Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 10 Billion Apps downloaded via iTunes
10 Billion Apps downloaded via iTunes
2011-01-22, 2:29 AM #1
I had a crack at trying to download on the stroke of 10 billion for hilarious freebies. Anyone else?

(I only tried because I happened to notice it was passing just now. I wouldn't have set an alarm in the middle of the night or anything)

If I'm the only saddo who tried, how about we also throw in a "what's the app you use the most and why?" while we're at it?

Mine is Simplenote. It's awesome, and links my to-do list betwixt three computers and my iphone. Most useful.
2011-01-22, 2:42 AM #2
I am proud to say I've never downloaded an app to my phone. I just want to be able to call/text people without the crapp.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2011-01-22, 6:27 AM #3
Winamp or Twitter for Android
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2011-01-22, 8:27 AM #4
Grooveshark is probably my #1, followed closely by Pandora.

I have a TON of apps I really like though:

Trillian
Tweetdeck
TI-86 emulator
SoundHound (awesome at bars)
Remote Desktop (works surprisingly well and fast)
LastPass (with browser integration = winnar)
K-9 Mail (best email client ever)
Google Goggles (Great for translating text or solving Sudokus, haha)
ES File Explorer (Great file manager, best used for SMB shares)
DocsToGo (Office, except smaller)
Chrome-To-Phone (You have no idea how useful it is to send text/urls/maps to the phone from PC. Works with Firefox too despite the name)
Dolphin Browser HD (Not the greatest looks, but it is extremely customizable and supports addons like LastPass)
Dropbox
All the various emulators, even the PS1 emulator.

Originally posted by Ni:
I am proud to say I've never downloaded an app to my phone. I just want to be able to call/text people without the crapp.

Do you even have a smartphone? If you have a smartphone and don't have apps, that's like having a PC without any programs installed. Pretty dumb, really.
2011-01-22, 8:42 AM #5
Originally posted by Ni:

This. Now insert a grating post from CM about smartphones.

[Edit: TOO LATE!]
nope.
2011-01-22, 8:52 AM #6
You have to admit Baconfish, getting a smartphone and not using it ... as a smartphone ... is pretty dumb. Any old phone can call and text.
2011-01-22, 9:11 AM #7
He never said he had one. :P
nope.
2011-01-22, 9:29 AM #8
That's why I said if and asked. NICE TRY BACO.
2011-01-22, 11:55 AM #9
Simmer down!
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2011-01-22, 1:58 PM #10
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Do you even have a smartphone? If you have a smartphone and don't have apps, that's like having a PC without any programs installed. Pretty dumb, really.

I rarely use most of the apps on my phone. Not because it's webOS but just because I don't usually find a need. But being "proud" of "not using apps" sounds like anticonformist silliness.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2011-01-22, 2:22 PM #11
The number one app I actually use, but didn't think it was worth mentioning, is actually the browser. Having the ability to really Google/Wikipedia anywhere is so useful. Even when I'm with my grandparents, something will come up in conversation, and my grandpa will be like "hey, use that superphone of yours and look that up". :P
2011-01-22, 2:55 PM #12
  • Angry Birds
  • Epicurious
  • Facebook
  • Flashlight
  • Grocery iQ
  • iBooks
  • iMovie
  • Instagram
  • Mint
  • Netflix
  • Pandora
  • Tip Calculator

Note: I use a few of the "apps" (e.g: iBooks & Netflix) on my list on my iPad instead of my iPhone because of the larger screen. My iPhone is mostly for business & my iPad is mostly for pleasure. I was using Google Maps for my deliveries but lately I've been using Bing Maps instead (the directions appear to be more accurate in my area).
? :)

↑ Up to the top!