Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So NAIT accepted my application.
So NAIT accepted my application.
2011-06-30, 11:07 PM #1
**** yes, going to go to college and become a professional computer janitor, all my dreams are coming true! :D

Who else has school things going on?
2011-07-01, 12:14 AM #2
Not since 2005.

/oldfart
2011-07-01, 12:25 AM #3
I am eligible for the MS student discount, woo.
2011-07-01, 12:49 AM #4
Congrats!

I was originally gonna graduate this year (2011) but I took some time off so I'm graduating next year (2012). Incidentally I'm working at MS during the summer. Don't some Massassians (Emon? Grismath?) work here?
一个大西瓜
2011-07-01, 6:54 AM #5
Good work, Tibbay!
2011-07-01, 10:57 AM #6
Whoa, Pommy you're an intern here? What position and team? Grismath and I work here, and Brian and happydud also live in the Seattle area.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2011-07-01, 11:02 AM #7
The only "school" I'm doing right now is taking a couple improv acting classes (the first of which I finished last Monday), but it's just for life enrichment mostly, not for any academic record. I graduated back in 2008 (though if I had been a good student, it would have been 2005). I don't see myself going back for any sort of graduate degree, but it could be nice to continue taking random classes for enrichment when I have the time and money, as I've really felt I've gotten a lot out of the improv classes.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2011-07-01, 11:16 AM #8
After 2 years I decided to apply for the University again. This time I chose something history related because I figured out that, hey, if I play my cards right and become the owner of a museum in the future, I might as well put TODOA in there! Hooray!

18 days left to find out if I got accepted.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-07-01, 1:31 PM #9
I graduated back in May 2010 with a BBA in Management Information Systems. I'm now employed as a programmer (official title is Systems Analyst) with a company that does point-of-sale systems for restaurants - mainly pizza places. My intentions are to start working on an MS in Information Systems in the fall of 2012, then possibly look into a doctoral program at some point after that.
2011-07-01, 2:11 PM #10
Last time I was in school was 2004. Woulda gradded college in 2005 if life hadn't happened.

But congrats to you!

(Apparently, Geb, Martyn, and I are the old farts...)
2011-07-01, 2:25 PM #11
I am working on a vocational film production degree and trying not to hurt any of my classmates or instructors.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2011-07-01, 6:52 PM #12
I am currently working towards a Cert. IV in vet nursing.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2011-07-01, 8:23 PM #13
Originally posted by Tibby:
I am eligible for the MS student discount, woo.

Discount? All my MSDNAA **** is free.

(I'm in tech school for Computer Systems as of June 9th.)
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2011-07-02, 1:34 AM #14
Originally posted by Al Ciao:
Last time I was in school was 2004. Woulda gradded college in 2005 if life hadn't happened.But congrats to you!(Apparently, Geb, Martyn, and I are the old farts...)
Yup, I graduated from a four year Masters in 05, I'm 28. Or OLD as it's more commonly known.
2011-07-02, 1:39 AM #15
MANTRAIN!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-07-02, 1:40 AM #16
ALL ABOARD!
2011-07-02, 2:29 PM #17
Dropped out of uni the first time and now I'm halfway through a Mech Eng degree.

I can't say I'm a fan of university so after the summer I might ask to get bumped down to the Bachelors programme and just get it all out of the way.
nope.
2011-07-02, 3:07 PM #18
I dropped out of HS in senior year, 2006, due to health problems that kept me riveted to the bathroom floor. I was about a credit from graduation, I believe. A health credit, of course.
That summer, when I'd finally gotten over my bout of pancreogallblatteroentiredigestivesysteminvertingosis, I tried going to the local community college to finish off that health credit, then I'd do a bit of catchup, then transfer over to a college that accepted my AP english credits. Then, my mom's heart stopped a few times and she ended up on oxygen 24/7 with a defibrillator installed in her heart and needed someone to take care of her, so I dropped out and did that.
And here I am four years later, still doing that. Which reminds me, every year we have to do ten hours of upkeep training because, you know, being a certified live-in caregiver you need to be at least a little bit aware of what to look out for, not as much as say a pet groomer who has to do like 72 hours.
:|
Of course, the benefits are pretty good. I get paid about 600 a month, I have to live with my mother until she eventually dies, my schedule doesn't reflect the actual work I do because nobody in this state wants to pay taxes to pay for anything including health care, I don't get any health insurance, and with my mom being disabled as well most of my paycheck has to go to our rent or her medical bills, but at least I get to sit at home and do nothing but surf the internet or watch my mother wither away all day every day.

-The moral of the story is don't try to do or be anything, and don't bother planning, because random chance can destroy anything good in a heartbeat and once you're down you can never ever get back up. Life never gets better, so try to at least struggle to stay above the surface as long as you can until eventually bills and the unrelenting horror of the world finally pull you under and you find your own special way to give up forever.
2011-07-02, 3:07 PM #19
Originally posted by Zecks:
then possibly look into a doctoral program at some point after that.

That's a great way to become unemployable.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2011-07-02, 3:12 PM #20
Also, what's NAIT?

-(My method of blocking out what my life is like is to buy and play with transformers whenever I get the money, a very good distraction).
2011-07-02, 3:20 PM #21
Originally posted by Jarl:
Also, what's NAIT?
NAIT is a technical and trade school that will accept anybody with a credit card and a D+ high school average.

Their computer janitor program is a 2-year professional certification. I used to know someone with one, the last time I talked to him he was packing candy for $9 an hour.
2011-07-02, 3:23 PM #22
Yup, that sounds about right.

-See above regarding the moral of the story.

↑ Up to the top!