Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So, Windows 8.
So, Windows 8.
2011-09-13, 9:34 PM #1
Firstly, Beta link is here "Windows Developer Preview" it's stable enough for use and runs anything Win7 would, as far as I can tell.

Now, for my impressions:
It's pretty nice, I would appreciate the option to have the old style start menu while in "Desktop Mode" and have a link there to get to the "Start Screen" but it works well enough. The new explorer is sleak once you hide the ribbon, and native mounting ISO/VHD images is the best thing. The new task manager is also really great, and the OS just feels quick and responsive.

E1: Jedi Knight works in full screen mode! Which means JK works better on Win8 then Vista, plus the new "8 Bit Colour" compat option allows Starcraft to work without issues!
E2: But only in software mode, using hardware mode leads to a black screen, and DDraw.dll gives me a 256 bit colour error (without using compat modes)
E3: Fallout 1/2 also work flawlessly now, having trouble stopping IE from being default browser.
2011-09-13, 11:51 PM #2
E4: Try scrolling down before posting a new thread before I have to reinstate your no-threadmaking privileges. This topic already exists.

↑ Up to the top!