

2011-01-12, 9:55 AM #20
Originally posted by JediKirby:

Also, you obviously have more experience with clips than I do spook, but I've replaced enough springs to know that they very much do loose their spring over time and under constant pressure. It's barely noticeable if there's not a lot of wear and tear, but I'd imagine those older clips are going to jam at least a little more often.

They will naturally lose some strength, but in my experience, there is a plateau where they no longer lose strength when compressed. I haven't done any measurements or anything, maybe one of our engineering minded Massassians can enlighten us. The thing that really gets you, is dumbasses hear that rumour, and take the springs out and 'exercise' them, by stretching them out. That definitely reduces the strength of the spring.

Anyway, at least in GI mags, the only way a weakened spring is really going to interfere with the functioning is when the magazine gets dirty and the followerdoesn't have the force needed to stay level. Magpul makes really awesome replacement followers that solve 80% of the problems.

Dan, I know I have seen soldiers still using the A2, but it is being phased out by the M16A4 and the M4. I had an M16A2 in boot camp in 2006, but have always had an A4 (or a M249) since then. Actually, I guess I technically had an M16A1 at once point, but it was refurbished and accurized.
2011-01-12, 4:45 PM #21
Thanks for the info spook. When I was in Basic Training in 87 I was issued a M16A1 that was probably used way back in the Viet Nam days, one speck of dust could jam that thing, it was a piece. At my permanent duty station I was issued the A2, Much better weapon.
He who controls the spice controls the universe-

↑ Up to the top!