Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Help I cant upload!
Help I cant upload!
2011-01-15, 9:10 AM #1
I am announcing that "Operation Nar Shaddaa" (formerly project) is ready to be released finally through the level submission here on Massassi but it may be too large. Its a rar. file of 55.9 megs and it only goes 3/4ths of the sending process through my email and gives me a error report. On JKhub.net it goes forever as it seems to begin an upload process as it may not work there as well either. I would love it if anybody could give me some useful suggestions.
He who controls the spice controls the universe-
2011-01-15, 9:18 AM #2
Use a file upload service like MegaUpload or similar. Then post link in email (PM an admin and harass him until he uploads the file to Massassi).

Avoid Rapidshare though. Horrible place.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2011-01-15, 9:33 AM #3
Is MegaUpload kind of safe to use?

Im going to give it a shot anyway. I have everything that I produced on a usb flash drive and on several cd-rom's in case I eff up my computer. Thanks Echoman
2011-01-15, 9:48 AM #4
MegaUpload is awful.

Sign up for Dropbox (http://db.tt/Z82F5N3 and you get extra space!) , and throw it in the public folder there. It may not be the fastest, but it is reliable and easy.
2011-01-15, 9:51 AM #5
Why RAR?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2011-01-15, 9:52 AM #6
That's a good question too, it should be zipped, not RAR.
2011-01-15, 9:56 AM #7
I thought people mostly know how to open .rar these days.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2011-01-15, 10:01 AM #8
Yeah, zips got really complicated now.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2011-01-15, 10:18 AM #9
Did Fastgamerr use drop box, cause I looked at his file size of his down load of TODOA and of course another 100 megs bigger than my project. I just looked at Mega upload and Im not really too 100% about it. I'll investigate dropbox and see what it has in store. So what would be better Zip or Rar files?

btw: Im glad you saw this post Cool Matty!;)
2011-01-15, 10:29 AM #10
I uploaded TODOA first at ModDB, then gave the link to CM and he uploaded it on Massassi.

TODOA.rar is 308MB in filesize whereas TODOA.zip was 450MB (or 470MB, something like that), but since Massassi had zips only I decided to ZIP it up at Filefront and then send the link to CM. Unfortunately the zip was corrupted so I uploaded the RAR at ModDB instead since the filesize was smaller anyhow. CM was supposed to turn it into a ZIP then but I guess he just figured out uploading the RAR would save everybody's time.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-01-15, 10:46 AM #11
Hmm! Just looked at ModDb and looks as promising to, I think I may go with dropbox and then also only for the curiosity of it I'll place it in Moddb as well afterwards.

Thanks Guys wish me luck.
2011-01-15, 10:47 AM #12
Keep in mind that for ModDB you need to wait for a certain time (ranging from a few hours to maybe 1-2 days... at best) until they authorize your mod (as well as the download if you upload it at the same time). So I guess uploading it to Dropbox (or Mediafire or something) first would be faster.
2011-01-15, 11:10 AM #13
Always zip the files. We have had some RARs on the site, but I really, really encourage you not to. I don't want to force people to download extra software just to open mods/levels up, all for saving a couple MB.
2011-01-15, 11:12 AM #14
Then drop box and zip file it is. Im hoping to have this on the big "triple Doublyahh dot kahm" one way or another this weekend.
2011-01-15, 3:24 PM #15
Yeah!
2011-01-15, 6:12 PM #16
UPDATE: I think I successfully got this upload problem solved but i was just wondering if this email is still active cause according to the submissions link massassifiles@sorrowind.net is not highlighted at the submissions page. If any admin sees this post (CM) let me know if this is the proper address.
2011-01-15, 7:33 PM #17
Yes that is the correct email address, and I got your email.
2011-01-15, 7:40 PM #18
You might want to check in the gob file, often when creating it will just put all the resources in there irrespective of whether they were used. A couple of times I've looked in people's levels and found it's picked up some wip .jkl's that were lying around.
2011-01-16, 12:30 AM #19
The first level (after the opening cutscene level) cannot load (gives the usual 'ERROR CANNOT LOAD LEVEL' error), I checked through the levels in debug mode and every other level except for Epilogue (and Big City Nights) seems to load fine. At least on my end.

Is 'Big City Nights' identical to your Nar level from the contest?
2011-01-16, 8:01 AM #20
Uh oh thats not good. I was afraid that something like this was going to happen. It loads up on my PC, but I guess it doesnt on yours. I'll see what I can do. I didnt beta test this on another PC. The first playable level 'Big City Nights' is actually the same as the demo, but its extended much further and has been modified a little. I will try this on another PC.
2011-01-16, 9:29 AM #21
UPDATE:

I think I know what the problem is and I feel very embarrassed now. Its a key file in the beginning of level 02, I altered this key file '08vshtl.key' and changed the name of it. I remembered awhile back that it worked when I tested the level from its jke format, but when I saved the file as a gob. it would not load. So I placed it in the resource folder of JK and it worked, BUT! I didnt take into consideration that this would work as well on other PC's.

Im going to have to use a whole different cog for the beginning of level 02 (09startlevelcog). This should be corrected later some time today. Did you notice that Kyle didnt fly in the Moldy Crow this time? Im deeply sorry guys and I feel like an idiot. Its just like going to a good movie and the projector breaks down.
My apologies.:(

↑ Up to the top!