Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → If you could change your name or custom title, would you?
If you could change your name or custom title, would you?
2011-08-02, 9:41 PM #1
I would change my title, probably to an X-Files reference. Tibby, however, would stay. Even though it's a dumb name, it's my name.
Plus you would all just call me that anyway.
2011-08-02, 9:47 PM #2
If I could, and if I grew tired of Estelore, I would change it to Yavin.

Things going as planned, eventually the title will change to Wiphe.
2011-08-02, 9:53 PM #3
Funny you say that Tibby. If we could have avatars I'd use the same Deep Throat avatar that I have that I use on several other forums.

And no I would not want to change my custom title.
2011-08-02, 10:27 PM #4
No I identify heavily with my nick, and anyone who's seen me in irc knows why my custom title suits me perfectly :D
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2011-08-02, 11:00 PM #5
Gebohq, in many ways, has almost become a second name for me, but if I could go back in time and pick out a different name for myself on the internet, I'd have gone with something more human-pronounceable.

As for my custom title, it does its job, though I'd also accept baby killer.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2011-08-03, 12:47 AM #6
I dunno, I don't think my name matters much. It sucks either way.

Custom title could use a change though. I don't know where this **** came from.

Originally posted by Gebohq:
Gebohq, in many ways, has almost become a second name for me, but if I could go back in time and pick out a different name for myself on the internet, I'd have gone with something more human-pronounceable.

I pronounce it geb-oak
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2011-08-03, 12:48 AM #7
I wouldn't change my title. Cool Matty earned it.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-08-03, 3:11 AM #8
No.

[http://forums.massassi.net/hypno.gif]
nope.
2011-08-03, 4:36 AM #9
At most I'd consider filing off the dashes.

However, until I am satisfied with the state of affairs of the board, I shall remain unsatisfied.

DOWN WITH OLIVE
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2011-08-03, 4:37 AM #10
My screen name is what I use for everything these days. I like it, and I'm not gonna change it.

As for my custom title... considering it's just _o0O0o_ (which I have zero clue what that means), I wouldn't mind a change. Of course, I also have zero clue as to what I would like it changed to, it's just as well. :P

Also, it's pronounced geh-BOCK. (I may have the emphasis wrong, though. It could just as easily be GEH-bock.)
2011-08-03, 4:49 AM #11
I can't imagine how my nick or title could be made any more perfect.
2011-08-03, 4:59 AM #12
Im glad I get to change your titles.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2011-08-03, 5:02 AM #13
I like mine just the way they are thanks.
2011-08-03, 5:03 AM #14
I love my name. I just wish goddamn spoiler tags worked.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2011-08-03, 5:10 AM #15
I have used the same name since I first started hanging around this site back in the days before massassi.net when we were but an unsightly growth on the ass of another site (jedinights.com IIRC)

I have no interest in changing it at this time or at any time in the future.
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2011-08-03, 5:15 AM #16
I've been using this handle since I started using the internet & I don't see any reason to change it now. I like the idea of someone else choosing our titles for us.
? :)
2011-08-03, 5:16 AM #17
Despite "FastGamerr" not really meaning or reflecting anything in particular, I still keep on registering with that name at most places. Maybe to see how long it takes for people to make up the acronym FGR. Hell, I dunno.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-08-03, 5:33 AM #18
I already did change my name... "TheJkWhoSaysNi" just became annoyingly long and nonsensical so I took it a totally minimalist direction. Most places I use different names. I don't like having an easily stalkable internet footprint.

Other names I occasionally go by: -ix, ix (if dash isn't allowed in usernames), Minus Nine (if 2-3 letters aren't allowed), Ad-infinitum and a few others.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2011-08-03, 5:33 AM #19
Well for Massassi it's sort of a no brainer that I keep EAH_Triscuit, the name has alot of history on the Zone and for JKDF2 in general. The only alternate I use (much more frequently) would be BinaryDemon.

As for the custom title, I don't know who picked it but I sorta like it. It reminds me of a JKDF2 story actaully. On the zone I used to infiltrate other JK clans for fun. One of the clans - JoA- Jedi of Avalon, had a member named JoA_EZ_Target, and as a spoof I would log on as JoA_EZ_Cheese. 'Good with Spray Cheese' reminds me of those days.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2011-08-03, 7:26 AM #20
I just like that it's pink, and that it also reminds me of the time I nearly choked on a soy bean. Also that GoY is one of my favorite people.

My username... I don't know, I use BSG everywhere, but I'm wishing I was just a bit more anonymous these days, so I'd probably just keep it the same.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2011-08-03, 9:09 AM #21
No. I love mine.
>>untie shoes
2011-08-03, 9:46 AM #22
I like my name and more people know me by this than my real name. As for the title think it's time it changed. "Zombie" maybe? ;)
2011-08-03, 2:35 PM #23
I like my name. I'm not sure where mb got the idea for my title at....
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2011-08-03, 3:01 PM #24
I dont think that was one of mine. Spooks title is one I'm proud of >_>
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2011-08-03, 4:48 PM #25
The only people here who's nicks don't suck are myself, Ni, mb, and myself.
2011-08-03, 6:00 PM #26
Hasn't changed yet.
"And lo, let us open up into the holy book of Proxy2..." -genk
His pot is blacker than his kettle!
2011-08-04, 10:16 AM #27
I did change my name during a brief period when that was an option, and hence the user title. I also really like that we don't pick our titles.

I would like baco's avatar to DIAF. (and that's the first time I've ever used that acronym)
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2011-08-04, 12:36 PM #28
No.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2011-08-04, 3:32 PM #29
Originally posted by maevie:
I did change my name during a brief period when that was an option, and hence the user title. I also really like that we don't pick our titles.

I would like baco's avatar to DIAF. (and that's the first time I've ever used that acronym)

:(

I miss new members accidently reading your name as massive_poo.
nope.
2011-08-04, 3:36 PM #30
Nope. But I can change my custom title.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2011-08-06, 1:21 PM #31
Originally posted by Baconfish:
I miss new members accidently reading your name as massive_poo.

haha, really?! I remember lots of people reading Maev is poo, but I was never told about massive poo!
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2011-08-06, 2:00 PM #32
I remember it happening more than once! :P
nope.
2011-08-06, 11:07 PM #33
People tend to read my name as "mental". I don't know if it's an accident or if they're basing this on my personality. Either way, it has happened several times over the years.
? :)
2011-08-07, 10:32 AM #34
Would like to get rid of the whole Anakin thing and switch to Millypede
Flying over there some were...

↑ Up to the top!