Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Text message causes premature detonation of suicide bomber
Text message causes premature detonation of suicide bomber
2011-01-28, 5:15 PM #1
http://www.leaderpost.com/news/Text+message+blows+suicide+bomber+accident/4172966/story.html

:awesome:

Quote:
A "Black Widow" suicide bomber planned a terrorist attack in central Moscow on New Year's Eve but was killed when an unexpected text message set off her bomb too early, according to Russian security sources.

The unnamed woman, who is thought to be part of the same group that struck Moscow's Domodedovo airport on Monday, intended to detonate a suicide belt near Red Square on New Year's Eve in an attack that could have killed hundreds.

Security sources believe a message from her mobile phone operator wishing her a happy new year received just hours before the planned attack triggered her suicide belt, killing her at a safe house.

Islamist terrorists in Russia often use mobile phones as detonators. The bomber's handler, who is usually watching their charge, sends the bomber a text message in order to set off his or her explosive belt at the moment when it is thought they can inflict maximum casualties.

The dead woman has not been identified, but her husband is apparently serving time in jail for being a member of a radical Islamist terror group.

Security sources believe the New Year's Eve bomber and the airport bombers may have been members of a suicide squad trained in Pakistan's al-Qaida strongholds which was sent to target the Russian capital's transport system.

Nobody has been arrested in connection with Monday's bombing, which left 35 people dead. Police are trying to identify the severed head of a male suicide bomber recovered from the scene.

© Copyright (c) The Daily Telegraph
woot!
2011-01-28, 5:24 PM #2
lol @ reds
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2011-01-28, 5:35 PM #3
that sounds like an episode of bones i saw... no really, it does.
I'm proud of my life and the things that I have done, proud of myself and the loner I've become.
2011-01-28, 5:39 PM #4
This is good news.
2011-01-28, 11:34 PM #5
And this year's Darwin Award goes to...

-Man, Russia's having a rough time of it aren't they.
2011-01-29, 3:48 PM #6
It definitely isn't funny... but it kind of is.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2011-01-29, 4:00 PM #7
No no, it's pretty funny. In that kind of "hah! Take that *****!" kind of way.
The only way it could have been better is if maybe itwas her mom calling to make sure she remembered her lunch.... Sorry that's really morbid.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-01-29, 5:42 PM #8
Or her mum wishing her good luck on the operation.

"best of luck tonight, sweetie!!!! take care..."
2011-01-30, 8:44 PM #9
Russia's really stepping up their fireworks displays.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2011-01-30, 11:01 PM #10
I don't even understand what they're talking about. Islamist terrorists in Russia? When did that become an issue there?
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2011-01-31, 12:35 AM #11
Really? That's like...the oldest news.
Warhead[97]
2011-01-31, 2:27 AM #12
and I thought my[/b] premature detonations were bad :awesomelon:
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.

↑ Up to the top!