Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Movies you should see:
Movies you should see:
2011-01-23, 12:51 PM #1
The King's Speech
The Way Back.

Both based on true stories. Both taking place in and around WWII, neither of them war movies.
That is all.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2011-01-23, 1:04 PM #2
I've been wanting to see The King's Speech, but I'm just going to wait for it on Netflix. It looks good, though.

Never heard of The Way Back, but it looks good, too.
Warhead[97]
2011-01-23, 1:24 PM #3
I had never heard of "The Way Back" either, but my dad is a big Ed Harris fan and I talked in blind, not knowing what it was about. It was ridiculously good. Not oscar worthy like the king's speech, but whatever the level just below oscar worthy is. It kinda made me think of the Shawshank redemption in the sense of it being ignored but being really good.

It's basically about Some people who escape the Russian Gulag prison in Siberia and are forced to walk across half of Europe all the way to Frickin INDIA. Many of them die along the way. They're avoiding communism because they're fugitives.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2011-01-23, 4:08 PM #4
hey look, they made a movie about CoD black ops mission 2 vorkuta!
2011-01-23, 5:03 PM #5
It really detracts from the drama of a moment when:

Quote:
*throws down paper*
"Sign the confession."
*woman sobs*
POPUP JIMMY JOHN'S SUBS SO FAST YOU'LL FREAK
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2011-01-23, 5:23 PM #6
I have a book about the same story that The Way Back is about. I really ought to get around to reading it...

↑ Up to the top!