Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Brain Gas Stations Deluxe Edition
Brain Gas Stations Deluxe Edition
2011-08-05, 9:23 PM #1
Ladies and boy things, where do you go for your information? Do you just have your glenn beck RSS feed or do you just subscribe to professional journals?

Me, I use Christian Science Monitor to maintain a cursory knowledge of what is going on in the world, and subscribe to zenhabits because i like it.

Id really like to be able to keep up with the world, and I'd love to know where all you crazies get your info, and/or what joncey uses to interface his brain with internets
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2011-08-05, 9:39 PM #2
If Glenn Beck doesn't say it I don't believe it.
>>untie shoes
2011-08-05, 9:42 PM #3
WSJ sunday edition, read it through the week.
2011-08-05, 11:56 PM #4
These are the sources that I tend to check on a daily basis. I don't typically read "duplicate" stories unless I think it's an important enough issue to read various "perspectives" on. I'll occasionally check Fox News, The Drudge Report & The Huffington Post but nowhere near daily.
I also watch The Colbert Report & The Daily Show as often as I can (they tend to make me laugh at the crumbling world around me). I also tend to keep up with anything that Christopher Hitchens (e.g: Slate, Vanity Fair, etc.) or Sam Harris write. I don't really watch any television news. I don't have a television & don't really care for it anyways.
? :)
2011-08-05, 11:59 PM #5
Man, I thought this thread was about Brian's gas station but ALAS it was not meant to be.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-08-06, 5:19 AM #6
I wait for Ron Paul to publish an opinion on something, and then I agree with it.
2011-08-06, 5:50 AM #7
I tend to stick on BBC News if I'm the only person in as of late.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2011-08-06, 6:10 AM #8
The New York Times
BBC World News
NPR

That's it really.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2011-08-06, 6:41 AM #9
NPR
Wired
Reuters
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2011-08-06, 1:20 PM #10
BBC and Engadget apps on my phone, and news.ycombinator.com
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2011-08-06, 1:51 PM #11
fark :P
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2011-08-06, 5:06 PM #12
Christian science monitor
KFI (talk radio station that actually has AMAZING local news coverage)
Occasionally orange county register.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-08-06, 8:07 PM #13
Reddit
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2011-08-07, 12:18 AM #14
BBC, CNN, NYT, SCOTUSblog (unparalleled for comprehensive and accessible coverage of the Supreme Court), Fox News, and for a story I'm particularly interested in, the best available articles from a Google News search on the subject.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-08-08, 10:08 AM #15
Does anyone use Google news as a news reader?
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2011-08-08, 11:23 AM #16
Originally posted by Spook:
Does anyone use Google news as a news reader?

No, but I do use Google Reader to get stuff from RSS.
2011-08-08, 3:29 PM #17
Cracked
SomethingAwful
The Onion

(I don't read)
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'

↑ Up to the top!