Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Please help me with this.
Please help me with this.
2011-08-18, 6:34 PM #1
Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9YMU0WeBwU

Gaga plays a country song. Gets preyed on by icecream truck guy, marries a mad scientist who tries to turn her into a person but she turns back into a mermaid and then kisses herself dressed as a man. Then she runs down a road in Nebraska.

I know what the video means, I'm just really confused that she had 'country' (honestly, quite as much country as most of what is 'country' these days).

I don't know if the world makes sense anymore.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2011-08-20, 4:14 PM #2

OH GOD WHY IS THE AD FOR CIV5 I DON'T EVEN
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2011-08-21, 1:45 AM #3
I really don;t understand this Lady GaGa bull****. Its not artsy, its not catchy, its nothing more then garbage. Yeah the girl can sing, but so could Whitney Houston at one point, that doesn't mean ****. At least her other songs were club friendly, or had an electronica theme to them. This is literally one of the worst songs I have ever heard, soulja boi aside. An italian girl from the lower east of NYC trying to be country, a song with elementary structure and horrid programming (drums from a casio keyboard.. seriously?), and a stupid nonsensical video mashing up everything you possibly could in the most un-epic way imaginable.

The only reason this ****ing horse**** keeps coming out is because millions of hype loving morons keep supporting its spread. Its a lot like current politics really.
2011-08-21, 2:17 AM #4
Yeah, damn singers being popular just because people listen to them, what the hell
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2011-08-21, 2:43 AM #5
whoosh! That's the sound of my point flying over your head.
2011-08-21, 3:11 AM #6
Originally posted by x25064:
whoosh! That's the sound of my point flying over your head.

Sadly I think you might actually believe that...
2011-08-21, 3:59 AM #7
Are you mad, x25064?

You sound mad.
2011-08-21, 4:49 AM #8
Originally posted by Deadman:
Sadly I think you might actually believe that...

trollpost is trollpost.
2011-08-21, 5:01 AM #9
I disagree x#s.

PS That's Brian May on guitars.
2011-08-21, 5:01 AM #10
Dr. Brian May to you.
2011-08-21, 6:29 AM #11
I really don;t understand this Lady GaGa bull****. Its not artsy, its not catchy, its nothing more then garbage. Yeah the girl can sing, but so could Whitney Houston at one point, that doesn't mean ****. At least her other songs were club friendly, or had an electronica theme to them.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its not artsy. Also, her music is pretty catchy. But yeah, how dare she try to expand outside of an electronic sound. I'm pretty sure shes an accomplished Piano player but I guess that doesn't mean ****. Chopin could play too!

Quote:
This is literally one of the worst songs I have ever heard, soulja boi aside.

Literally!
Quote:
An italian girl from the lower east of NYC trying to be country, a song with elementary structure and horrid programming (drums from a casio keyboard.. seriously?), and a stupid nonsensical video mashing up everything you possibly could in the most un-epic way imaginable.

Elementary structure? How much theory do you know? 4/4 might be common but it's not elementary. Also, where did you get Casio keyboard from? Did i miss something in the video?
Quote:
The only reason this ****ing horse**** keeps coming out is because millions of hype loving morons keep supporting its spread. Its a lot like current politics really.

You're really good at comparing things that don't relate.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2011-08-21, 7:38 AM #12
trollpost is trollpost.

Speaking like a 4channer only serves to prove my point.

...and I have no idea why the text has gone like this
2011-08-21, 8:09 AM #13
Originally posted by mb:
Literally!

Anne Perkins!!!

Anyways, you might say this world has gone......gaga?
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2011-08-21, 8:18 AM #14
trollpost is trollpost.

error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2011-08-21, 10:40 AM #15
[http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/082/156/u-jelly.jpg?1289437657]
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2011-08-21, 11:46 AM #16
>>untie shoes
2011-08-21, 12:41 PM #17
I really don;t understand this Lady GaGa bull****. Its not artsy, its not catchy, its nothing more then garbage. Yeah the girl can sing, but so could Whitney Houston at one point, that doesn't mean ****. At least her other songs were club friendly, or had an electronica theme to them. This is literally one of the worst songs I have ever heard, soulja boi aside. An italian girl from the lower east of NYC trying to be country, a song with elementary structure and horrid programming (drums from a casio keyboard.. seriously?), and a stupid nonsensical video mashing up everything you possibly could in the most un-epic way imaginable.

Wow.... I can understand not liking her and her songs, but it doesn't mean you should burst a blood vessel about it at the first sign of her.
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2011-08-21, 2:11 PM #18
Originally posted by Antony:
pic

lol
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2011-08-21, 2:16 PM #19
Antony ****ing wins.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-08-21, 2:40 PM #20
I would like to nominate that for post of the year.
nope.
2011-08-21, 5:29 PM #21
I am mad damnit, I am bill o'reily mad!

mb: expanding genres is fine and all if done tastefully and tactfully, this is neither. There's artsy and there's just stupid. This video reminds me more of the "end of the world" (not the "hokay..so" one) song and video, without all the hilarity and meme overload. Weird but artsy would be like a MJ video. Put it this way, I can scribble on a paper and give it to you and call it art and violently defend it, but at the end of the day after all the hype and hubub, its still scribbled **** on a paper.

Yeah she can play piano, the broad can sing too, but that doesn't mean what she's doing with her talent is any good, at least not here.

As for the song critique, the structure is terrible, very rudimentary, much unlike her previous work which had more breaks and style to it. She should leave country to Keith Urban and continue the synthpop route she has been going down. Hell even Taylor Swift is more country this this ****. Also the Casio piano is in reference to the awful drum samples they chose for this song which sound, at best, like the stock drum samples from a cheap 80's Casio piano found at a local garage sale.

Deadtroll: Trolling is trolling, period. Regardless of what website the term originated from, it has become a mass spread internet phenominon that you have actively participated in. By ignoring most of my post and only micoexamining certain parts of the post which most others would simply pass by, looking to purposely pick a fight, you have successfully trolled. You continue to do so by repeating the same offense again with my next post. Congratulations! You'll get no such pleasure from me, friend. Also the politics reference makes perfect sense, you must just be a pissed off liberal.

I am not going to deliberate my post any further, I understand several of you thrive on this, so I hate to disappoint. On with the "u mad" postings!

Antony: I lol'd.
2011-08-21, 5:41 PM #22
Keith Urban isn't very country. He's poprock with banjos.
nope.
2011-08-21, 5:43 PM #23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRA5pm76XgE
2011-08-21, 6:55 PM #24
rage

Maybe he singled out one part of your post because your criticism lacks value and depth.
2011-08-21, 6:59 PM #25
Originally posted by Couchman:

that was delightful
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2011-08-21, 7:40 PM #26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOSS-ZFDMo4
2011-08-21, 8:22 PM #27
I am mad damnit, I am bill o'reily mad!

mb: expanding genres is fine and all if done tastefully and tactfully, this is neither. There's artsy and there's just stupid. This video reminds me more of the "end of the world" (not the "hokay..so" one) song and video, without all the hilarity and meme overload. Weird but artsy would be like a MJ video. Put it this way, I can scribble on a paper and give it to you and call it art and violently defend it, but at the end of the day after all the hype and hubub, its still scribbled **** on a paper.

Yeah she can play piano, the broad can sing too, but that doesn't mean what she's doing with her talent is any good, at least not here.

As for the song critique, the structure is terrible, very rudimentary, much unlike her previous work which had more breaks and style to it. She should leave country to Keith Urban and continue the synthpop route she has been going down. Hell even Taylor Swift is more country this this ****. Also the Casio piano is in reference to the awful drum samples they chose for this song which sound, at best, like the stock drum samples from a cheap 80's Casio piano found at a local garage sale.

1. You dont know what you're talking about.

2. You never indicated how much theory you know / understand.

3. You probably are incorrect about the fact its a Casio keyboard.

4. "Broad" **** you.
2011-08-21, 8:29 PM #28
Deadtroll: Trolling is trolling, period. Regardless of what website the term originated from, it has become a mass spread internet phenominon that you have actively participated in. By ignoring most of my post and only micoexamining certain parts of the post which most others would simply pass by, looking to purposely pick a fight, you have successfully trolled. You continue to do so by repeating the same offense again with my next post. Congratulations! You'll get no such pleasure from me, friend. Also the politics reference makes perfect sense, you must just be a pissed off liberal.

*sigh* I did not troll, I engaged in conversation but my initial post was too subtle for you. This is going to sound very trollish but you have been way too dense about this (probably due to your ridiculous rage) to even see what I was saying. But rather then think about what I said you just went omg troll. Throwing around a meaningless label. I also have to say I find it amusing that you called me a troll looking to fight when my response was one of the LEAST trollish.
As for political reference... I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not pissed off, I'm not liberal *nor labor, nor insert label here*.

Let me to try to sum up my actual point(s) more simply for you:
You not liking it doesn't mean no-one else can like it, nor does it mean people ONLY like it because of *insert conclusion you've leaped to here*. And me disagreeing with you doesn't make me a *insert conclusion you've leaped to here*.
2011-08-21, 10:00 PM #29
Hell even Taylor Swift is more country this this ****.

Just because a song has guitar and runs slow doesn't make it Country.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2011-08-21, 10:05 PM #30
She's so weird.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-08-21, 10:23 PM #31
That at least is something I think we can all agree on ;)
2011-08-22, 12:22 AM #32
I don't. I actually remember Grace Jones.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-08-22, 9:42 AM #33
Originally posted by mb:
1. You dont know what you're talking about.

2. You never indicated how much theory you know / understand.

3. You probably are incorrect about the fact its a Casio keyboard.

4. "Broad" **** you.

1.- Clearly.. NO idea whatsoever. :eyeroll:

2.- My knowledge of theory is irrevelent, if a song has poor structure then it simply does. I am judging this song against her previous work which was more complex and well written.

3.- I think your misunderstanding me, I mean it sounds like one, not that it is one. The similie is implying the drum samples sound cheap and terrible.

4.- No thanks I don't dig fatties ;)
2011-08-22, 9:48 AM #34
I think we can also agree that she looks really hot dressed as a boy amirite?

I don't understand how a song with the same structure as thousands of other good songs can have poor structure. It's a pop song, not a fugue that has complex development.
2011-08-22, 10:58 AM #35
1.- Clearly.. NO idea whatsoever. :eyeroll:

You're calling it stupid because it's not tasteful or tactful? Ok cool.

Quote:
2.- My knowledge of theory is irrevelent, if a song has poor structure then it simply does. I am judging this song against her previous work which was more complex and well written.

What the ****? Poor structure? Yes your knowledge of theory is relevant. Im willing to bet the majority of songs you like are all in 4/4 with the standard verse/chorus/verse. Except maybe for you it's also in drop C and has verse/chorus/breakdown

Quote:
3.- I think your misunderstanding me, I mean it sounds like one, not that it is one. The similie is implying the drum samples sound cheap and terrible.

Yeah you're right, drum machines are dumb and nobody should use them ever. I'M LOOKIN AT YOU DAFT PUNK.

Quote:
4.- No thanks I don't dig fatties ;)

Hi
2011-08-22, 12:57 PM #36
most popular songs are incredibly simple, they consist of 4 chords and are structured something like this: intro-verse-chorus-verse-chorus-break down-chorus(possiblyX2)
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-08-23, 10:42 AM #37
4 chords? Must be terrible. In order for a song to be good it has to have the most notes.
2011-08-23, 10:56 AM #38
Yes, by this rationale Steve Vai would be the greatest musician ever.
>>untie shoes
2011-08-23, 11:58 AM #39
I think my ears just vomited.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!