Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → X-Wing Alliance Update Guide
X-Wing Alliance Update Guide
2011-01-24, 6:20 PM #1
I know a few people still linger around here that work on and or play X-Wing Alliance. I'm wondering if someone could create a pack with all of the necessary updates (both official and unofficial) to fully enjoy X-Wing Alliance on modern day systems.

I have found some threads on other forums dating back to 2004, but I'm wanting all the latest and greatest enhancements that are up to date. I know there is the http://www.xwaupgrade.com/ website, but they do not have a package for whatever reason, so downloading 100+ ships and installing them individually is not what I would prefer to do. I also noticed there were some audio enhancements and other graphical enhancements that all seem to be separate.

If anyone has knowledge on the subject I would love to have some direction. Even if you cannot upload a RAR of this, could we at least get the links to download all of the necessary files?

Thanks!
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2011-01-24, 6:30 PM #2
Audio enhancements? That's new to me. I just use XWAUP, and yes I do install them individually.
2011-01-24, 7:08 PM #3
Going to slightly hijack this. Is there any way to use the 360 controller for this, now that I no longer have a joystick? I might try and get my XWA disks to read (they're badly scratched) if so.
2011-01-24, 7:13 PM #4
xpadder would work

o.0
2011-01-24, 7:14 PM #5
CM, I read it's possible which is partly why I wanted to get all of this stuff in the first place. :)
Author of the JK levels:

2011-01-24, 7:17 PM #6
I've done it, though it's pretty terrible compared to a real stick.
2011-01-25, 4:06 AM #7
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
I have found some threads on other forums dating back to 2004, but I'm wanting all the latest and greatest enhancements that are up to date. I know there is the http://www.xwaupgrade.com/ website, but they do not have a package for whatever reason, so downloading 100+ ships and installing them individually is not what I would prefer to do. I also noticed there were some audio enhancements and other graphical enhancements that all seem to be separate.

The Ultimate Craft Pack (UCP) installs most of the ships in one go, so you don't have to do everything individually. D/l it from Darksaber's site. Unless you install a total conversion, there is no master download. It's been asked for before, and there's really no interest to make one.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2011-01-25, 6:01 AM #8
Ultimate Craft Pack is buggy as hell tho
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2011-01-25, 6:12 AM #9
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
T It's been asked for before, and there's really no interest to make one.

There's interest now. Would it be that difficult for those who already have it all set up to make an archive of the add-ons?
Author of the JK levels:

2011-01-25, 4:16 PM #10
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
There's interest now. Would it be that difficult for those who already have it all set up to make an archive of the add-ons?

Darksaber's site is the effective archive. To make a new distribution would require trying to track down people who disappeared years ago. Darksaber himself doesn't give a **** anymore these days.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2011-01-25, 5:30 PM #11
Man, could you imagine JKE if each model was made by seperate people?

↑ Up to the top!