Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 50% off Star Wars titles on steam...
50% off Star Wars titles on steam...
2011-09-16, 8:34 PM #1
This weekends deal on steam is 50% off the Star Wars collection, as well as a few individual titles...

Of course, everyone here probably already owns all of them.
2011-09-16, 11:38 PM #2
I own no star wars games aside from JK. Take that!
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2011-09-17, 8:30 AM #3
I've got most of them already (good and bad), but I picked up Republic Commando. Always felt it was a really good, overlooked shooter and easily the best of the prequel games. Played an hour or so earlier and I forgot how slick the whole thing is. I love that laser wiper that periodically swipes across and cleans all the crap off your visor.

I've been playing lots of JK and KotR this week as well. Seeing the films again recently (for the first time in years) gave me a hard-on to revisit those classic games again.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2011-09-17, 8:38 AM #4
Originally posted by AKPiggott:
- - -Republic Commando. Always felt it was a really good, overlooked shooter and easily the best of the prequel games.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-09-17, 9:33 AM #5
I didn't read this as "titles".....

Anyway, I'm currently on a play-through of JK. I figure I'll play them all from the ground up. Just got done with DF last week.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2011-09-17, 9:53 AM #6
JK is an incredibly hard game now. I think we've been molly-coddled with recent stuff, I used to breeze through it!

If any of you guys want to add me on Steam (or Xbox Live/PSN), my username is in my sig.

Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

Glad you agree, FGR. I seem to remember it getting a lukewarm response from the JK community.[/COLOR]
2011-09-17, 10:13 AM #7
Hmm, I already own or don't want what Steam are offering there. Some semi-masochistic part of me wants to acquire Shadows of the Empire or Force Commander and try them out, but they're not available via Steam... Kind of surprised XWA isn't there though.
2011-09-17, 10:31 AM #8
I liked SotE. Quite a lot, in fact. It still might be one of the most 'Star Wars-y' games of all SW games, even if from many parts it's just an improved version of Dark Forces. Which is the #1 'Star Warsiest' SW game of all time, methinks.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-09-17, 10:52 AM #9
I was thinking of getting Republic Commando, but didn't. I think you have convinced me to get it now.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2011-09-17, 11:06 AM #10
Originally posted by GHORG:
Hmm, I already own or don't want what Steam are offering there. Some semi-masochistic part of me wants to acquire Shadows of the Empire or Force Commander and try them out, but they're not available via Steam... Kind of surprised XWA isn't there though.

I love "Shadows of the Empire". I had it on the N64 & the PC.
? :)
2011-09-17, 11:23 AM #11
I would say episode 1 racer contends with RC as the best prequel title.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2011-09-17, 2:28 PM #12
It wasn't the best thing ever but I always really liked Jedi Power Battles.
nope.
2011-09-17, 2:49 PM #13
Originally posted by AKPiggott:
Glad you agree, FGR. I seem to remember it getting a lukewarm response from the JK community.

I also agree. RC is a great game. The ending left you wanting more, but that's a lot better than leaving you thinking it was dragged out too long.

KotOR 1 and 2 are still king in my book.
2011-09-18, 3:11 AM #14
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I would say episode 1 racer contends with RC as the best prequel title.

Was talking about that with my mate while watching the Pod Race the other day. It was loads of fun.

Since LucasArt's MD changed a couple of years ago, they haven't released any more of their back catalogue. Shame.

Thankfully, I've still got Windows-compatible copies of Full Throttle and Sam & Max Hit the Road lying around somewhere.
2011-09-18, 12:44 PM #15
Racer! That was awesome! It's a shame it's not on steam, I'll have to figure out where in the attic my disc is!
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2011-09-18, 8:41 PM #16
Originally posted by Al Ciao:
I also agree. RC is a great game. The ending left you wanting more, but that's a lot better than leaving you thinking it was dragged out too long.

KotOR 1 and 2 are still king in my book.

I don't agree that RC was a great game, but definitely not a horrible one. I enjoyed it, it's definitely worth the purchase, but I doubt I'll ever play it again...
2011-09-18, 8:50 PM #17
Originally posted by Baconfish:
It wasn't the best thing ever but I always really liked Jedi Power Battles.

Yes I heard that was quite fun, but had some horribly frustrating jumping puzzles.
>>untie shoes
2011-09-19, 6:10 AM #18
Oh yeah, the level in the swamps was a pain in the ass.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!