Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 3D printing thread
3D printing thread
2011-08-01, 5:28 AM #1
What's the most have you done with 3D printing? How did it work with materials (plastic, powder, etc.?)

I was thinking about building a modest 3D printer by fitting a CNC milling machine (another working project that I helped on) with the 3D printer components. The thing has 3 stepper motors for the movement of the head (switchable from a router), but I still haven't ordered a heated plastic extruder and a controller for it.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2011-08-01, 7:41 AM #2
I made a sculpture of my penis out of semi frozen peanut butter as a gesture of seduction a while ago.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2011-08-01, 3:44 PM #3
Use your 3d printer to make me a 3d printer and then mail it to me.
2011-08-01, 7:01 PM #4
Actualy JM, there is a type of 3d printer where the structural components are able to be made using the 3d printer, and the same group is working on a device that can make the PCB, so that request might be closer to reality than you think.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2011-08-01, 7:06 PM #5
I know this. But it does me no good, because I don't have a 3d printer to print a 3d printer with.

↑ Up to the top!