Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Space Shuttle Atlantis
Space Shuttle Atlantis
2011-07-08, 9:35 AM #1
Surprised this isn't up already. Today was the final launch of Atlantis. We had it up on the big VC screen in our office all afternoon. Was really quite emotional I thought.

Could have done without the patriotic rhetoric though...

Edit: http://www.nasa.gov/ for videos
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2011-07-08, 9:36 AM #2
We watched it here at work on the NASA website
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2011-07-08, 9:47 AM #3
Nice, I watched some of it streaming too. The quality was pretty good, I'm pretty sure the last shuttle launch I watched years ago wasnt in HD.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2011-07-08, 11:09 AM #4
Watched it on BBC News. Really surreal watching the on-board cameras through the ascent. Clouds and falling boosters and bits of metal and suddenly space.

.(
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2011-07-08, 12:17 PM #5
i really hope this is not the begining of the decline of american involvment in space exploration.

AWESOME launch video though!!! :D
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-07-09, 5:52 AM #6
I had tears in my eyes watching it. If I was American I'd have gone to the Kennedy Space Center for sure to see it.
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2011-07-09, 8:56 AM #7
and on that last shuttle mission is the first smartphone in space... which happens to be an android powered phone (i bet steve jobs was curled up in a fetal position crying himself to sleep on a pile of money)
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2011-07-09, 9:24 AM #8
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
i really hope this is not the begining of the decline of american involvment in space exploration.

AWESOME launch video though!!! :D

uh no it's like the midpoint of the decline of american involvement in space exploration

:cool:
2011-07-09, 1:17 PM #9
It's the end, my friend.

↑ Up to the top!