Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Attackwatch.com experiment: phase 1
Attackwatch.com experiment: phase 1
2011-09-14, 1:26 PM #1
Ok, so obamas re-election campaign recently launched a new website: [url]www.attackwatch.com[/url]
It's a little creepy and asks you to "report" attacks and misleading statements made about Obama. I'm actually really I interested in how this is handled, do they contact the person/group/blog who has been reported? Anyone interested in running an experiment with me on this??
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-09-14, 1:55 PM #2
If you want to see what they do when someone reports an "attack" you merely have to look at the "Attack Files" section. It appears to be similar to the "Fight the Smears" website that has been around since 2008. It's merely a campaign website of sorts & doesn't appear to be anything s-i-n-i-s-t-e-r.
? :)
2011-09-14, 4:01 PM #3
Jesus, if only we had that for the republican candidates.. but then the liberals would call it racist and unconstitutional. Also seems like a pretty dystopian concept.. oh wait.
2011-09-14, 4:03 PM #4
Originally posted by x25064:
Jesus, if only we had that for the republican candidates.. but then the liberals would call it racist and unconstitutional..

Really..? Can I please, please say it? You left yourself so wide open.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2011-09-14, 4:06 PM #5
Idk its you so I really wouldn't pay any mind to it anyway. I mean.. the last two things you've said to me are I don't deserve to go to college because my IQ isn't 200, and I should ignore gaping holes in my governments social care programs and be grateful for what I perceivably have... go 3 for 3.
2011-09-14, 10:58 PM #6
Jesus, if only we had that for the republican candidates.. but then the liberals would call it racist and unconstitutional. Also seems like a pretty dystopian concept.. oh wait.

Republicans don't need a website to be racist & unconstitutional. They have entire television network & countless radio programs that do that.

I think it's humorous that the right is "up in arms" over a campaign website that essentially does little more than aggregate external sources (e.g., FactCheck) yet they're not at all concerned that members of their own party think that coma patients without insurance should be left to die.
2011-09-14, 11:48 PM #7
I should ignore gaping holes in my governments social care programs and be grateful for what I perceivably have..

Er.. last I checked, there wouldn't be any social care programs if it were left up to you. Because apparently being poor is totally awesome, but it shouldn't be. See, I can put words in your mouth too. It's kinda fun.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2011-09-15, 3:57 AM #8
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Al Ciao rocks!

Originally posted by Mentat:
Massassi's Coolest Nerd - Al Ciao!

Al Ciao is da bomb!

Hey, Freelancer, you're right, it is kinda fun. :D
2011-09-15, 6:49 AM #9
Republicans don't need a website to be racist & unconstitutional. They have entire television network & countless radio programs that do that.

I think it's humorous that the right is "up in arms" over a campaign website that essentially does little more than aggregate external sources (e.g., FactCheck) yet they're not at all concerned that members of their own party think that coma patients without insurance should be left to die.

Funny you say that, considering TheYoungTurk's used to be THE liberal talk show of the day on Sirius, on the channel entitled "American Left". Mentat, when you want to display that you are a bleeding heart liberal, you best probably use an unbiased source, rather than a liberal talk radio show.This is like Wookie posting Fox News video as evidence, which both you and I know you'd be all over him for. And yes, I do indeed know TYT's angle. I used to listen to him on Sirius.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2011-09-15, 8:21 AM #10
well, i wrote a moderately disparaging blog about Obama... then reported myself. so far nothing. not even a thank you e-mail for the report! im assuming you have to be kind of a high profile individual to get on the doodoo list.

in all honesty though, the idea of a site that gets people involved in finding the truth is a good idea... they just managed to make it creepy.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-09-15, 8:32 AM #11
The fact that someone has even felt the need for a website like that to be put online doesn't surprise me.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-09-15, 11:46 AM #12
Originally posted by mscbuck:
Funny you say that, considering TheYoungTurk's used to be THE liberal talk show of the day on Sirius, on the channel entitled "American Left".

I had never heard of "TheYoungTurks" before posting that video & judging by the 3.5 seconds that I watched them, I can see why. This was merely the only video that I could find on YouTube, in a reasonable amount of time, that included the footage that I was looking for (without posting videos of the entire debate, which I knew that no one would bother with). Feel free to disregard the commentary (I skipped it entirely because it irritated me within a matter of seconds).

Mentat, when you want to display that you are a bleeding heart liberal, you best probably use an unbiased source, rather than a liberal talk radio show.

I don't think that believing there's something wrong with allowing uninsured people to die makes me a Liberal. It certainly means that I have a heart though, which is more than I can say for the people screaming for the death of the uninsured.

This is like Wookie posting Fox News video as evidence, which both you and I know you'd be all over him for. And yes, I do indeed know TYT's angle. I used to listen to him on Sirius.

No, it's not. I wasn't providing any sort of "evidence". I was merely pointing out how absurd it is that people would find a relatively harmless campaign website more offensive than members of the opposite party calling for the deaths of uninsured coma patients.
2011-09-15, 11:56 AM #13
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
well, i wrote a moderately disparaging blog about Obama... then reported myself. so far nothing. not even a thank you e-mail for the report! im assuming you have to be kind of a high profile individual to get on the doodoo list.

I suspect that they'll probably only defend things that they'd consider to be "popular" misconceptions. If Randy Random from Butt**** Iowa thinks that Obama is a homosexual, they're probably not going to defend it, because his opinion isn't negatively affecting their campaign (at least not outside of Butt****). Now, if Mr. Random states his case on "The O'Reilly Factor" then they'll probably bother (he'd then have an audience & would be relatively famous).
2011-09-15, 12:29 PM #14
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
The fact that someone has even felt the need for a website like that to be put online doesn't surprise me.
Pretty much. This is just another sign that the Republicans have a complete stranglehold on the national political discourse.

I read some blog posts a while back, written by some MSM journalists. They talked about how they can't even report on some things anymore because the Republican party doesn't want people to think about them. All of the news companies (except News Corporation) are invested in staying non-partisan so they can access the largest possible markets, so they're extremely sensitive to manufactured accusations of liberal bias. The net effect is that the Democrats are stuck defending themselves against constant criticism, with no real way of getting their own message out.

The posts were really interesting. I wish I could find them again. I think they were linked from LF.
2011-09-15, 12:40 PM #15
yet they're not at all concerned that members of their own party think that coma patients without insurance should be left to die.

i definitely see where you your coming from with the disgust towards the people in the crowd who cheered. but the question posed by wolf was a little... i dont know what. thirty year old guy, good job, good money... but he does not WANT to pay for health insurance. and he ends up in a comma. if thats a fair question i think it would also be fair to hypothetically assume this guy considered that if he CHOSE not to get coverage, not because he couldnt afford it, but just didnt want to shell out for it then he probably understood that he would not be covered if something happened to him.
i think a better question to have asked would have been, at what point does someone who has made their own bed have to sleep (or in this case die...ouch!) in it?
with the exception of the over zealous douches in the croud none of the pundits were "calling" for the hypothetical coma patient to die.

I suspect that they'll probably only defend things that they'd consider to be "popular" misconceptions. If Randy Random from Butt**** Iowa thinks that Obama is a homosexual, they're probably not going to defend it, because his opinion isn't negatively affecting their campaign (at least not outside of Butt****). Now, if Mr. Random states his case on "The O'Reilly Factor" then they'll probably bother (he'd then have an audience & would be relatively famous).

yeah i kind of suspected as much... HUMBUG!
2011-09-15, 3:35 PM #16
You know, Ron Paul basically told O'Reilly to go **** himself.

↑ Up to the top!