Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Lego Star Wars is a good game
Lego Star Wars is a good game
2011-01-12, 7:08 PM #1
Played both seperately, playing through complete saga right now, its entertaining, only have episode 6 left to do then go back and get all the canisters/redbricks

anyone ever play this?

its very easy going and light hearted
2011-01-12, 7:43 PM #2
Had fun playing the complete saga on the Wii, was amused by the lego interpretation of the story-line (not to mention laughed my ass off when Luke's hand popped off).
Even enjoyed playing it after the initial finish until I'd collected everything, which to me speaks volumes about a game.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2011-01-12, 7:54 PM #3
I have them although I haven't spent much time with most of my games (a look at gamertag wookie06 shall tell the tale). I will get around to them someday. My boy like Lego Batman the best. I help him on that occasionally.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2011-01-12, 8:04 PM #4
I enjoyed it running through with a friend. We could beat the whole game in one night sitting.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2011-01-13, 4:20 AM #5
I've got it on the PC, was quite a bit of fun and very amusing.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2011-01-13, 4:35 AM #6
I was always annoyed that the world was not made of lego in those games.
2011-01-13, 12:36 PM #7
Yes that would've been much preferable.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2011-01-13, 12:37 PM #8
Originally posted by JM:
I was always annoyed that the world was not made of lego in those games.

i see your disapointment, but i get the feeling thatd just be way too much lego
2011-01-13, 2:13 PM #9
I do not believe there is any such thing.
2011-01-13, 3:01 PM #10
I have the DS version and found it incredibly annoying. Is the camera angle the same on the other systems?
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2011-01-13, 4:09 PM #11
Screenshot of one of the minifig levels, vehicle levels could be either iso or follow views.

I would've like to be able to control the camera 360°, but I didn't find it to be too much of a hassle
$do || ! $do ; try
2011-01-13, 5:33 PM #12
I was on the Lego wiki yesterday, and they are created lego sets of expanded universe stuff..like the Tie Defender from the old Tie Fighter game from '94...

I was also looking at old old legos like the western ones...they had a McDonalds drivethrough set from the early early 90s that had 88 pieces, and its going for 130 bucks on Amazon..
2011-01-13, 6:29 PM #13
Yeah, fun game, good for co-op. Picked it up last year. Coming to think of it, I still need to finish the last episode.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2011-01-13, 7:19 PM #14
That's funny that this thread appears now. My wife bought the complete Saga for me on our new Wii, and even though she's not a gamer, and has shunned games many times, she really likes Lego Star Wars.

I also have the separate trilogies for the PC, and I like the Wii much more.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2011-01-13, 7:23 PM #15
Star Wars is pretty good, Batman is pretty good, Harry Potter is awesome.

Indiana Jones? Eh, those two are skippable.
2011-01-13, 7:33 PM #16
Is Lego HP all 7 books?
2011-01-13, 7:38 PM #17
Originally posted by JM:
Is Lego HP all 7 books?

i believe only 1-4 are out now, i think ill wait for the complete series before i downlo-, i mean, buy the game
2011-01-13, 7:42 PM #18
Yeah, only 1-4. 5-7 is supposed to come out later this year. I'm guessing they're going to try to release it sometime around the release of Deathly Hallows Part 2. That would make the most sense.

HP 1-4 was easily my favorite LEGO game though.
2011-01-14, 6:06 AM #19
That's the only one I hadn't played yet. I'll get around to it sometime.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2011-01-14, 9:43 AM #20
Originally posted by Couchman:
before i downlo-, i mean, buy the game

What is this, 2002?
2011-01-14, 2:01 PM #21
yea, I love the lego games

Really fun to play with a friend. I only own the Star Wars Complete Saga, but I've played thru the Indiana Jones one. Haven't played Batman.
2011-01-14, 3:16 PM #22
Originally posted by Darth:
HP 1-4 was easily my favorite LEGO game though.

It seems to me that it got the weakest reviews (I could be wrong, though). I have a couple Lego Star Wars games, one being the complete saga, Batman, and the first Indy title. I'll probably wait and see if there is a complete Indy and HP in the future. On my Acekard in the DS I have Star Wars, Batman, and Indy 1, I believe.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2011-01-14, 6:19 PM #23
Oh, hey, Lego Star Wars III.

Originally posted by Couchman:
I was on the Lego wiki yesterday, and they are created lego sets of expanded universe stuff..like the Tie Defender from the old Tie Fighter game from '94...

Yeah. I actually started this thread awhile back. I was tempted to buy one.

2011-01-14, 7:11 PM #24
On the note of lego games, any one play some of the origale lego games (lego island, Alpha team, ect..)?
"The quality of the levels you make is determined by the skill of the person not by the editor in which they use!"-Michael Kyle
Ogel's City
2011-01-14, 7:44 PM #25
Originally posted by Wookie06:

I thought the release date for that got pushed back. Well, ok, it's already been pushed back. It was originally slated for 2010.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2011-01-14, 8:33 PM #26
Originally posted by Wookie06:
Oh, hey, Lego Star Wars III.

Yeah. I actually started this thread awhile back. I was tempted to buy one.

I got my nephew that set for Christmas. He's a huge LEGO Star Wars nut. Unfortunately he didn't really understand what it was from, he just wanted it cause it was Star Wars. Thankfully my brother knew exactly what it was from, since we used to play the **** out of TIE Fighter.
2011-01-14, 9:53 PM #27
Originally posted by Ogel45:
On the note of lego games, any one play some of the origale lego games (lego island, Alpha team, ect..)?

I played Lego Island to death.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2011-01-14, 11:54 PM #28
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
I played Lego Island to death.

Back at my parent's I should still have the CDs for LEGO Trains, Racer and Chess, I think.
$do || ! $do ; try
2011-01-15, 6:26 AM #29
Wish I could get lego racers 1 to work on Vista
2011-01-15, 8:58 AM #30
I also play Lego Racers for hours on end before too. I knew all the shortcuts :awesome:

I also had some kind of RTS mining one, but I never ended up playing it very much. Wish I could remember it...
I had a blog. It sucked.

↑ Up to the top!