Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Pommy's Poll #69: People from interwebz
Pommy's Poll #69: People from interwebz
2011-07-12, 11:06 PM #1
Today I had dinner and chilled with Grismath, happydud, and Emon. It was the first time I've ever met someone I knew online in person. Except for this one other time now that I think about it where I ran into a bboy I knew online at a dance thing but that doesn't count.

Edit: And uhh ignore the fact that the poll entirely skips "between 10 and 20". Or maybe someone can add that in <_<
一个大西瓜
2011-07-12, 11:24 PM #2
Let's see...in no particular order:
  1. happydud
  2. sugarless
  3. fishstickz
  4. Madquack
  5. mb
  6. Hebedee
  7. DarkJediBob
  8. Ping_Me
  9. roxima
  10. Sarn Cadrill
  11. Janitor Bob
  12. Al Ciao/Highemperor
  13. Krig the Viking
  14. The Last True Evil
  15. GHORG (I admit I may be mixing up a name here)
  16. Ford
  17. CoolMatty
  18. poley/James Bond
  19. anakinpaul
  20. Dormouse
  21. Acheolis

And that's just from Massassi (though I feel horrible having the thought I forgot someone)! I've met a number of non-Massassians I only knew on the Internet before I met them in person as well. And I hope to meet more!

NOTE: I didn't add Mirthy or any other of sugarless's friends from college that posted here because I'm fairly certain I met them in person beforehand.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2011-07-12, 11:33 PM #3
If we're just counting Massassians, my list:

1. Pommy
2. Grismath
3. Emon
4. MBeggar
5. Fishstickz
6. Madquack
7. DSehttar
8. GrndAdmrlThrwn
9. Brian
10. Geb
11. Sugarless
12. Mirthy
13. Dormouse
14. Hebedee
15. DarkJediBob (almost forgot about this one!)
16. RingMaster481
17. Rob

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few people.. will edit as I remember them.

If we're counting parkour people, I can't count that high.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2011-07-12, 11:38 PM #4
I've met two Massassians (Cavey and Anovis) and a bunch of people from http://www.pelit.fi/forum
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2011-07-12, 11:56 PM #5
Only mb. Not sure whether that's "1-5" or "more than 20."
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-07-13, 12:07 AM #6
I wish Massassi had likes or +1s so I could upvote you Mr. Michael MacFarlane
一个大西瓜
2011-07-13, 12:18 AM #7
Nobody from Massassi. Bunch of people from car web sites (thirdgen.org) and a bunch of people from gaming clans.
2011-07-13, 12:33 AM #8
Kirb and SilC. I think I've seen Jorbo a few times, he works at a grocery store I go to at school, but I've never been sure its him.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2011-07-13, 2:21 AM #9
Haven't met anyone from here, but have met a couple of people from other places.
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2011-07-13, 3:15 AM #10
None. Internet people tend to be nutso. I only interact with internet people from this forum and SC2, so that might have something to do with it. Anyway, internet personas can be very different than IRL personas.

One time I met this girl on SC2. She said she was "not hot but cute", intelligent, and that she owned a phone sex business. I got her FB url, and it turned out she was a 30 year old fugly WHALE of a woman who graduated from some small no-name Canadian liberal arts college with an associates degree. Phone sex business part was true though.

Other girl I met from SC2 was a 28 year old depressed psycho emo goth girl. She actually looked somewhat cute but in a very nerdy way (I'd give her a... 4/10).

Moral of story: gamer girls are fugly. However, if you're a creep like me, it's very easy to get their FBs.
2011-07-13, 4:04 AM #11
I've met the RIT-ians, and a lot of guys from the GE.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2011-07-13, 5:04 AM #12
None, though I did once meet some internet people that I didn't know at that time. That was confusing.

Also Pommy did Dud tell you you suck? I told him to tell you you suck. :D
nope.
2011-07-13, 5:48 AM #13
I think this begs the next poll, "How many people from the internet have you slept with?"
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2011-07-13, 5:48 AM #14
4. The answer is 4.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2011-07-13, 5:52 AM #15
From Massassi, I think I've met:
1: happydud
2: Gebohq
3: Wolfy
4: Silence (and that was a bad idea, frankly)

From some old/other fora, BBS, and mailing lists probably close to a dozen. Then if we count okcupid also.

Edit: ragna, the moral for your story sucks. :o
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2011-07-13, 6:16 AM #16
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2011-07-13, 6:17 AM #17
Just one. I wonder how many people I've unwittingly met from the internet, though.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2011-07-13, 6:17 AM #18

Hopefully stays that way :colbert:
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-07-13, 6:19 AM #19
I said 1-5, but I didn't really stop to count.

1. Fishstickz
2. Happydud
3. Geb
4. MB
5. Madquack
5. JLee
6. Mirthy (does she count?)
7. Hebedee
8. DarkJediBob

So I guess my vote should be switched to 6-10
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2011-07-13, 6:31 AM #20
I feel like I'm forgetting someone, but I have only ever met Genki from Massassi, and 3 other people from various other things.

A list of Massassians whos screen names coincidentally almost all start with G that I will almost certainly meet in person if I have any say in it:

GoY
Zloc
Geb
Gris
Emon

People I would see if the opportunity arose:

Ruth
MB
CM
Meavie
Wolvie
Wolfy
Someone I forgot Baconfish (but only because he cried)
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2011-07-13, 6:47 AM #21
;_;
nope.
2011-07-13, 6:52 AM #22
I was actually specifically going to include you but we haven't talked online in at least 3 years, so I thought you didn't like me or something :( I'll come if you'll have me, baby!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2011-07-13, 6:55 AM #23
Originally posted by Dormouse:

(Why?)
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2011-07-13, 7:02 AM #24
I've only met, 1 massassian I believe, but from car enthusiasts sites and buying things I've met up with many people from the internets.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2011-07-13, 7:50 AM #25
I have known Phantom_Seraph my whole life...

I don't think I have enough in common with most of the people on here so I haven't sought any of you out despite being in your areas at times.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2011-07-13, 8:10 AM #26
Oh yeah? Well I've known stickz and dud for like 12 years! If you add both of them together, that equals my whole life. And I LIVED with Mirthy for 2 years. Hmph. :P

No, I see what you mean, but it can be interesting to meet people you know online, if only briefly, even if you don't have much in common. Sometimes super-awkward, but usually pretty interesting.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2011-07-13, 8:33 AM #27
Pretty sure only 4 from massassi

1. Geb
2. MB
3. Antestarr (not on geb's list because he knew him before massassi)
4. SemiEvil (see above)

i dont really do other websites so thats about it.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2011-07-13, 11:05 AM #28

Yeah... I remember when he hung out on #thechannelthatmustnotbenamedthatyoushouldreallycomebackto, I chatted with him a bit there. He seemed a bit... unstable.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2011-07-13, 11:09 AM #29
I have never met an internet man. Someday I hope to meet Gebohq.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2011-07-13, 11:32 AM #30
No peeps.
2011-07-13, 12:13 PM #31
I WANNA MEET MASSASSIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right Now

Meet at uno's in chicago in an hour. ok? GO!!!!!

PS- Free money and you get to **** my girlfriend to those who show up!

EDIT- OK, so maybe not the last thing....
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2011-07-13, 12:24 PM #32
I dont think Ive ever met a Massassian, but I have met JK payers and someone from xwaupgrade forums.
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2011-07-13, 12:34 PM #33
One one person online, but no one from massassi :(...speaking of which, any southern california massassians planning any... Things...?
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-07-13, 1:55 PM #34
Originally posted by sugarless:
Sometimes super-awkward, but usually pretty interesting.

If we hang out I can totally deliver on this.

:ninja:

creepy....
2011-07-13, 1:59 PM #35
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
One one person online, but no one from massassi :(...speaking of which, any southern california massassians planning any... Things...?

If I get deployed again I will be in San Diego/29 Palms area and we can get drunk and run into the ocean if you want. But that wont be for a while...
2011-07-13, 2:09 PM #36

Hmm... I've got some strange, fuzzy memories coming back...
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2011-07-13, 3:27 PM #37
I am closest to Wolfy, and after that, Wookie. I'ma go check up on him for y'all. Unfortunately, this would require going to Manhattan, KS, which is a mistake.
2011-07-13, 3:33 PM #38
Originally posted by Spook:
If I get deployed again I will be in San Diego/29 Palms area and we can get drunk and run into the ocean if you want. But that wont be for a while...

Sweet!!!
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-07-13, 3:54 PM #39
Originally posted by maevie:
Hmm... I've got some strange, fuzzy memories coming back...

Emphasis on the strange, yeah. You and dud were so there; just, not a very stable/healthy person (even from the set of Internet People). He and I actually hung out several times, which led my parents to ask me if we were dating, which led to me ironically trying to reassure them (in one of the most awkward conversations of my pre-adult life) by explaining that I wasn't actually attracted to men. I'm not sure if they worried less, or more after that..
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2011-07-13, 4:12 PM #40
I guess if I had to count people from dating, the number would be four, but I really only consider it 1, which is Gebohq. I just don't have the opporunity to meet many people from the internets around here.

The only person I am strongly considering visiting is landfish (because he's very close by), but I am afraid he might cry if I kick his ass at Smash Bros. too hard.

↑ Up to the top!